Brookdale Vinings

2401 Cumberland Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA, 30339

Promotion ends in 2 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Vinings

Caring97279150 December 15, 2014

My mother has only been at Emeritus at Vinings for about three weeks, and she commented that it was the nicest place that she has been. It is close to her doctor's office, and I really like the area and the facility. I like the staff. They seem to be really friendly. I like the fact that they got to know my mother fairly quickly, they were sensitive to her needs, and they were able to get what exactly she needed. She is not very talkative, but they understood that, and they were able to help her to be more sociable. The facility is clean, well kept, and decorated well, and the rooms are well maintained, spacious, and clean. The living environment is quiet. She does not complain about the food. They have Christmas activities.

Caring87433850 December 05, 2014

I found Emeritus at Vinings for my mother. I chose it because it was racially mixed. They had Orientals, Blacks, and Caucasian people. I wanted that because my mother came from a racially mixed area. She came from New York; I didn’t want her to go to a segregated place. The people seemed friendly. The staff has been very helpful and kind. They’re very accessible; you can come in all hours if you want to. I think they’re caring people. The maintenance is fine. It seems like a home, like a large hotel. It has a restaurant style eating, and you have a choice of your meals. The rooms have a range of sizes. She’s comfortable in her room. However, for those who are mobile, I don’t think they have the activity that I would like to see. The activity is all very sedentary. But they have promised me they will try to get in some new activities and try to do some things.

sharon124 July 26, 2014

I went for a tour for my mom. The guy at the front desk Kevin was very polite and helpful. This facility is very clean. The staff was very nice the tour was good and im considering bringing my mom.

randy11 March 19, 2014

I really love Emeritus at Vinings, but it was too far from friends and relatives to visit. When I drove up, it was like a resort more than a retirement home - very beautiful landscaping. It's pretty much a newer facility, beautiful foyer entry way. It had a look of a grand hall. Even the laundry room was clean. There was a courtyard in the back and it was also fenced. All the rooms were very nice, very well done and good sized. The staff were very friendly.

Caring78320550 February 28, 2014

We would have liked Emeritus, but the trouble was the location. It's about 45 minutes from my house. I was in the impression it was nice. The room seemed nice enough and the price was more competitive. The staff was very friendly. One thing about them is that they seem to put a higher premium on physical therapy, because my dad needs therapy. They have in-house therapy staff. The commitment to therapy was a little bit better.

Caring1819 February 14, 2014

Emeritus is a nice facility. My mother in-law’s room is great. I’m very pleased with the staff. They seemed to be very attentive to the residents and they provide good meals. They let you know if there is anything unusual that happened. They have Bingo, Scrabble and entertainers come in. I do a worship service there once a week.

Angelia1 December 20, 2013

My grandfather is a resident of Emeritus at Vinings. In terms of location, there are a lot of amenities within the area like grocery store, shopping areas, hotels, etc. So if family member would come to visit, there are things for them to do and I can take them to different local attractions within the area. I also chose Emeritus because the atmosphere of this place was very good. Also, this one is closer to my job. Emeritus is a very luxurious and very clean place. I would almost say that it is senior living with the luxury care because of their decorations, the furniture, and just the way it is. It is a beautiful facility. My grandfather is able to sit out on the front deck and he can see the Atlanta City skyline. Anyone would want to live there even a young person. It is very, very nice. I'm pleased with their dining care and their housekeeping services. They have housekeeping for each one of the residents twice a week and they would do their laundry too. The staff is very friendly and very attentive to their residents. Their rooms are very spacious and they come with a miniature kitchen, a walk-in closet, and their own full bathroom. All the safety equipment is there for each one of the residents. For the residents, there are a lot of activities that go on there. I would highly recommend it and I have recommended it already to other people. My grandfather has been there since July this year and I'm very pleased with them. I'm able to go to sleep at night knowing that he is in a very safe facility and that he is being well taken care of.

caring010710 July 25, 2013

We looked at a one-bedroom apartment at Emeritus at Vinings and it was very small. There also was no kitchen whatsoever. There was a small under-the-counter refrigerator and a microwave but there was no place for cooking. The front desk people were very courteous both when I called up and when I went there for a quick tour. My wife and I were looking for a senior housing as opposed to a place that provided any kind of care. We haven't reached that stage yet, but basing on my visit there, I would give them a good rating.

