Charter Senior Living of Buckhead

4804 Roswell Rd, Atlanta, GA, 30342

Reviews of Charter Senior Living of Buckhead

Adult child of seniors January 12, 2015

My parent has lived at Bickford for 2 years. I had help identifying a small facility with reasonable prices, close to hospitals, and outstanding CNA's. The new 2014 Director has done an excellent job of tightening up policies, procedures, and staffing. As with all facilities, there is turnover in chefs, activities directors, and nurses. But there have been many staff there the entire 2 years. They have worked with us through hospitalizations, falls, mediation changes, etc. And the small size if the facility allows for every staff member to know not only our parent but us adult children as well. There are several activities a day, both for the assisted living residents and the Alzheimer's unit residents. The only limitation is limited outdoor walking areas, but the rooms are spacious, food is good, birthdays and holidays are celebrated, and we feel our parent is safe and content. I looked at many places, and this one feels most like "home and family".

Mia9 January 31, 2014

I chose Bickford of Buckhead for my parents because the facility had a full range of care that they needed. The location was optimal for them for getting to their doctors. And when we selected the facility, they had a special which was financially attractive. The care they received was fantastic. They had fewer residents even when they were on full occupancy. My parents lived in several facilities but they loved the care here by far. They were very complimentary about the food which was surprising. However, they had a lot of staff turnover since my parents moved in and so there were a lot of changes in leadership. One of the things that I struggled with was when my father was discharged from the hospital and had been sent back via ambulannce to the facility. The woman who was in the acting-lead nursing position had refused to allow him to come back because they have not done an assessment and have not been alerted about his return. When I spoke with her, I said if I would have known about the assessment, I would have made sure it was done. That was also the day my father was put in hospice and would get an assessment by the hospice that night once he got home. And she turned him away to go back to the hospital where there was no bed for him. It was a complete fiasco and by the time I got there, she had left for the day and gone home. I raised this to the new director since they tried to enforce something which they had not communicated. It was not documented in any of the policies or rules. There was no flexibility. And also, I did not consistently get phone calls if one of my parents had an issue. But overall, except for the communication issue, it had been a great place for them.

Kim-1 February 20, 2009

Family friend/relative

Edenbrook of Buckhead is top notch for the money. My mother is currently there in the alzheimer's unit. She has a large area to freely walk around that looks like a home, plenty of caregivers to engage her, very delicious food, has manicures, her hair done, lotion rub downs at night -- she doesn't want to leave when we try to take her out for an outing because she doesn't want to leave her friends. I strongly recommend this facility, especially if your loved one has dementia. They are about as good as I could imagine for the money -- this is dementia assisted living at its best.

From Charter Senior Living of Buckhead

At Charter Senior Living of Buckhead, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the Atlanta area. Residents have many opportunities to participate in a variety of life enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul.

Charter Senior Living of Buckhead's "Legacy Cove" memory care includes a specially designed neighborhood to serve the special needs of individuals living with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss. Every day we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. With our Personal Touch program, we create a specialized, life-enriching environment that affords each individual maximum self-expression. The staff is committed to delivering a quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs. Enriching the lives of our residents through new memory care programs, communications, and environment will help grow the family LEGACY at heart!

Features of Charter Senior Living of Buckhead

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None