Elmcroft of Arlington

4101 W. Arkansas Lane, Arlington, TX, 76016

Reviews of Elmcroft of Arlington

Caring85287050 May 29, 2014

Elmcroft was our second choice. It was bright and cheery with light yellow and white walls. The eating area looked very pleasant. The room we were looking at was a corner room and was slightly larger than the others. They're a smaller facility. One of our main concerns at the time was they do not have as much extended care. They didn't have a wing where you're not well enough to go home and you need extra oversight. They can handle therapy.

Everything was clean and it was neat and looked very nice. We met two or three of the staff. They were pleasant and answered questions. The staff was helpful to the extent they could be at the time. They have someone on staff who's very knowledgeable about all the financing options. They interacted well with residents. They had permission from a couple of residents to let us see their rooms. There was one room we passed that we smelled a strong fecal odor in. We know that can't be helped, and maybe they just hadn't had a chance to remove it, but that was on our way to the dining room and it was just one room.

Kay25 May 27, 2014

Elmcroft is very clean and has a very good presentation. Everything was really nice, but it was kind of big and confusing. Everybody was just nice. The menu was awesome, and I liked the rooms.

Myrna3 March 26, 2014

We chose Elmcroft because we were happy with it when we went there. It was reasonable and within 5 minutes of my house. Mom lived there for more than a year. She had her own room and it was a small room off of a hall of rooms. I thought the food was horrible. She doesn’t like chicken that much, and a lot of their food has chicken. She likes bingo, but refused to participate in other activities. She would go if there were people who come in and sing, and would go to popcorn or ice cream parties. They changed a lot of the top management when my mom went to the hospital from there. The staff was nice though.

Iona1 December 23, 2013

Elmcroft was very attractive inside and out. One of the things we liked there was that they housed the memory care people with the assisted living people and I like that because I thought that would be a stimulation among the residents. We were very impressed. The facility itself was extremely nice. I really have decided on that until they decided they didn't want us. When they interviewed my husband based on whatever, they decided that they couldn't accept him because they thought he was combative or something. He definitely is not; he has Alzheimer's but he is docile. I can give them a 5 as far as the facility goes, but I don't know anyway to rate them otherwise because that was a devastating thing for us. We thought we found the right place and we hadn't really.

Gulfvet July 26, 2013

I am pleased to say that my mom and family are very happy with Elmcroft. The ED Mr. Lee has given me and family his personal phone if we ever had a problem and to call him. Of course I have called but it was for support in my moms declining health. His staff has been wonderful and my mom has a remarkable relationship with the staff. I am very impressed with Elmcroft even though I have been in denial about my moms health. Elmcroft even recommended for me to talk to support groups and family. Thank you Elmcroft for putting up with me and helping my mom, I am very grateful!

darcyharris June 17, 2013

Although my father has been rendered dependent on round the clock care due to Alzheimer's and diabetes, my mother is still able to care for her own needs. Even with the vast difference in their needs, they are still a very loving couple. It was imperative that they be able to remain in the same living quarters together. A secure facility was also a great concern to my mother. She feared that if she left my father for any length of time, he might wander off. I discovered quickly that there are not many facilities that offer both security and "couples care".

We discovered Elmcroft through A Place For Mom and it has been a godsend. My parents have a lovely apartment. Help is always near, and the facility is very secure.

My parents and my aunt all live at Elmcroft of Arlington. It's a great place for those needing memory care, as well as those who are much more independent.

I withheld a rating of 5 stars because it does not have a separate chapel, nor an on-site physical therapy gym or pool, but if these are not a concern for your loved ones, please don't hesitate to visit the beautiful facility of Elmcroft. They have strong relationships with many professional care providers including pharmacists, doctors, physical therapists and occupational therapists as well as a very professional, tenured staff.

chiefjosh May 23, 2013

Please include Elmcroft of Arlington in your search for an assisted living facility. Not only is the location ideal, but it is important to the staff that your family member receives the best care and attention possible. They have addressed our needs and concerns in a timely manner. The director is fully committed to a successful experience and environment. The residents benefit from his leadership. Again, check out Elmcroft of Arlington.

DFalcone May 20, 2013

My mom has been a resident since November of 2008 and loves it there. She is in the 2nd stage of Alzheimer's, so she's exactly where she needs to be. She gets frustrated when she can't remember the names of her caregivers, but they know her name and treat her with plenty of TLC! I know the staff at Elmcroft will always be there to assist her when I can't be. They have recently made renovations by installing new carpet, new paint, etc. and the place looks amazing. When I walk in the door the first thing I notice is the fresh, clean smell. It's very refreshing and just smells of cleanliness. The appearance of the entire facility is clean and very well kept. Besides the very tasteful decor, I also appreciate the fact they decorate for all the holidays from Valentine's Day to the 4th of July, Halloween to Christmas. Even though my mom doesn't participate in all the wide variety of activities, she does attend exercise classes each morning. She loves the entertainment they provide, especially the singers. She loves music, period! My husband and I have enjoyed meals with her for special occasions as well as Family Night, and the food is very good. I would recommend Elmcroft of Arlington to any of my friends without hesitation. Keep up the excellent job!

Anne D May 11, 2013

Could not say a bad thing about Elmcroft!!!! This place is wonderful to be. The whole staff in awesome.

