Brookdale Ann Arbor

2190 Ann Arbor-Saline Road, Ann Arbor, MI, 48103

Reviews of Brookdale Ann Arbor

John106634150 May 28, 2015

I toured Brookdale Place with my wife. It was OK. I don't think it's going to meet the needs of my dad, but at least we had a chance to tour it. It was clean and pretty welcoming. It's just that they weren't able to provide 24-hour care that we were looking for.

Terrence2 May 17, 2015

I thought Brookdale of Ann Arbor was quite nice. They tend to mix assisted living and memory care on the same site, and the first building we went into was actually the memory care unit. Then we switched over to their assisted living facility, where she toured both of them. The assisted living facility was on two levels. It seemed to be a nicer facility to me. Their staff seemed to be a little older on average and slightly more professional -- that is kind of off the cuff evaluation. I think their public places were a lot larger proportionately compared to the other place.

Mark105311050 January 30, 2015

We visited Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor. It was a very nice place. It was a newer facility. It did have a memory care unit. The facility looked very nice. It was modern; it was well done. It felt comfortable. The rooms were very nice. They're very comfortable. The staff seemed to be very helpful. They seemed to have a lot of nice activities. Overall, I would tell people to look at this place.

Janet96044850 November 01, 2014

My dad was at Brookdale for three months. They were very good. They had him in a room, and then he moved to an apartment. They are both nice rooms. Dad said the food was really good, and he really liked it.

Caring2174 September 23, 2014

I had a good tour at Brookdale -- the people were certainly very nice -- but when my girlfriend said she took her mom out there, she didn’t feel like her mom was getting good care and that concerned me.

Ann26 July 24, 2013

The staff was very pleasant at Brookdale. The rooms were clean and nice. The food was way above average. It's very beautiful.

Bob the Lake 60 April 30, 2013

We visited Brookdale Place when we looked for a place for my parents. It was a two or three-story building that looked like an apartment. It was new and it looked nice. It seemed like a nice place but nothing really stood out that made me excited about the facility. I did not like their fee structure at all. There was a base fee and more additional fees to additional care needed by the resident, which could change overtime.

Thomas8 April 18, 2013

Brookdale Place had Clare Bridge and literature programs which were helpful for dementia patients. That was the reason I chose this facility. The staff were dedicated and hardworking. The place was decent enough. Although the price is quite high.

caring1982 June 15, 2012

Brookdale is kept very clean and the staff is very caring. It did not feel like an ALF, but more like a comfy home. One complaint I have is that my grandmother had to share a room with another client. This could be a good thing for her, but I feel like it was a bad thing for the other lady because my grandma constantly has family and friends visiting her while the other lady seems to be very lonely. I feel like it is a constant reminder to the other lady that she does not have anyone there to support her. On the other hand, it may be better than being solitary, I do not know. The dining area is very nice and the food appears to be very tasty. The grounds are very pretty and nice and there is plenty of room for clients to go outside and relax. They also have a special pantry where clients can purchase foods and drinks. Everyone there seems to be there for the right reasons and really cares for the staff. A third I had visited over 10 years ago for my other grandma was a nightmare and they were very rough with her, so it was refreshing to see a nice ALF where people actually care.

kshamrock20 May 16, 2012

When I was a teenager, I volunteered with my Cub Scout troop a few times at this home. I needed to accrue enough hours to get a patch that gave me credit for helping others. Most of the people here needed a lot of assistance. I didn't realize that at my young age, but now, having been in and around assisted living facilities quite often, this was a very involved home. Residents often needed full care, showers, baths, clothes changing etc. Of course, as a teen we didn't do any of that; we simply helped prepare meals and serve them as well as mingle with the residents. Overall, the place was nice. The location in Ann Arbor, Michigan is very beautiful. The home is clean and the staff was friendly, but it was quite sad seeing how impaired some of the residents were. The home is pretty stately overall. It was comfy and from what I could tell, the residents and the families who visited were satisfied. I didn't witness any discontent.

commercesd March 28, 2012

While driving through the Michigan region, we decided to stop in and visit Brookdale of Ann Arbor, since we were looking for an assisted living facility where my friend's mother could live. We were impressed that they could accommodate our last-minute visit.

The grounds were very well maintained and beautifully landscaped. The outside offered easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. We could see that there was also plenty of space to have cookouts, parties and picnics.

We thought my friend's mother would like the little park area outside. We also thought it looked as though the staff could easily manage all of the residents, which is important to us.

The interior foyer was like something out of a large country mansion - very inviting, but lots of space. The rest of the main communal areas were all clean and well tended. There was plenty of space for seniors to engage in a variety of activities, from socializing to games and other stimulating events.

The food looked well-prepared and appetizing. The dining rooms included both casual and formal options. Their menus offered a nice variety of healthy food options.

The snacks also looked interesting and healthy with a nice mix of nutritious options. We also liked that they encourage drinking plenty of fluids for healthy hydration each day.

The activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies - to day trips to nearby events.

The private areas were nicely decorated and personalized for the residents and it was clear that they enjoyed their surroundings very much.

They have planned exercise classes - but also offer residents to work out with equipment. We liked that they encouraged exercise.

They seem to be able to accommodate most senior circumstances with a variety of living options available.

Overall, the facility looked like a nice place to live where any senior could be very happy. We could really see that the residents are treated with care, kindness and respect so that they were very well cared for.

From Brookdale Ann Arbor

Brookdale Ann Arbor provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Location of Brookdale Ann Arbor