Arbor Terrace at Cascade

1001 Research Center Atlanta Dr. SW, Atlanta, GA, 30331

Reviews of Arbor Terrace at Cascade

Denise29 December 18, 2014

My father moved in to Arbor Terrace. When we toured the place, they were friendly and when we came back, they didn't know we were coming, and they had the same effect. We come unannounced, and we received really good service. There are tons of employees that they have working for them. If you have more employees, the quality of service is a little better. They have nurses on staff 24/7. Every shift, there is a nurse. The hospital is not far from the facility. My father has Alzheimer's or dementia, and they are known for their dementia care. So, there are two different services; they don't just group them all in one area. They group the people that are able to do for themselves in one area and then one area that cannot do for themselves. It is expensive, but it is good for us.

He is in a private room with a little refrigerator. They have meals three times a day plus snacks. It is nice, and it is gated, but they can't get out because they have a brick wall. I will recommend them to friends and family. It is amazing. We visited tons, but this is the best.

Barbara82084150 December 31, 2013

I was very impressed with Arbor Terrace at Cascade. It was well lit and nicely decorated. The people were very friendly and helpful. They definitely showed me around. Their rooms were cheerful. I had seen a few of them inside the facility and residents were able to decorate them personally to their tastes. The dining room was more like actually like a dining area, not long tables or anything, but round tables where you sit just like you're dining out. They were very friendly that we were able to go down in the dining room and had a meal there. They also have a TV viewing room where you could entertain your guests, which was very nice. What impressed me the most was the overall look of this facility where you just feel like you're at home. Also the fact that you can fix the room to make it look like your home. The only thing they could improve on was their parking.

Rosemary W October 25, 2013

My mother is in Arbor Terrace now. They give excellent care, very good follow-up and very good communication. The medical team is excellent. They have different levels of care. They treat the residents with a more of a family environment and it is not overwhelming for anybody who will go in there. She is in a studio apartment. She has a sitting area, a bathroom, which is handicap accessible, a closet, a cabinet, a small eating tray. They invite people to come and be part of the active community. They have activities wherein the residents go on outings. They go out to restaurants and theaters. They go on movie days and walk to the park. They go to various farms to pet the animals. They bring in animals from the humane society for the patients. I eat there and the food is very good. I think their scale from the health department is 98. They are very conscious to the residents' diets and those who cannot eat solid food and diabetics. What really stands out to me is there they are hands-on to their resident.

zimzam2009 December 22, 2012

I would have to say that my view on this community was neutral overall. There were positives that were equally weighted with negatives. The pros are obvious. My grandmother began having a tough time financially after she retired. She was unable to adequately feed herself, pay utilities and (occasionally) her rent. This facility gives her an opportunity to live with more financial freedom. The fear we had of her not receiving adequate nutrition is also relieved.The cons are the following: odor of the facility and the reduced freedom from her owning a home. During the day only, there is a smell resembling urine in the facility. My grandmother often complains but she knows the condition of some other residents. The realization that she no longer has a house of her own is constant. She often finds herself trying to accept her decision to enter an assisted living facility. While she ultimately finds it to be beneficial, she often thinks she gave up a bit of her happiness for her health.

ALison1 October 14, 2011

I was not to thrilled coming here when I came mostly everyone was quiet and sitting down watching television even some of the staff.

Caring234690 July 27, 2011

The facilty was everything I would like for my father. After my mother passed in October 2007, I immediately began to visit several senior facilities and Arbort Terrace at Cascae was at the top of my list. Upon entering the faciility, you are greeted by a very friendlly staff and the condition of the building is exquisite. I was impressed in that the facility was sectioned off to meet the needs of its patients - Assisted Living, Alzheimer's. Seniro Facility, etc. I think of Arbor Terrace as a one shop stop.

I gathered the necessary documents and was givena tour of the facility however; my father has decided to remain in his home for as long as he is able to live on his own.

From Arbor Terrace at Cascade

At Arbor Terrace, we believe in embracing life in every way. Our activities, from entertainment to wellness programs, are specifically designed for active senior minds, bodies and spirits. You go at your own pace, doing as much or as little as you wish or are able, with well-trained staff ready to assist.

From the dining to the activities to the spirit of hometown service, Arbor Terrace is designed for the best in living. In fact, "Assisted Living" is too limited a term for what Arbor Terrace is all about. It goes beyond a menu of capabilities: it is our whole community's philosophy, for neighbors and staff alike. Newcomers join a family that helps one another in every possible way.

There are times you feel like curling up in your favorite chair and paging through a good book or visiting with neighbors. There are times when you feel like swapping fishing stories, or shuffling cards for a game of bridge. This is the lifestyle at Arbor Terrace: Rich with comforts in the finest Southern tradition, yet down-home and easy-going.

Features of Arbor Terrace at Cascade

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Assisted Living
  • State License(s): PCH009030

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Arbor Terrace at Cascade