Brighton Gardens of Buckhead

3088 Lenox Road, Atlanta, GA, 30324

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Buckhead

Caring85416150 May 30, 2014

We chose Brighton Gardens for my father because of the particulars of my father's health and their experience. The staff is fine. The rooms are too small. They have activities like mind games and trips. They keep them busy. However, they can improve on their communication.

Child of Parent November 21, 2013

Brighton Gardens memory care neighborhood was a horrible place for my mother. All that promised was not provided most of the time. We would come to visit my mom, and no one knew where she was, yet at the same time, usually there would be some other resident in her room. I've watched residents be physically grabbed by one resident; I've been physically grabbed by that resident; residents take others' food, drink, and silverware while staff seemed not to notice; and residents scream and curse at lunch and dinner. My mom was so unhappy and anxious in that environment. Some of the staff are wonderful, but others are not. There are simply not enough staff. Seems like corporate decisions and profit are much more important than quality of life for the residents and concern for their well being. My husband and I also were lied to more than once. When we asked to see my mom's records, which the contract allows, they refused. The placement was not at all what we were lead to believe, and I am so sorry we ever took my mother there. She is so happy and doing so much better now that she is not in BG's memory care neighborhood. It was also very expensive, and we were paying for services and support my mom simply did not receive. I would not have given even one star but had to just to post.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and this is something we take very seriously as we care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and family members. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more regarding this situation. –The Sunrise Team

CaringDaughter00000253 September 14, 2013

Brighton Gardens of Buckhead was an extremely nice place and I was very impressed. It was also conveniently located near some malls. The staff seemed very engaged and there were more staff than the other places I have been to. They seemed to have a very good range of activities for the residents. The rooms were spacious enough, bright and light. I would recommend this place to other people.

babs29 March 29, 2013

This facility has ridiculous turnover, much higher than the norm for assisted living. The staff changes constantly As a result the understanding of residents and quality of care is poor. When visiting a relative, we always hear arguing among the med tech staff. Found that our loved one was not receiving his meds consistently. The facility itself (building, décor, etc.) is very clean, in good condition and tastefully decorated. Just don't look beyond the aesthetics.

Thank you for visiting our community. We'd like to learn more about your experience and would invite you to provide us with further feedback. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com

41061 October 06, 2012

When my grandparents first begin living at Brighton Gardens, they were in a regular suite on the second floor of the building. The workers there were always friendly to the residents and visitors who were at Brighton Gardens. After a year, my grandfather passed away and my grandmother sank deeper into a depression which resulted in an early onset of Alzheimers. The workers at Brighton Gardens expressed their concern with my grandmother living on the regular unit and suggested she be moved to an Alzheimers unit instead. Although we were hesitant, we knew this was best for her. After about 4 more years of being a resident at the assisted living home, she passed away. Even at her funeral, a caregiver from Brighton Gardens made sure to come. I was always pleased with the service provided at Brighton Gardens.

timjohnson September 21, 2011

When looking for a center to live in me and my daughter came here although we did not choose this center because of the distance. I must say the center was clean perhaps spotless and great staff. I joined with some of the seniors playing bingo and ate some of the well prepared food. At the end of the visit we tour the different rooms and they all were clean and spacious with tv and cable.

Kiera W September 01, 2011

I have nothing but great things to say about this place. The home itself is very pretty and they do a good job with keeping it clean. The nurses were so nice to us and they are great at knowing when to step in and when to give the family alone time. We were in the hospice area and I have to say that they really take care of the patient and make sure they are not in pain. It made us feel good to be in a place that made such a bad situation feel a little better.

From Brighton Gardens of Buckhead

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brighton Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Brighton Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.

Features of Brighton Gardens of Buckhead

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours