Brookdale Arvada

7720 Allison Street, Arvada, CO, 80005

Reviews of Brookdale Arvada

Anonymous110315350 June 29, 2015

Brookdale Arvada was the first place that I went to. The staff was very helpful when it came to what kinds of things I should be looking for when it comes to different places. The place was very nice. It was really well cared for.

David107099850 May 15, 2015

Brookdale Arvada was excellent.  It's a fairly new facility.  There were a variety of activities available, and they're fairly ingenious.  They have things everyday.  It's a much wider range than just bingo and movies.  They do exercise, they have a weights room and therapy, and they take them places.  If you check the entrance, they're all key operated and pretty well secure.  They have one and two-bedroom units.

Noni1 April 10, 2015

I choose Brookdale Arvada for my mother because it is a small facility, it offers memory care right there if she will need it, and the enthusiasm and professionalism of the staff. They are a very clean and small community, and it seems like their staff is very dedicated.

Caring104507550 January 16, 2015

The staff at Brookdale is not compassionate. The apartment has two rooms with a bathroom and kitchenette. The food is just OK, and I don’t think their menus are healthy. The dining room is very big and spacious. They have bingo, exercise, and games.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority. We will share your concerns to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

ohboy1234 January 01, 2015

Had a parent live there 3 years. Started out fine. As time went on and she declined, service declined. Medication issues, cleanliness issues, response issues, verbal abuse by a staff member, mouse infestation and feces issues, food prep issues. Upper management most concerned with career path. The industry as a whole is staffed by underqualified, untrained employees. There are a few shining stars, but most hate their job. Issues brought to management attention usually swept under the rug with a promise to "get back with you"...still waiting for a response on a med issue from over a year ago. Beginning to think I wont get one. Remodeled facility is very nice. However, new paint, carpet and decorations do not replace the quality of care not given to residents. I would NOT suggest this facility for a loved one.

This is very concerning to us. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and for providing feedback. Please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

greenmachine December 14, 2014

This community offers a lot to the residents. I have seen the changes over the past few years and am very pleased. The construction and rennovation made a huge difference in the presentation of the community, and the care staff have always provided for our loved one. You can tell that they truly have a heart for what they do. I would highly recommend this place for your loved one.

Daughter L October 28, 2014

After 6 weeks in the new and beautiful Clare Bridge Memory Care, I removed my Dad from this facility. Not enough staff. They will charge extra for a lot of services that you would assume would be covered in a memory care. Unless your loved one is in the advanced stages of dementia, it is not an appropriate place in my opinion.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Richard78068750 March 21, 2014

Sterling House is the very first place we visited. They were very nice. The woman we met was really helpful. We explained to her that we're just beginning our search, and we didn't know the difference between assisted living and independent. And she was really helpful. She probably spent an hour and a half with us. She took us to show some rooms. We realized they were just way too small. We understood why because it's an assisted living.

Most of the time, we sat in their dining room and just chatted. I think probably the thing that I was most impressed with is that I think it was pretty obvious early on in the conversation that it wasn't what we need. But she was still very helpful in giving us a lot of general information. She was still willing to sit there and talk to us and give us the benefit of her experience, which I thought was very nice. We liked the place. It was nice and pretty new. They were doing some renovations and add-ons. It looked like a very nice place and the people are very nice to us.

Greg13 February 28, 2014

Sterling House was just all wonderful. The whole thing was really nice. When we went there they were doing some reconstruction. I didn't think it was any problem. I figured when they finish it'll be nice and good.

Caring78909150 February 28, 2014

My mom-in-law is still at Sterling House of Arvada and we were not happy with the services that they are giving to her. The staff are nice, but when we had complaints nothing was done about it. I think they were just too short of staff for the number of residents that they have. They were supposed to come in and clean every Wednesday for a thorough cleaning, but they just come in and vacuum. I was very disappointed because it took months for them to get the stain out of the carpet after we raised the issue. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Suzie2 August 30, 2013

My dad has been staying at Sterling house for six months now and we couldn't be happier with the staff and how excellent he is being treated. Loui the RN has done an exceptional job transitioning our father into this new environment.

