Cypress Meadows Assisted Living

3950 Lone Tree Way, Antioch, CA, 94509

Reviews of Cypress Meadows Assisted Living

Caring102900350 December 12, 2014

My uncle lived in Cypress Meadows. The room and the food are excellent. The staff is nice and helpful; they helped him shower. They combed his hair, do their laundry, and they feed him three meals a day. It takes a lot of burden off the family. They have nice rooms; it’s one big bedroom, kitchenette and living room combined, and a nice big bathroom with a walk in shower. They have bingo and trips.

Caring95660950 October 16, 2014

Cypress Meadows was very accommodating; I could have even left her overnight, one day, three days, which was really good. Antioch was a problem because we usually don’t go that direction. However the room they showed me -- which was absolutely gorgeous -- was not the actual room that they put you in and I never saw the one that she would actually be staying with. I’m planning on maybe leaving her there on a day just to check it out and see how it is. I did eat there; my mom couldn’t eat the food because she can’t have anything that mixed up -- it has to be all separate food -- but the food that we had that day I thought was very tasty. It was kind of a beef over rice and noodles. The place was clean, but it was old; the carpets were old, and the furniture was old. Security seemed very good, but they have to update carpets to look at it a bit modern. It was dark and dingy.

That place was the first one I went to, and I thought it was pretty nice and probably would have rated it a 4 until I saw another one.

train September 25, 2014

My father lives at Cypress Meadows and I moved him from another assisted living place nearby. Now that he is at Cypress his bed sores are healing and he is going down to listen to live music everyday (that is provided by really talented folks who live in the Bay area). Not only is Cypress clean and friendly, whenever he pushes his pendant button for help, the caregivers show up with a smile of their face and take really good care of him. I do not worry as much about my dad because I know that he is being well treated and he is no longer complaining of not getting the help right a way when he needs it! Kudos to all of the staff at Cypress Meadows!

Caring3011 June 12, 2013

My father seems to be thriving pretty well without a family member being with him. There are three to four people per aide. He has his own room. We have to pay more money but it's worth it. He seems to be happy and he has more attention at Cypress Meadows.

Gifted1 November 22, 2012

My mother was a patient there a few yrs ago, she had Alzheimers. I went to visit her several times (since I live cross country) and was displeased with the care they provided. She escaped from their property several times because alarms were inabled and was found sitting along side the busy main road out front. If there was a change in her condition ( like when she lost her sight) no family was notified. She died from a skin infection that could have been treated if they would have notified family, the infection was in a private area that would have only been seen with proper bathing. Yes the workers there were friendly but the facility and it's care provided is poor. Things may have changed over the last yr but I do suggest as with any care place, to use caution at all times.

Q1 July 06, 2011

This facility is in the suburbs, close to grocery stores and doctor's offices. The street that it's on is a main street, however this facility sits back from a street, so you have to go down a driveway to get to it.

The grounds are not well kept "“ the landscaping could use some weeding, and there was a broken fence that needed to be replaced.

The common areas are clean and the aesthetics are fair. It appeared to be an older facility, but they did have common areas including a TV area and another area for quiet time or reading.

The residents' rooms range from 450 square feet (studio) to 900 square feet (two-bedroom). The rooms are clean, though somewhat more bland than at other facilities. They have a small kitchenette with a small refrigerator.

The staff was very friendly and inviting. The staff was hosting an ice cream social, and the staff was engaging with the residents and laughing and joking. They seemed to be having a really good time.

I didn't see any food being prepared, but I did hear a resident mention that she enjoyed the food, including the particular meal on the menu.

They have a monthly activity schedule of exercise, dance, outings, and other activities planned throughout the day. They take trips out to the gardens. Most of the activities tend to be inside like Scrabble and Bingo. Every day they have morning exercise and stressing, and they have a Wii Bowling team. They also have Bible study.

One thing that I thought was a little awkward is that transport to medical appointments is $10 a trip.

Based on the landscaping when you enter, which is really unsightly, I'd give this facility 3 stars.

From Cypress Meadows Assisted Living

Welcome to Cypress Meadows Assisted Living

Cypress Meadows Assisted Living is the ideal solution for seniors who do not want the hassle of living in their house and having to pay for property upkeep and taxes. Enjoy luxurious and accommodating senior care at Cypress Meadows Assisted Living, a locally owned and operated assisted living facility in Antioch, California. Our facility is the longest standing senior community in all of Contra Costa County and is widely respected in the region.

With more than 30 years of experience in the industry, we pride ourselves on maintaining a long-term and professionally trained staff. We are also the only facility directly across the street from Sutter Delta Medical Center, the regional medical center.

Cypress Meadows Assisted Living is the number-one rated facility in the Contra Costa County area. We are also the only award-winning facility in the area. Our benefits include:

• Professional Trained Staff On-Duty 24 Hours a Day
  • State-of-the-Art Emergency Medical Response System
  • Assistance with Medications
  • Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care in a Home-Like Atmosphere
  • Ongoing Assessment & Care Management
  • Complete Wellness Program
  • Individual Care to Meet Resident’s Needs
  • Fully Secured & Gated Community
  • Live Musical Entertainment from Professional Bay Area Musicians 7 days a week from 3:00 p.m. till 4:00 p.m. Come and enjoy our music infused "Happiest Hour"

Prime Location

Cypress Meadows Assisted Living is located in a very secluded 10-acre meadow directly across the street from the Sutter Delta Hospital. Our location is also moments away from all shopping and doctors' offices.

Comfortable & Homely Setting

At Cypress Meadows Assisted Living, we provide spacious apartments, housekeeping, laundry services, professionally prepared meals, and live entertainment almost daily. We also offer standalone apartments with a professionally trained staff to assist our residents. Most importantly, our staff follows instructions prescribed by your own physician or health care provider.

Exciting Activities

Our live entertainment includes singers, musicians, and dancers as well as short plays and recitals. We also provide a full array of fun and complimentary onsite activities.

Interested parties are invited to call us to schedule a tour with a complimentary meal. This will allow you to visit the community for a day and enjoy entertainment, as well as meet and talk to residents and staff. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Features of Cypress Meadows Assisted Living

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: 80 hours/week, On-call 24/7

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,500/month

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 75600383