Brookdale Appleton

5800 Pennsylvania Ave, Appleton, WI, 54914

Reviews of Brookdale Appleton

Caring94063250 September 08, 2014

My father-in-law is in Emeritus. My father-in-law likes it. The staff and accommodation are great. It is a studio apartment, but it is perfect for him and it is what we are looking for. He seems to like the food, but I haven't eaten there. We like that they have activities and I know he plays cards and bingo. He has been on a few excursions. I think they do some community activities where there is music and stuff. The price is comparatively OK.

Superior Street Mom August 27, 2014

I liked Emeritus. One of the reasons we did not consider this as a location is because they do not accept state aid when you're out of money. That was a determining factor for us because of the high cost of the memory care. Another factor -- this was a negative for me -- is inadequate parking. There doesn't seem to be enough parking here. I don't like parking on the side of a road especially when there's a ditch involved instead of a curb and gutter. It's very unacceptable in my mind. They do have a parking lot, but it's small.

The good things are the homey environment, the common areas, and the adequate size of the individual rooms. We did not stay for the meal, but we reviewed the menu. I thought the menu looked very good.

Margaret34 February 24, 2014

My aunt is at Emeritus at Fox River and she really likes this facility. The place is very nice and clean. The people seemed really friendly. She has a one bedroom apartment and it is very spacious. The rooms are of nice size. The bathroom is of a good size and it's very clean. Their dining room is very nice and the food is very good. They both have indoor and outdoor activities. What I like the best about this facility is the support that the staff are giving to my aunt.

Caring77168650 January 31, 2014

Emeritus at Fox River was very new and modern. The staff we talked to seemed very knowledgeable and nice. We had an appointment there so they knew we were coming. But I think that's how they really act. A meal plan and activities are in the deal as well. They actually have at least 1 full time activity director. Something is always going on for the people if they want to participate. You kind of get what you pay for.

Pattee1 December 13, 2013

I had a very positive tour at Emeritus at Fox River. The manager was great. I think they got everything there and it seemed very quiet. I like the dining room because it doesn’t like an institution dining room. There are a lot of carpeting throughout which I like because my mother walk with crutches. I was very satisfied with them. It's a very nice place.

Caring72427150 October 11, 2013

Emeritus at Fox River was a nice place and looked very clean. There was a fellow who helped us and spent almost the whole afternoon explaining how things work in that facility. He was very open and nice to provide information for us. The rooms were fine and they have a library.

Caring71871050 October 09, 2013

The gentleman we spoke with was very nice and very helpful and he showed us around Emeritus. He was very honest with me and he said my parents were probably too young for the facility. However, because my mom has Alzheimer's I wanted to know what was available so he gave me some information. If found the rooms too small for my parents. They had game night there and they also do lots of activities.

sammykinsx07 July 06, 2012

All residents seemed to be well taken care of and happy. The facility itself was clean and up kept on the outside and inside. Everyone there was gracious and inviting, it was easy to see why all the residents were happy. The food both looked and smelt absolutely delicious, the menus had a variety of options that would fulfill even the pickiest person's appetite. The bedrooms all seemed spacious and clean, with functioning and comfortable furniture. The bathrooms were spacious and safe, and also very clean. There were exercise rooms and community rooms, so it seemed like no one would ever get bored.

commercesd February 11, 2012

We visited the Fox River living facility while searching for a place for suitable place for aunt to live. The staff graciously allowed us to take a tour, even though we did not have an appointment.

The outside grounds were well-maintained. The buildings resemble individual homes and it was not apparent that it was a typical senior citizen community, which we really liked. The grounds offered easy access for residents to enjoy walking around freely. There was also space to have parties, picnics and barbeques.

The foyer of the main house was fresh and bright with very nice floral arrangements, decorations and furniture. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Rooms were beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout were soothing and comfortable.

Communal activity rooms were a bit dated, though clean and spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities. Residents can also tend the garden. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation.

The private bedrooms rooms featured enough space to fit two beds, were nicely decorated and clean. All had adequate natural light and fresh air with comfortable, easy access furniture. The bathrooms were all very spacious, well-defined with safety in mind. The kitchens were large and well-equipped.The living areas had enough space for several recliners, a sofa, and an assortment of other lovely furniture.

The food looked and smelled delicious. The menus had many healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The dining room was very nice, with plenty of space between casual cafe style tables.

The exercise room had well-maintained equipment. They also host regular aerobics and yoga classes. The residents go on regular trips to visit the many Appleton cultural events and also enjoy at both casual and fine restaurants in the area.

The residents looked well cared for by kind and considerate staff and appeared very content in their living environment.

From Brookdale Appleton

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Appleton