Donna26 August 27, 2013

I visited Sterling House for my mother-in-law. Everything was really good, but it was more expensive than what she can afford. It was clean and organized. The rooms were fine and we're pleased with them.

Nancy64772650 June 13, 2013

Sterling House of Arvada is in the process of doing a major remodeling. They are adding in a memory care unit. We had a tour of the place and it came off as very gated. It didn't have a comfortable feeling in there. It was a little cluttered and worn. I suppose if you are someone who strictly has Alzheimer's with a little mind left, the place is fine, but I didn't find it really appealing. I think it will make a huge difference when the remodeling is done and they have updated all the facility.

Bill18 June 07, 2013

Sterling House was a very pleasant place but the rooms were very small for the price and they were all for one person. The staff were marvelous, I have nothing bad to say to about them at all. I'm very happy with what I saw but there were services offered that I have no need for right now.

TS2 August 08, 2012

My mom was in Sterling House for one month. Pain meds they promised they could get in 2 hours or less took over 18 hours while she lay in pain. Despite repeated calls for incontinent care, she was left with a dirty diaper for well over an hour. They refused to administer her prescribed nausea meds until after she vomited. They failed to deliver at least three meals. They refused to administer her prescribed pain meds for more than three hours. Even the day she arrived, the room was not ready, the hospital bed had not arrived, incontinent care items were not available, the incontinent care staff had not been advised of her needs, the dining room staff had not been advised that they were to deliver meals to her room, and when they did, they had forgotten silverware, napkins, and beverage. These are just a sampling of the four weeks of Sterling House incompetence. Not a place for a loved one IMHO.

Fire Inspector June 18, 2012

My grandpa is in this facility. The ratio of staff to residents is terrible. These young employees have no concept of caring for the elderly. The food is ok but not great by any means. They call this assisted living but in reality it is a glorified nursing home. I wished I had the power and the ability to care for me grandpa myself. DONT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE HERE

Tricia C January 02, 2012

I have witnessed on several occasions either the staff or residents being mistreated. My relative who lives in this facility also complains that they are not enough care givers to meet the needs of everyone living there. I would not recommend that anyone work there or send their loved ones to live there

A Geriatric Physical Therapist June 21, 2011

This is a small, intimate assisted living facility with the rooms arranged in a square, which makes it easy for residents to navigate.

The decor is basic but clean"”although the place has a bit of a clinical feel. The rooms are of average size.

The staff and nurses are really on tip of the care"”checking on residents constantly. If a resident needs that kind of attention, the place is excellent; such personalized care is probably easier here because it's smaller and more intimate than most other assisted living places.

If residents enter assisted living and then and decline a lot, Sterling House is really good about keeping them on as opposed to pushing them out the door. That helps, because residents can then receive care from people who are constant and familiar to them.

I have heard only praise for the food.

There is a fulltime recreational therapist who organizes and offers lots of activities; not especially posh or plentiful equipment for exercising, but there are movies and such.

Sterling House is best suited for residents who are not too ambulatory"”and those who might need more care, since the staff is quite watchful.

The cost is in the lower range, more affordable than many in the area.

SnoopyRodd June 13, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother is a resident at the Sterling House in Arvada, Colorado. While she enjoys the activities that are provided to the residents, such as children groups coming to sing to them or other musicians of sorts, she thinks that her room is too small. She also does not like the large loudspeaker in the room that awakes residents early in the morning. I think that she enjoys the meals there, but many of the residents clearly suffer from dementia or some other type of memory loss. Unfortunately, my grandmother is only at this facility because of her physical health; her mental health is fine. This makes it difficult for her to have meaningful conversations with her residents. On a final note, the staff has always been helpful and welcoming.

From Brookdale Arvada

Brookdale Arvada provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Arvada

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: Assisted Living and Secure Memory Care
  • State License(s): 23046M

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid