Payment

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Arlington

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Reviews of Brookdale Arlington

Posted by Caring111754150 August 14, 2015
2.0

The reasons that we did not chose Brookdale Arlington was I felt like the people who were there were particularly unengaged, and the other thing that was concerning was the online reviews of how it is like to work there were extremely negative. But the sales person was so sweet, and they had an activity that was kind of engaging their memory that I felt was really lovely. The rooms were quite nice, and the nice thing about that area is that it is walking distance to places as it’s right in a very nice part of town. In the end, we felt quite pressured. They do national deals, and we didn’t feel we were handled very well. We felt pressured to sign, and we had only had a few hours to review the contract, so we declined.

Posted by Caring103623150 March 11, 2015

I had been to Emeritus before. They had in-home in the facility or some of the staff was available for the PT. It was bringing in PT that was a plus in our consideration. The attitude was good when we went around seeing the different residents because we probably bumped into more residents there. The staff was calling them by names that they preferred. It was creating a neighborhood and an atmosphere of family type thing; that was outstanding. It was very clean, and the rooms were appropriate for the needs of my particular client at that time.

Posted by Karen101191350 January 18, 2015

Emeritus at Arlington was gorgeous. At the end of visitation, my comment was that I would stay there. It was beautiful -- the lobby and the dining room for the residents. It really was a beautiful place, but it was out of our budget for my mother. Their rooms were like little apartments. If you have a single room, it is a good size room with a private bath. If you have a roommate, it is not a shared bedroom. It is two bedrooms. There was always something for people to do.

Posted by Caroline13 January 17, 2015

My mother is moving in the Emeritus at Arlington. The apartment is very small, but I would say the main reason we chose the facility is because of the staff. They were wonderful. We absolutely fell in love with them.

We did the tour at 11 o’clock in the morning, and they offered me and my husband a take-home lunch. We left there with it, and the food was fantastic. That was very smart marketing. Since then, we have been able to eat there a couple of times with my mother, and she is enjoying the food. The dining room is very clean, and the serving staff is wonderful.

They have a lot of activities. They have entertainers coming in, and they have a bus that comes in once a week to take them out.

Posted by Caring97159850 November 01, 2014
4.0

I loved Emeritus at Arlington. I visited this place for my mom. It was very, very nice. It is a high rise, and it does have a very small yard area. It was a beautiful facility, and the people were wonderful. The dining area was very, very clean. Their staff was excellent. The rooms were very spacious and very nice. They have bathrooms and large kitchens.

Posted by Irina1 August 13, 2014
4.0

Emeritus is beautiful. The people are very friendly, but they were a little steep for me in terms of cost. A lady took me through the place. It was extremely nice and beautiful. I didn't like the parking because it was on a "first come, first serve" basis. The people who work there were just amazing.

Posted by Caring86455050 June 17, 2014
4.0

Emeritus seemed pretty nice and homey. The place was clean. The staff seemed nice and accommodating. The rooms were pretty nice, and have their own bathrooms, but not spacious. The residents were watching TV or a movie when I was there. Their activities seemed OK. I was pleased with the visit, and I would recommend them to others.

Posted by Caring9710250 April 30, 2014
3.0

Emeritus at Arlington is more of a corporate type of building. It is bright, but there is some kind of a university feeling in it. The people I saw there were nice. I was able to try the food, and it was a pretty good tasting. They do have some variety. I like the automatic doors when you come in. It makes it easier to get in and get out. My father used to complain about the nurses or the technicians not doing exactly what they said. When they say they are going to come back in a few minutes, it's a lot longer.

Posted by Caring81234450 April 01, 2014
4.0

Emeritus was very nice but it was very, very expensive. It's definitely 5-star, top of the line, but unless you are wealthy -- the cost for a private room would be in the range of $5,000 to $30,000 a month. If your loved one ends up living for a long time, you literally could be paying $10,000 a month, so that was not an option for my mom.

Posted by Susana1 March 16, 2014
4.0

The staff at Emeritus is very attentive and friendly. My aunt does exercises, they go on field trips, and on Sundays they provide church services. She said the food is good and there’s just too much food. She just has to watch her weight. She has a studio room, and it’s a good size for her. She adjusted well there in just two weeks. Right now, I have an issue with the invoice and I haven’t heard from them; they should get back to me when they say they will.

Posted by jay5 November 04, 2013
2.0

food ok but slow service caregivers very bossy and forget we are oldand need assistance that's why we are i assisted living medication servce poor

Posted by Donna36 September 27, 2013

My mom is at Emeritus at Arlington for a couple of months now. It is our choice because they have a room on the first floor, which is very important to us because she does not like elevators. Physically, it is light, spacious and pretty. The place feels friendly and homey. We are happy with the staff. It is near the metro system, which is the public transportation that I like using. It is in an urban setting and she will be able to walk to stores, nail salons, hairdressers and restaurants. They have activities, like movies, games, arts and crafts, but she doesn't participate on any of them. They have a bus that takes them to doctor's appointment and other place, however, my mother is too incapacitated to use that. The menu looks very good, they have food choices, however, my mother is picky and she sometimes complains about that. Their price is very reasonable and I can come by anytime to visit my mom.

