Arbor Oaks of Andover

1640 155th Lane NW, Andover, MN, 55304

Reviews of Arbor Oaks of Andover

Cathy35 December 18, 2013

We put mom at Arbor Oaks Senior Living, but right now she is at home. The facility is brand new and she was the first person to be staying in that room. The rooms are very nice. We also choose this place because it was the nicest looking facility. She is in their memory care facility and it such good security that they couldn’t come and go outside. They have their own area; their own dining room, their own kitchen area, and TV room. It's very, very nicely decorated and rich looking. It's very nice. They do have activities including bingo. I sat in with the meals and it was kind of weird. They have smaller meals with supper and bigger meals for lunch.

Marlene7 November 26, 2013

Arbor Oaks had only been opened for two weeks when we went there. It was very fancy. They have nice chandeliers and marble floors in the entrance way. It was a brand new facility. It was a large facility. They even have a chef that prepares the meals for their residents. It looked like they were going to be a nice place for people to live in. They did an assessment on my mom and determined that they didn't have the staff hired yet to facilitate taking care of her, so more or less, they rejected her. They did have a memory care but it wasn't up and running at that time. They had 17 apartments filled already and they said in a week, they would have 30 more. In other words, they have people moving in there left and right, so I can't imagine they would not be hiring staff. Regarding their rooms, Arbor Oaks was another facility where my mom would have had her own little kitchen and I really didn't want that for her. It was because she was not good about cleaning her refrigerator and throwing old food away. Also the room that they were going to give her was down the hall from the lunch room and even though she has a scooter that she could use, but with her mind kind of deteriorating, we didn't know if she would remember how to get down the hallway to the lunch room. So that makes us worry.

About Arbor Oaks of Andover

Arbor Oaks of Andover is an assisted living facility in Andover, MN that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Arbor Oaks of Andover for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Arbor Oaks of Andover