Brookdale Apple Valley

11825 Apple Valley Road, Apple Valley, CA, 92308

Reviews of Brookdale Apple Valley

Caring107342050 May 24, 2015

Brookdale Apple Valley is a beautiful facility, and the people were very nice. There was nobody just hanging out in the common area at all. They showed me what they called a Companion Room where one person lives in the living room and the other person lives in the bedroom. That to me felt like they were finding ways to rip people off. It just didn't feel right. I think it is because in that particular area they didn't have people who can afford it. I just think that means a lot when you see people talking to one another where it seems they have life left in them. I didn't see any of the residents here. It felt different, and I was there a couple of times. It was well maintained and clean. I looked at the calendar, and it was full, but I didn't see anything happening even though it is a Saturday afternoon. It was just very quiet like there was nobody on the ground. I felt like it was going under because there were no people there.

We are sorry to hear that you feel Brookdale Apple Valley was not active enough. The goal of our staff is to ensure that residents receive the assistance they each need while allowing them to live as independently as possible. Brookdale Apple Valley has a Resident Programs Director to engage the residents and ensure they are living an optimum life. If you would like to contact us to discuss Brookdale Apple Valley or another Brookdale community, we hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Rosemary17 May 17, 2015

My dad has been in Brookdale Apple Valley since late March. I think it is wonderful. It is clean. All the staff is very helpful and friendly. They go out of their way to help their residents. It is a great place. He has a studio, and it is very nice. They have someone come in once a week to clean, vacuum, and do everything for him. There is a big bathroom that is very safe. They have a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and a little burner stove if they want to do some of their own cooking. They do have a dining area that is open from 7 to 7, and that is just wonderful. If there is something that he doesn't want, he can ask for whatever he wants, and they will make it for him.

They do a lot of activities. I know they have a bus that takes them out shopping twice a week. They will take him to all his doctors' appointments. They have bingo and things like that, but he has not participate yet. They have the electronic Wii game. They have a barbershop and a beauty shop. The food is wonderful. It is not pre-made. They order it when they come into the dining room.

Cathy106725950 May 13, 2015

We decided on the Brookdale facility at Apple Valley. We actually looked at a few of their facilities, and we were impressed with all of them. It was just that the one in Apple Valley is close to where my mother-in-law lives, so that is the only reason we chose that one. We loved how it has a very upbeat and cheery environment. The rooms were very nicely done. The staff was amazing. They really have top notch people working there, and we felt comfortable that she would have been in good care.

Christy7 November 11, 2014

The one that I like best is Emeritus. It starts off at $2000, and they can go as high as $7500. The maintenance looked fine. Everything looked like it was kept up, and it was clean. It had a good odor to it. I was there when they had a socialization going on which was fun to see. There is a lot of interaction. The staff members knew their residents by name and always had a conversation with them.

I looked at 4 different rooms on 2 different floors. I saw was a 1-bedroom on the bottom floor. It was near an elevator and you had a patio where you could walk out into the garden. The bathroom is excellent in the way that if you’re in a wheelchair, you can just roll in the wheelchair into the shower. You don’t have to take a step to get into it. The toilets are not regular toilets in height. I believe they were at a height of 17 inches rather than the regular 15 or 14 inches. Each apartment had its own thermostat.

Caring0605162 June 23, 2013

I had a quick walk through in Merrill Gardens at Apple Valley and I didn't stay long enough to give a feedback, but it was similar with the other facilities I've visited. However, the staff seemed to be okay.

From Brookdale Apple Valley

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Apple Valley

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 4 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: License #366426235
  • State License(s): 366426235

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Apple Valley