Michael B. May 11, 2013

My mother moved into Elmcroft of Arlington on January 2008. She was 94 years old. My neighbor recommend the facility because her parents were there. I went in for a visit to interview the staff. I related my mother's needs. I gave them the typical day in the life of my mom.
From the first day to now, my mother's needs and wants have changed dramatically. The staff at Elmcroft has given her the skilled and professional increased levels of care she has needed as the years have gone by. The staff has always help with her personal needs, such as dressing, showers and grooming, in a caring manner. The kitchen staff provide nutritious and delicious meals three times a day.
No matter what time of day our family visits our mother, the staff is friendly and concerned for my mom's health and well being. We know that we made the right choice of the assisted living home for our mother.

Judy Glenn November 30, 2012

My parents have been a resident of Elmcroft for around four years. The facility is a great place to live. The building is very well furnished with very homey atmosphere and has a well planed activities for the residents during the day and on Sundays they also have church services for those who wish. Excellent food is provided (some of the meals they have choices) is very well presented in the dinning room atmosphere. All the personnel is very caring and attentive with the residents and visitors. My parents love at Elmcroft.

LeaSullins November 30, 2012

When I knew that it was time to move my mother into an assisted living facility, I began the task of researching dozens of companies. A close friend of mine encouraged me to take a tour of Elmcroft of Arlington and helped me set up a meeting with the Director, R. Lee.

I was first impressed with the location and appearance. As I entered, I was struck by the cleanliness and strangly, the clean smell. That may sound strange, but it was very important. I was given a detailed tour and by the end of it, I was sold. Because of my mother's advanced stage of dementia, Mr. Lee, offered to come to my home to evaluate my mother. What a relief that was! He was able to see exactly how my mother interacted in her own environment which gave him a better idea of the level of care that she would need.

Within 2 weeks, my mother moved in. Because each and every "apartment" is individually decorated by the family, I was able to bring all of the things that she held so dear, including her own furniture, pictures, keepsakes, etc. I believe that it really made the transition easier on all of us.

Since living at Elmcroft, my mother has had wonderful care. Because each resident's care is personalized, no two residents are cared for the same. She is safe, she is clean, she is happy. She is also well fed. The dining facilities are fantastic. I have even joined her for lunch several times as well as participated in "Family Nights." I can personally say that the food is delicious. She has formed relationships with her caregivers, her nurses, and her housekeepers. She has even made friends with several of the residents. She participates in bingo, Bible study, exercise class, and arts and crafts. She is no longer stationary and walks everywhere she needs to go. It is amazing. She also gets her hair done every Friday. Previously, she would sit and stare with little to no expression on her face. Now she smiles and greets people as they walk into the room.

Having to move my mother out of her home and place her with strangers is probably the hardest decision that I have ever made. It is a responsiblity that I did not take lightly. Moving her to Elmcroft was the best decision that I could have made for her and for me. The people at Elmcroft treat her like she is their famliy and for that I will be forever grateful.

goodekr04 March 14, 2012

My experiences with Elmcroft of Arlington have always been ones of great pleasure. As a student in college, I'm also a part time pharmacy tech in Arlington, Texas. Part of my job is delivering medications to a few different assisted living care centers and Elmcroft of Arlington is one of them; being my favorite.The first time I drove up to the property, I noticed how beautiful the property was and how inviting and welcoming it seemed walking in. The faculty immediately greeted me at the door and it being late in the afternoon, dinner time was approaching for the residents. The food smelled magnificent. It made me want to stay for dinner myself, it smelled so good and as I quietly observed the residents sitting down at tables getting ready to eat, they looked so happy and at home. As I walked to the medication room, I couldn't help but notice the gorgeous decor and architecture that had been done to the facility. Inside it didn't feel like an assisted living center, it felt like a quaint little getaway with the feeling of being home away from home.To this day, it is the highlight of my Friday afternoons to be able to deliver medications and interact with some of the residents and staff. I'm highly impressed with Elmcroft of Arlington and if I were to be asked about which assisted living center to place their family members, I would recommend Elmcroft of Arlington without hesitation.

commercesd January 21, 2012

We went to visit the Elmcroft of Arlington assisted living facility, as we were in the region looking for places to consider for our aunt. The outside grounds looked nicely designed and maintained very well. We could see some seniors enjoying the many seating areas among the shrubbery and trees.

The communal rooms were designed with many ways for the seniors to enjoy themselves, from reading to socializing, enjoying snacks, using the computer or doing an arts and crafts project. They have regular card and other game tournaments, as well. They design special activities for the residents to motivate and encourage participation.

The private living spaces are all personalized with individualized decors, which we really liked. It was clear that the residents all really enjoyed their rooms from what we could see.

The casual dining rooms had a variety of nice furniture "“ all designed for easy access by the seniors. The formal dining room looked like a nice place to have a party or special event "“ such as a holiday. Residents are encouraged to invite their friends and family for these events. The menu had a nice variety of nutritious foods. We were there over lunch and had a chance to sample some of the food, which was really delicious. The snacks are offered regularly and the seniors have access to them whenever they desire.

The physical activities range from the fitness room, where they can take yoga and aerotbics classes, or use the weight training equipment. Many of the residents enjoy taking exercise on the beautifully landscaped grounds where they can go for walks safely.

The closeby metro area includes many local cultural events for the seniors to enjoy, such art, music venues, shopping malls and both fine and casual dining establishments.

The seniors here really enjoy living here "“ that was plain to see. The staff is kind, caring and very attentive to all of their needs, whatever they happened to be.

From Elmcroft of Arlington

Residents of Elmcroft of Arlington are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Features of Elmcroft of Arlington

• Low fat
  • Low salt

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Spanish

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 6
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits