Sunrise at Bluemont Park

5920 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA, 22205

Reviews of Sunrise at Bluemont Park

Deborah124315050 May 11, 2016

Sunrise at Bluemont was OK. My father was the one who went in there. The rooms were very nice. The dining room was wonderful. The food was adequate. He was in there for three weeks of respite care. They had told us that he would have kitchen glasses, silverware, and dishes, but he only had plates and nothing else. His room was supposed to be cleaned once a week and his laundry done, but that did not happen.

Thank you for sharing. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details so we may follow up with you directly. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Jenn smith March 30, 2016

I recently called the Sunrise at Bulemont Park, inquiring for my mother. After front desk forward me to the sales department everything went down hill The sales person was not helpful, she was rude and trying to rush me off the phone. I did not expect that from Sunrise. I really wanted my mother to be in good care and be around caring people who will meet her expectations. But if i cant not get even a sales person to help me over the phone because she has to go to lunch, I don't think I can trust the rest of the staff. Please avoid this place. Also to make things worse, the sales associated said she will call me back after lunch but she still has not it has been since Thursday (3/24).

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Helen119714850 February 17, 2016

We were impressed with Sunrise. The staff was exceptionally friendly and nice, and able to accommodate my mother’s needs. The location was good, the cost was reasonable, and it was clean. The apartments were larger than most of the other ones we’ve seen.

Anon multi year resident December 26, 2015

DO NOT let your family members take ANY jewelry, most of my mother's rings, earrings were stolen. Management always tried to say she lost it, although never before. She was there several years, horrible experience for my mother.

Thank you for your review. We are take all concerns seriously and are sorry to hear you have not been pleased with your experience at Sunrise. We’d like to learn more, please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so we may follow up. Thank you – Sunrise Team.

Diane113131150 September 30, 2015

My mom will be moving to Sunrise at Bluemont Park. I am impressed that it is the perfect size. It is not too big, but not too small. The staff was very friendly, very nice, and it makes her feel at home. She picked the studio apartment. It looks small, but suits her needs, and it has nice windows. The dining area seems nice. I didn't try the food, but people seem to like it very much.

Anonymous111648450 August 09, 2015

My mom was in Sunrise at Bluemont Park for about 7 weeks. The staff was very nice, and they were probably the ones I liked the best. It was very clean. I did not really have any complaints about it except the visitor parking was really bad. The food was good, and she liked it.

kma March 17, 2015

On first and second visits this was the place for Dad!! The apartments were nice and the staff seemed so friendly and helpful. They arranged for an evaluation of my father, and we were surprised that Sunrise felt he was eligible for independent living, since he had been diagnosed with dementia and had trouble managing in his own home. This is part of their sales pitch. They just want your money. Move in costs were $2000, in addition to the expenses associated with the physical move. Within the first month our costs increased almost 25% in added fees. Not what we had planned for. At one point they asked us to move Dad out until 24 hour assistance could be found. This was in addition to the fees we were already paying. Still they insisted that he did not belong in the dementia building.
After moving Dad into a better living situation, clearing up the last billing has been a nightmare. They have charges for physical therapy, administering meds and other admin fees for days after he moved. The billing person seems incapable of making a decision. Finally sorted out, I write this so that other families do not have too live through the same situation.

Hello, please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com with further details so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

maidson_blues February 11, 2015

My mother was at this Sunrise...many of the care managers are excellent but the administration is horrible..they are unresponsive, rude and incompetent . I would be very careful leaving a loved one at th facility .

There is huge staff turnover at all levels...which the administrators use as an excuse as to why they are not responsible for things that have happened in the past....stay away!

Caring100358050 January 17, 2015

I like Sunrise. I like the fact that it was clean. It looked like the staff was engaged with the residents. I think they need to have a clear display of activities and schedule for the day. They probably have a lot going on, but it wasn't clearly listed.

Caring9710250 April 30, 2014

Mom was at Sunrise at Bluemont. We had a little bit of a weird experience, meaning that it seemed OK, but I just had a suspicion that some of the nurse techs were not very gentle with my mom. I think they might have been a little too rough with her, and they might have grabbed her hands too tightly. She fell a lot there, and she had a lot of bruising on her arms. The food was OK, not the greatest, and seemed a little bit cafeteria-like. It also was expensive, too.

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like more information. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details. Thanks, the Sunrise Team

Caring79048650 February 27, 2014

Sunrise is too big in a sense and several buildings which really isn't very convenient for old people. That part is not so good. They have what they call memory care which is for persons who have something similar to Alzheimer's. They were very nice, they were very friendly but, of course, they would be. They're all sales people.

They have rooms. They have cleaning. They have food services available. They have what they call an exercise facility but that's a bit of a joke because for people who are totally and completely physically capable, they're fine but with people with a lot of physical limitations, the patient doesn't even bother with the gym. Neither of my parents is capable of getting on any of that equipment so that, in itself, is a little bit of a joke.

Stephanie13 August 01, 2013

I chose to visit Sunrise at Bluemont Park because it was in Arlington and I would like to live in Arlington. It was near my doctor. I liked the apartments pretty well. They had been updated and had a nice kitchen. They had a washer and a dryer in every apartment and the bathroom was updated. They didn't have much closet space. They had a nice dining room. They only serve one meal a day and the price was over my budget. The one-bedroom was $4,003 a month. But I liked it because it actually was in a park and they had a lot of walking trails. They had porches all along so people can sit outside. The people were nice. They seemed to know their business.

From Sunrise at Bluemont Park

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Location of Sunrise at Bluemont Park