Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

203 S. Wekiwa Springs Road, Apopka, FL, 32703

Reviews of Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

March 31, 2015

By Paul104464050

Brookdale Wekiwa Springs is nice but a little pricey for my brother's situation. It is very nice. You come into the lobby, and there is a dining room off to the right, a nice looking library, and a television area. The staff that I talked to all seem to be good. It is really the only place I looked at, but I thought the rooms were nice, clean, and well cared for. The staff that I talked to seemed competent and caring. It has a memory center with it so that if a person needed that sort of care like Dementia or Alzheimer's, they can transition and be in the same place.

January 26, 2015

By Charles101870550

Brookdale Wekiwa Springs was an old facility. The dining area was small. The food was just OK. The staff was very friendly. The assisted living facilities were very small, and if you get to the point where you need a lot of help, you do not get much room. It is way smaller than other places. They do have independent living which is a separate unit that I would love to be in because it was 12,000 square feet. It has a garage with a garage door and screened in porch. They had a wonderful director who showed us around.

January 18, 2015

The people were very nice and very helpful at the Emeritus at Wekiwa Springs. The place was not nearly as nice as where they are now which is now Brookdale. I have tried the food, and I have to say that the food at Brookdale is probably a lot better.

September 24, 2014

I thought Emeritus looked really nice on the outside and I think the people who were not memory care patients probably did well, but I found the memory care unit to be really dark and kind of low feeling, and closed in; it was just not open and spacious. The rooms were small and it was dark and dingy in there; it just didn’t feel like I wouldn’t have been able to be happy there. They had a small space outside, and their dining room is very tiny.

July 31, 2014

Emeritus is very attractive, gorgeous, and nice, but it was way too expensive and they didn’t bend over for us in terms of service. It would have been a nice location for me and my brother. The facilities are beautiful. They have a semi-standard room and residents are allowed to bring in pets. The parking is okay.

May 11, 2014

I was very impressed with Emeritus at Wekiwa Springs. Their environment is very great. They have a well-landscaped environment. I enjoyed our visit there, and the staff were great.

February 09, 2014

By caretakernow

Very nice looking facility, but looks aren't everything. Some of the staff are outstanding and really care about the residents. Others not so much. They are understaffed on nights and weekends and therefore slow to answer resident call buttons. The food is just ok. Nighttime snack of 1/2 peanut butter and jelly on white bread??? Communication among the care staff, nurses and director of nursing are poor. Expect to address the same issues several times before they are corrected. This is a nice place for people who can do most things for themselves. If your loved one needs a lot of help, you'll need to make sure it happens. Pricing is competitive.

January 30, 2014

By Mariano

Emeritus at Wekiwa Springs was a very nice place. It's very clean and well-organized. I liked the arrangements as far as safety conditions and in as much as my mother will be going into the memory ward. It's on a different floor and it's more locked down. The prescriptions they give are all locked up and put away. The nurses are the only ones that have access to them. They have their own little area where they can't just get out and wander away. It's really good. For someone who has dementia or a memory loss situation, that's the way to go. The rooms are pretty decent. Of course, you have to share one with somebody else because of the money cost. As far as the outside of the building everything looked good. It looked decent and safe. The staff was all helpful and they were very nice. It's really a good old place. Basically now, I am just trying to get the finances to get her in there.

January 30, 2014

I moved mom at Emeritus at Wekiwa Springs last September. The facility is alright and I like the fact that they have activities for my mom. They have exercises, they go out for a walk, and they also play bingo. They have people there that are dedicated for what they were doing and there are others just for paycheck. She's in a shared room and I think it could be a little bit better. I chose this facility because of its proximity.

October 11, 2013

This is the facility that I really like the best. My mother has Alzheimer's and I did like the fact that they did keep them out of the general public. I also like that they are in the area of the building that is just for Alzheimer's patient. They have rooms where you could have two people in and they also have single rooms.

July 11, 2013

By Aileen17

Emeritus was a very beautiful place. The one I don't like over there is my mom would have to share a room because a single room was very expensive. It was very nice though and the people were very accommodating. The dining room was in a beautiful setting and was like being in a hotel restaurant. I saw the room where they did their activities.

February 04, 2012

By aholland

Everyone is very friendly and makes it a point to know everyones name. Its a very happy atmosphere.

October 18, 2011

By Donna Cohen

Carrie, Adam, Valerie all made our first day an easy transition. Dad had just been discharged from rehab, he was disoriented, upset, and not a happy camper. Today, just three days later, he was smiling, and going to the dining room on his own. I was so relieved. We also had a pleasant chat with Tony, and Ray helped me slide a bed down the hall. All in all a great experience. Bravo, to all of them.

Photos of Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

About Brookdale Wekiwa Springs

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9829