NEED HELP FINDING ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Payment

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sunrise at Bluemont Park

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Reviews of Sunrise at Bluemont Park

Posted by kma March 17, 2015
1.0

On first and second visits this was the place for Dad!! The apartments were nice and the staff seemed so friendly and helpful. They arranged for an evaluation of my father, and we were surprised that Sunrise felt he was eligible for independent living, since he had been diagnosed with dementia and had trouble managing in his own home. This is part of their sales pitch. They just want your money. Move in costs were $2000, in addition to the expenses associated with the physical move. Within the first month our costs increased almost 25% in added fees. Not what we had planned for. At one point they asked us to move Dad out until 24 hour assistance could be found. This was in addition to the fees we were already paying. Still they insisted that he did not belong in the dementia building.
After moving Dad into a better living situation, clearing up the last billing has been a nightmare. They have charges for physical therapy, administering meds and other admin fees for days after he moved. The billing person seems incapable of making a decision. Finally sorted out, I write this so that other families do not have too live through the same situation.

Posted by maidson_blues February 11, 2015
1.0

My mother was at this Sunrise...many of the care managers are excellent but the administration is horrible..they are unresponsive, rude and incompetent . I would be very careful leaving a loved one at th facility .

There is huge staff turnover at all levels...which the administrators use as an excuse as to why they are not responsible for things that have happened in the past....stay away!

Posted by Caring100358050 January 17, 2015
4.0

I like Sunrise. I like the fact that it was clean. It looked like the staff was engaged with the residents. I think they need to have a clear display of activities and schedule for the day. They probably have a lot going on, but it wasn't clearly listed.

Posted by Caring9710250 April 30, 2014
2.0

Mom was at Sunrise at Bluemont. We had a little bit of a weird experience, meaning that it seemed OK, but I just had a suspicion that some of the nurse techs were not very gentle with my mom. I think they might have been a little too rough with her, and they might have grabbed her hands too tightly. She fell a lot there, and she had a lot of bruising on her arms. The food was OK, not the greatest, and seemed a little bit cafeteria-like. It also was expensive, too.

Posted by Caring79048650 February 27, 2014
3.0

Sunrise is too big in a sense and several buildings which really isn't very convenient for old people. That part is not so good. They have what they call memory care which is for persons who have something similar to Alzheimer's. They were very nice, they were very friendly but, of course, they would be. They're all sales people.

They have rooms. They have cleaning. They have food services available. They have what they call an exercise facility but that's a bit of a joke because for people who are totally and completely physically capable, they're fine but with people with a lot of physical limitations, the patient doesn't even bother with the gym. Neither of my parents is capable of getting on any of that equipment so that, in itself, is a little bit of a joke.

Posted by Stephanie13 August 01, 2013
4.0

I chose to visit Sunrise at Bluemont Park because it was in Arlington and I would like to live in Arlington. It was near my doctor. I liked the apartments pretty well. They had been updated and had a nice kitchen. They had a washer and a dryer in every apartment and the bathroom was updated. They didn't have much closet space. They had a nice dining room. They only serve one meal a day and the price was over my budget. The one-bedroom was $4,003 a month. But I liked it because it actually was in a park and they had a lot of walking trails. They had porches all along so people can sit outside. The people were nice. They seemed to know their business.

Location of Sunrise at Bluemont Park