North Pointe

701 Simpson Rd, Anderson, SC, 29621

Reviews of North Pointe

December 16, 2016

By Trey166011

North Pointe was a nice place with a nice layout, and offered a lot of the same amenities as the other places. The rooms were comparable, and I liked everything that I saw. The location was not that convenient, and the price seemed equal or just a little higher than other places, with maybe a $200 difference. I checked on the residents. They have various programs. That was one of our criteria: to find a place with a lot of activities. I was very pleased with the activities they have in-house and outside activities, like taking the residents to the movies and to the mall or taking them to different activities outside of the assisted living place.

November 07, 2016

By Varena

My sister has been over at North Pointe for several months, and I liked it. She is actually eligible for VA, but she is still mobile, so she has to be in a secured unit. The apartment is really nice. Right now, she is in a room by herself, but it is supposed to be semi-private. It has a bathroom and a TV. It’s nice and clean. They have been really good, and we make it really easier on her. We are happy with it. She does do a lot of activities. I have eaten with her several times; the food has been good, and the dining area is nice.

November 02, 2016

By Donna218378

My mom is at North Pointe, and it's lovely. It's very pretty, and everything is spotlessly clean. They have a grand piano, and a lot of entertainers come out and sing or perform. We've had a family barbeque and entertainment, which was lovely. My mom is treated very well, she loves the people out there, she feels that they love her, and she gets hugs constantly. The grounds are really pretty. There are flowers and tables and chairs set around everywhere and there are walkways if they want to walk around outside. My mom had a couple of problems with a couple of people when she first moved in. I called, and they immediately addressed it and took care of it so she was happy as she could be again. It's just been a great experience, everybody there is just super nice and helpfu,l and her surroundings and environment are just great. I've eaten with her several times, and the food's been really good. It's not fancy food, just regular good old food, like chicken, corn, rice, peas, and gravy and stuff that she likes to eat. We're just very pleased.

September 30, 2016

By PK040151

My mom is at North Pointe, and it was clean. They have good activities. The staff seemed to be attentive.

July 28, 2016

By Justine455286

North Pointe seemed nice and new but not visually fancy. The people were really nice. We talked to several of the residents who seemed to be very happy. I was impressed with the tour. The lady that presented the tour was very informative, but she was too exuberant, and I was not able to ask questions. She was perfectly nice. They had fairly good activities.

June 18, 2016

By Daughter-in-law04837272

The staff at North Pointe was very friendly, and the rooms were spacious. I didn’t like the shower facility because you have to step up to get into the shower, and my father is in a wheelchair. It’s a little older but appears to be clean and well maintained.

April 25, 2016

By George99925650

My dad has been in North Pointe for two weeks now. It's not that bad, but very time I go in there, Dad's clothes are in the other guy's drawer and other people's sheets are on his bed. Sometimes they don't check and see where his clothes are. They helped me out when I first came in and didn't charge me right away for the doctor's fee. Basically, they're pretty good. The place has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, it's clean, and the people are very nice and friendly. They put names on their stuff, like his clothes, but sometimes I would come in and he's wearing somebody's pants. I would look at the name tag, and his name is not in there. Considering everything, I don't have any complaints.

July 13, 2015

I got my mom in North Pointe. They are very nice, they take good care of her, they have activities, and she seems to be well-adjusted. She has a bedroom with her own personal bed and dresser, her pictures, TV, and walkers, they have a room too where she can sit and visit, and there is another lady that has the bedroom next to her. This is a little suite with two bedrooms. The facility has all kinds of sitting rooms, TVs, and all kinds of activities. They have Bingo, and yesterday they had some children coming inside and being there with them. And then, they played dominoes, and some form of basketball where they can sit and play. They take very good care of mom, and we can go in anytime. They always call me -- because I'm her POA -- before anybody takes her away from the facility for anything, and if anything happens or they need me for anything, they would call. The day mom moved in, my baby sister and I had lunch with her, and the food was very good.

February 04, 2015

By Lusk14

We put my grandmother here and in four days time her health declined rapidly. She came in walking on her own, using the bathroom, and feeding herself. When we went to check up on her, her glasses were falling off her face and she was severely dehydrated. The nurse over the memory care unit lied to us about what was going on with my grandmother. She had also fell in that time frame and had broken her hand and her hip and they let her sit there without having it checked out for who knows how long. When we were moving her out of the residence we heard a women in her room yelling for help, but no caregivers went to check in on her. This place was horrible and understaffed in the memory care unit, only having two people for twenty or more memory care patiences.

October 29, 2014

By Tom100992150

We visited North Pointe Assisted Living. It seemed to be well managed. It seemed to be patient-oriented. The facility seemed to be updated. It seemed to be that they were in the process of completing some updates while we were there. They have a secured ward and a non-secured ward. What they could improve on, in my opinion, was the master front door. The entrance/exit should be affixed with the buzzer system. The main entrance was not secure. During business hours, from 8 to 5, there was a gentleman that manned the desk there, but anytime after 5, a resident who is in a non-secure portion can enter and exit at their will. The only weakness I found in the whole facility was the main entrance was not secure.

Photos of North Pointe

Services & Amenities of North Pointe

• State Licenses: CRC-1454

About North Pointe

Feel the electricity at North Pointe, where exciting amenities, world-class services and myriad recreational and social opportunities keep our residents energized and buzzing. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Anderson, South Carolina, feels like one big family that shares meals together in our tastefully decorated dining room and worships together every Sunday regardless of faith. Residents have the freedom, though, to live life in private and semi-private one-bedroom apartments with spacious bathrooms and plenty of safety features such as emergency response systems and assist rails. