The Jefferson Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

3.9

August 13, 2014

By Irina1

The only thing I didn't like about The Jefferson was that there was no parking. Parking was really bad. The people are nice and friendly. It was all clean; it smelled good. They did have people who were cleaning up or picking up or doing something while I was there. There are different things for different people, including card games. They take you on bus tours. They also show movies there.

May 28, 2014

By howard6679

The Jefferson is very organized and comfortable, it just felt right. The room I looked at was a one-bedroom with a den that you could use as an office or TV room, a living room, a small kitchen, and another room, which you could use as a guest bedroom. The one I looked at was carpeted. The staff I met was quite nice. The entire facility was very clean. They had exercise classes in their pool. They had a gymnasium and a library. They had a series of events sponsored there.

January 24, 2014

By Rochonuscg

We visited The Jefferson over a year ago. It is not in the location that we want. It's in a congested area of Arlington. It didn't give us the homey feeling. The place was quite large. But the staff were very nice and accommodating. There was one young lady who gave us most of the time. The common area was nice too. There was a little party going on. I thought the dining area was nice. It was very clean as well.

November 21, 2013

I was impressed with The Jefferson. The facility was very nice. They did have a setup for eating and the way they get people together at mealtime, I think this was very beneficial for the people that live there. The food was good; I've eaten there myself.

July 24, 2013

By HappyToVisit

I was impressed with the rooms of Jefferson and the closet space. They are situated in downtown Arlington and a block from the Metro. Their food was tasty, we had lunch there and they had an attractive buffet. The server was attentive. The apartments are well insulated and soundproof but once you are outside, you are assaulted with all kinds of street noise and we decided we wanted a quieter location. Also, they did not have activities that we were looking for.

December 12, 2012

By pme

My mother lives in the memory care unit at this facility. Overall, my family's experience has been very positive. My mother is well cared for and seems very comfortable in her environment. Above all, the caregivers have expressed genuine concern for my mother and our entire family. We began hospice care several months ago and the staff at the memory care unit have worked seemlessly with the hospice providers to assure the best possible care as my mother's health declines.

September 01, 2011

By Tom2

Another property run by Sunrise. This is a highrise property in Ballston VA. It is located very close to the metro so if urban high rise living is what you are looking for this is a good match. The apartments and furnishings are attractive and the staff is very attentive. The only big downside in my view is the location in that it is right in the center of a very busy part of town. There are lots of activities including trips into downtown DC for events at kennedy center and elsewhere.

Photos of The Jefferson

Features of The Jefferson

About The Jefferson

Just one block from the Ballston Common Mall and the Metro in Arlington, Virginia, The Jefferson is a condominium retirement community making a lasting impression in senior living. From its dramatic architecture to its lovely living room, dining room and common areas, The Jefferson offers comfort and elegance. Our residents are proud to have family and friends visit, and often invite guests to lunch or dinner, especially to our Sunday champagne brunch. Our proximity to the nation's capital allows The Jefferson's residents to enjoy a variety of intellectual, cultural and social activities - inside and outside the community.

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you?re given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It's ideal if you're an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.

Map of The Jefferson