Ed6 May 22, 2013

My father stayed at Emeritus before he passed away. It was a very nice place with a very positive environment. There was a walking trail for the residents to walk around. The residents could participate in different areas or activities which I liked. The staff were very good with my dad, I did not see anything negative about them. I had no negative comments with the facility.

Shoeshoppa April 02, 2012

Do not send anyone you care about to this facility! The care is awful. We sent my mother there for respite for one night and when I went to visit her, I found her on the floor, barefoot, asleep in a room that was absolutely freezing. I don't know if they actually ever do anything they say they are going to do. The care is the absolute minimum that the state requires and I wish I could say one good thing about this place. It is terrible.

ALison1 October 24, 2011

This place was great not only do they offer professionally cooked and tasteful meals but I saw alot of the residents with pets like cats, and an elderly man had a small fish tank. Not only that but they had student volunteers come out and give free massages to the seniors. I had a nice time visiting that day!

timjohnson September 21, 2011

I have been in and out of senior centers for the past 6 years. I have lived in many of them. Living here for only a year I received a lot of help and made new friends the employees treated me with such respect. The was a young man that worked there I will leave is name unanimous but he always read to me and helped me feel somewhat young again. All the staff were friendly and had a way of welcoming all of us seniors. I am still in contact with a few of them as i mentioned before, I made some life long friends.

BevDivision June 22, 2011

I visited my aunt and uncle who are both residents at Brighton. When I first arrived, I noticed the beautiful architecture of the building. It was a nice colonial style structure with great curb appeal. I entered the facility and noticed the inside was just as appealing. It was very clean, had friendly staff members working at the front desk. There were licensed nurses on staff that specializes in diabetes, which was good considering both my uncle and aunt were diabetics. Their rooms were pretty big with gorgeous views of the outdoors. Overall, this place was cozy and had a good vibe.

From Brookdale Vinings

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

With its magnificent hill-top panoramic views of the Atlanta skyline and beautiful private courtyards, Emeritus at VInings is the perfect balance of grandeur and tranquility. Located near charming downtown Vinings; shopping, restaurants, and cultural events are just around the corner. Considered one of Georgia's premier personal care homes, Emeritus at Vinings offers the finest in senior living. Whether looking for the security of knowing that there is always a loving hand and caring heart available to offer assistance with activities of daily living, or looking for specialized care for a loved one with memory impairments provided with the same loving and caring touch; Emeritus at Vinings offers solutions. With several unique styles of both studio and one bedroom apartments in our personal care community, there is an accommodation to meet any desire. All of our apartments feature a kitchenette with refrigerator, spacious walk-in closets, large bathrooms with step-in shower, and individual heat and air control. Large windows and customizable designer paint and carpet throughout create a warm and welcoming place to call home. Our full activity schedule has something for everyone. Our residents are offered outings to shop, have lunch with friends, and attend cultural events. Painting and ceramic classes bring out the artist in all. Activities are also available to keep both the mind and body active. Regular entertainment and social hour just add to the vibrancy and excitement in our community. With our secured Memory Care Neighborhood, families can be assured that their loved ones will not only be cared for, they will also be safe from any wandering the diseases may cause. Our beautiful courtyard accessible through our Memory Care Neighborhood allows residents to enjoy the outdoors safely and with supervision. Our innovative memory care approach, "Join Their Journey" provides us the ability to meet each resident's and family's needs at each stage of the disease process. We thank you for choosing Emeritus at Vining as the home of you loved one. It is our promise that we will care for them, love them, and honor their dignity. Emeritus at Vinings is more than just a place to live; it is a place our residents call home and thrive! At Emeritus at Vinings, Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Features of Brookdale Vinings