Brookdale Ashland

548 North Main Street, Ashland, OR, 97520

Reviews of Brookdale Ashland

March 31, 2014

By Barbara76963950

A place I looked at was Emeritus, and it was terrible. The physical facilities were very dated. I didn't feel it was clean. The activities were not very interesting. The meal service was absolutely horrible. I spent an hour and a half waiting for my lunch, and I learned from other people later that that was typical. That wasn't just one bad day. Their lunch, their meal service, is extremely slow. It was very discouraging. I wanted to walk out and leave, but I was too polite, and the house that they showed me was -- I thought it was back in the '50s. It was terrible. They didn't have enough parking for guests. The woman who showed me around was nice and often pleasant, but I didn't like that place at all.

April 30, 2013

By Ella25

Most of the staff work very hard, which is necessary because it is very minimal. There are long wait times for hygiene help, and medications are usually given late. The staff stay pleasant but aren't allowed to do anything extra for the residents. No matter how much money is paid for a relative to live there, certain things are denied, such as a peanut butter sandwich if they get snackish in the evening. Some staff are doing nursing duties but have no medical training or background. But it is not a bad place to be if your parent or grandparent doesn't have bad medical problems, as some residents do.

August 13, 2011

By Care Mgr.

Other

The staff is very informed as to the needs of the residents. The nurse, in particular, is very caring and responsive. The administrator does a good job of keeping the facility running well. I currently have 2 clients living here, and as a geriatric care manager, I would recommend it.

Features of Brookdale Ashland

• Fee Structure Extra: We Charge A One Time Community Fee.

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Nurse On Staff: 1

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Partner With Specific Company That Offers All Financial Options

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: Several Churches Pick Up Residents And Take Them To Church And Bring Them Back

• Licenses: IL/AL

About Brookdale Ashland

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Main unique feature is having 2 executive directors on property. One for IL and one for AL. Allows AL director to focus entirely on care for residents and interaction with family members. She doesn't have to deal with any of the other needs of the community except health care. IL executive director focuses on everything else. We offer very competitive rates and have specials all the time.

Map of Brookdale Ashland