The Arcadian Retirement Center

Overview of Ratings

3.7

October 05, 2011

By Sampea

The facility has recently changed ownership; January 2011. This change in ownership seems to have touched every aspect of the center from the physical space to the staff. Arcadia Retirement Center is freshly painted and the flooring has recently been updated. There is a new chef that, according to one resident, has greatly improved the food quality. The assistant staff administrator started in April 2011. The staff-I observed a staff member hug a resident that was wearing a button that said "it is my birthday". She hugged the woman and looked directly into her eyes and said "Happy Birthday". The resident smiled and nodded. It was an exchange of genuine affection and warmth. It was a brief but touching encounter. A dinning room server smiled broadly as I entered the dining hall. She promptly introduced herself and asked to assist me. Overall, I found the staff to be uniquely upbeat. Location- is key selling point. This facility is located directly across the street from a medical plaza. It is actually closer to walk from the facility to my aunt's doctor and pharmacy than it would be from the parking lot! A shopping plaza with three coffee shops, several restaurants and a spa are less than two blocks of the retirement center. These are important as my aunt can no longer drive but enjoys getting out for walks and shopping. Grounds- Many of the rooms have access to shared balconies or patios that overlook lush green courtyards. An interior courtyard sports a communal vegetable garden that is maintained by the residents. The facility & rooms- the décor is warm and welcoming. I felt as if I was entering a bed and breakfast or a boutique hotel rather than a retirement center. There are overstuffed couches in the front TV room and a chandelier cast warm light over the front hallway. The residents' rooms are quite large for the price range and location. I am looking for rooms on the larger side and they quoted me from $2,500 to $3,000 per month including meals and light care. Their prices vary depending on the size of the room, the number of occupants, the location of the room in the building, and the service needs of the resident or residents. We are potentially looking for a place that my aunt and uncle can cook in their own rooms. There aren't rooms equipped with kitchens or kitchenettes. However, the dinning room does have a private dinning room that residents can reserve for themselves and visitors. Activities/transportation- residents may participate in chair yoga, running the gift shop, gardening, off site excursions like the LA county fair, talent shows, and many others. Transportation to personal doctor's appointments or personal shopping is arranged at the front desk and is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Features of The Arcadian Retirement Center

• State Licenses: 197800158

About The Arcadian Retirement Center

The Arcadian Retirement Center is an assisted living facility in Arcadia, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Arcadian Retirement Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Arcadian Retirement Center