Carolina Assisted Living Appleton, WI

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Carolina Assisted Living | Appleton, WI

September 29, 2011

By ctopaz1

Four years ago my family and I made the decision to look for an assisted living facility for my Mother. As she was in the beginning stages of alzheimers disease, she was getting more and more forgetful and needed help remembering her medications and also with her personal care. My sister and I visited Carolina Manor and found it to be very home-like. My Mother did not really want to leave her home, but realized she needed help so she agreed to try the home. My sister worked at decorating her room with her favorite things and even painted a stencil border on the upper part of the wall. We visited her daily, often at mealtime so we could evaluate how well she was eating. This situation worked well for several months, but one day we got a call from the home telling us Mom had fallen and was very confused. She was transported to the hospital and ended up staying there about four days. It seems she wasn't drinking enough water and her caretakers were not monitoring her intake closely enough. She was on high calcium intake per doctor's orders, and without enough water to dilute the calcium, it began to cause extreme confusion. Mom was not able to return to Carolina Manor and was moved to a nursing home where she could be more closely monitored. While assisted living is a great option for many elderly people, it's important to determine the level of supervision needed by the prospective resident.

Features of Carolina Assisted Living

About Carolina Assisted Living

Carolina Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Appleton, WI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Carolina Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Carolina Assisted Living