Atria Manresa

85 Manresa Road, Annapolis, MD, 21401

Reviews of Atria Manresa

Average Rating:
Aileen27 August 22, 2013

Atria has a beautiful view but it's too small. It wasn't built for seniors, it was a vacation place for the Jesuits before. I could see that they haven't done a lot to it.

Thank you for your review. Our community is a restored mansion and we have tried to keep the historical value of the location in tact whenever we make any renovations. Our size seems to appeal to those who wish to stay close to their neighbors while still enjoying a wealth of amenities such as 200+ monthly events and activities, delicious meals with table service, an on-site physical therapy provider, scheduled local transportation, a cafe with complimentary refreshments, and computers for resident use. I hope that you will visit us again soon, and please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line if you have any questions in the meantime.

I care about Senior Citizens April 04, 2013

Please run do not walk away from this place if you care about your loved ones. It breaks my heart to write this review because you think you are doing the best for them and want them to be as happy as they can at this stage of their lives but this place is all fluff and no substance. I guess it is not the fault of the facility but of their corporate offices. The main complaint is the caregiver to resident ratio.I counted about 70 rooms mostly filled and 2 yes TWO caregivers!!!! Once I was told it was only 1 on duty and my mother would have to wait her turn for her shower. Yes I understand every where at these facilities there is a high rate of turnover for caregivers but perhaps if they hired enough of them in the first place a lot of the caregivers wouldn't be reading the want ads right in front of the residents!! So sad that we fell for their lies. Yes the view is a miliion dollar one but the care is dime store.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Atria prides itself on delivering excellence to our residents and employees and constantly strives to make improvements. We appreciate your feedback and welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com (be sure to include the community name in the subject line.)

happy_granddaughter_MD October 29, 2012

I absolutely loved the facilities at Atria Manresa. It was clean and comfortable. The staff were super nice and helpful. There was a beautiful view of the bay on the back porch, and lots of daily activities for the residents. My grandmother's room was somewhat small, but since she cannot move on her own, a large living space is not necessarily appropriate. Her fellow residents were kind to me and seemed very happy. The staff was very attentive to each of the residents. I especially loved the recreation room, where there was a self-serve tea and juice bar, a piano, and a bingo set up. I never got to observe any of the daily activities, but it seems like a comfortable place to do those daily activities. I was overwhelmed by the food area. It was based on the style of a fancy restaurant, where each of the residents could sit and order what they wanted to eat, and the staff would serve them. I give this place a high rating!

Chris Carter September 29, 2011

My uncle went to Atria Manresa about 6 months ago after he was unable to properly live by himself. I am in awe of how amazing his experience has been there! He used to be more of a homebody when he didn't have professional assistance, but now that he has a team of nurses dedicated to his health, he has become much more active. I was impressed with the wide array activities offered to the seniors at Atria Manresa. In fact, this was the only retirement home we looked at that had a full-time director of events and activities. The facility itself was very clean and organized and had a great layout for those seniors with disabilities. The food was wonderful and available at most hours. One of my favorite things about Atria Manresa is the convenient transportation service which allows the residents to go into town and experience life outside of the senior living facility. Additionally, I found that this facility was much more reasonably priced than some of the other ones in the area. Overall, I highly recommend Atria Manresa for your assisted living facility.

From Atria Manresa

Atria Manresa is a friendly, welcoming community where you'll take advantage of a diverse social calendar that builds new interests and maintains old ones. Visit with family and friends in one of the many luxurious rooms of this restored mansion. Or, take a stroll along the banks of the Severn River. Atria Manresa is conveniently located close to Highway 50, the Bay Bridge and the Eastern Shore.

Atria Manresa offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community, and grounds
  • Medication assistance