Morning Pointe of Athens

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Morning Pointe of Athens

June 16, 2014

By A Good Choice

My experience with Morning Pointe has been over the last six months. My mother went in as a resident very frail, tiny, no appetite, no sparkle in her eyes, no desire to be social. Since she's been there she's gained 13 lbs. She looks forward to the meals - especially breakfast. For lunch and dinner, there is always an alternative meal, if you do not care for what is on the published menu for the day. Meal time is a pleasant social time too, for my mom. However, if she chose to eat in her room, they would bring her meal to her. They have engaged my mother in playing Bingo and Scrabble - and it's been wonderful for her - at 80 years old she's become a bit competitive. She attends a devotional time. And participates in a mild exercise time - which makes her feel good to have used her arms and legs and neck; that she would not normally done in her routine day. The staff there check on her all of the time. I've never had a moments worry about her care - and she left my home, to go live at Morning Pointe - so she could have more consistent care and regular, healthy meals. Her room is cleaned for her regularly. And the inside of the facility is beautiful. Several places to gather/sit and visit - if you have more guests than your suite will hold. My friends say "can we get a room there".

June 15, 2014

By Ksmith8703

Cooks do the best they can with cheap food products. Some residents also keep food in their rooms because they are still hungry after the meals. They have done some upgrades like getting large screen TV's but the carpet needs to be cleaned or replaced. Also some areas of outdoor sidewalk are not very wheelchair or walker friendly. Even an able-bodied person with reasonable high heels could fall easily. Need a wider pull up in front of building. And above all, additional staff! Residents must wait too long to get attention, even in an emergency. I am not a great fan of this place and feel I am being generous in giving it three stars. I have a friend there but honestly I would never have my own relative or think of moving there myself. The cost is way too high for what residents are getting in the way of services and care. Food is atrocious. (kids in our schools get better stuff than these elderly people!!! It is a shame!)

March 12, 2014

By Judy87535050

Their compassion, care and activities keep my mom healthy and happy.

Photos of Morning Pointe of Athens

Features of Morning Pointe of Athens

• Housing Extra: Studio Deluxe

About Morning Pointe of Athens

Conveniently located not far from downtown Athens, Tennessee, near Athens Regional Hospital and doctor's offices, Morning Pointe of Athens is a single level, state-of-the-art, assisted living community offering 44 spacious apartments with multiple floor plan choices.

At Morning Pointe you will find assistance with medication, transportation to appointments, delicious meals... whatever your loved one needs and whenever they need it, Morning Pointe is here. Morning Pointe can help manage the uncertainty of caring for an aging loved one, while enhancing their independence. At Morning Pointe, trained staff listen to learn the resident's preferences and needs. Each care plan is tailored to assure dignity and enhance quality of life. Individual care plans are reviewed regularly and when necessary are coordinated with outside medical providers allowing the residents’ ever changing needs to be met today and in the future.

Licensed nurses at Morning Pointe work closely with the resident’s family and physicians to understand changing medication needs. Our licensed nurses oversee medication management ensuring your loved one takes the correct medication at the right time.

Eating right doesn’t have to be hard. At Morning Pointe, our staff work closely with the residents to understand their preferences and create an ever changing menu that includes seasonal fruits and vegetables. A wide variety of nutritious entrees and always available alternate items create a dining experience that is full of choices.

Social interaction is one of the keys to healthy aging. At Morning Pointe, our staff listens to understand individual interests and past experiences to help build a Life Enrichment Program that includes a wide variety of activities, giving a sense of purpose and creating meaningful days. Come see the Difference at Morning Pointe!

Map of Morning Pointe of Athens