Brookdale Arlington
Rochon official white house photo.jpg
Posted by Roger13 September 25, 2013
3.0

It was nice, however, we didn't feel comfortable because it was an old Marriott Hotel and it still felt like the Marriott hotel. It wouldn't work with my mother.

Posted by Caremanager August 14, 2013

I am a healthcare professional who works with just about every nursing home and assisted living community in town. I am happy to refer my clients to Emeritus at Arlington. The staff are attentive and I have found the management easy to work with. No building is perfect, but I have found that some do it better than others. The staff always seem happy and the building has completed some lovely renovations including an Internet cafe where residents can take classes! I also find their prices to be better than in other buildings.

Posted by Mark14 June 26, 2013

I am impressed with Emeritus of Arlington that's why I moved my brother to an apartment there. It is an exceptionally clean place and a very beautiful building. It is well maintained. My brother and I like the food. They have games there, they go on trips and they take them out for shopping. They even invite artists and musicians. The only complaint I have is that there seems to be a language barrier between the staff and the residents because some of the staff do not speak English very well. But my brother is very happy there and I recommend Emeritus to others.

Posted by Void June 25, 2013
1.0

While the front desk personnel and staffers are warm and caring, Emeritus at Arlington is NOT the place to put a loved one. It is simply unsafe. After a Norovirus breakout, the disease was reported too late to the VA Department of Health, which led to reporting on their license. I don't know what happened after that, but I do know that to put the elderly in a lifethreatening situation such as this is not only immoral, it is most likely illegal. I do know one person was in the hospital for many months, and may have died. The Executive Director, Colleen, has little to no respect for the elderly. Please, do not put a loved one into this facility. I must give this place NO stars. I pity the poor family that wrongly chooses Emeritus at Arlington, as we did and are regretting the decision. The only reason I give this one star is that I can't get off of this page without 'rating' the facility.

Posted by SOS April 17, 2013
4.0

Emeritus at Arlington was another great facility where I wanted to get my mom transferred into now. I had to talk to the director because first of all it's on the metro line and you can't beat that. You don't have to worry about traffic and if you're driving you'll probably get there sooner. That was a big plus. And mostly because when I visit my mother-in-law right outdoors, there are tons of restaurants around there. Even though it's on the city strip, so to speak, they're neighborhood like and I'd love to take a walk around there. Their staff is very warm. I came in and let them know flat out what position we're in, what my mom's paying and we'd like to stay as close to that. She told me flat out she'll call the regional manager and see what they could do. She said they could probably take a couple of hundred off about she didn't know if they could take much more. And I told her I'd appreciate that. I think my mom would be happier closer. It's important to be able to see them two or three times a week, if not every day.

Posted by DannyB122 April 07, 2013

I visited the facility and had the greatest experience of my life. Colleen, the Executive Director is a well rounded, knowledgeable and love her residents. The director of resident care is amazing. I could not stop looking at him explaining things to the residents and other families. My decision was finalized after he took me through the tour. These staff really take care of the residents. I know I made the right decision of placing my mum there

Posted by chris j December 10, 2012
1.0

the building is in a really nice location but it's not taken care of. water stains all over the ceilings and walls are dirty. The staff seem like they are there just for a check. The dress code is very lax their. Paints hang low an there under ware must be the uniform.It could be a nice place if they hired the rite people to over see the staff and property. would put my parents there.

Posted by Barbara8 August 14, 2012
4.0

Emeritus seemed very clean and in a pretty good shape. My aunt is currently residing there. The rooms are nice. She shares it with a roommate. It has 2 rooms actually, and they share a common area. I find the staff really attentive. The price is very reasonable compared to a lot of other pricing that we received from other facilities.

They have a pretty good schedule of different kinds of activities. They take them outside to go shopping. They have different types of discussions and organized games. One drawback is the food. My aunt complains about the food. I tried eating there and I was not impressed as well. I think the food is not great.

Posted by Roger1 September 22, 2011
3.0

This is a pretty nice home and I noticed that the workers really were taking their time with the patients. When I was there, they were having breakfast and I noticed that several of the nurses were hand feeding the patients who could not do it for theirselves. They were talking to the patients and having a good time with them, it seemed like they really had a bond with the patients and they enjoyed it.

Location of Brookdale Arlington

Features of Brookdale Arlington

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Agreement to be Contacted by Telephone.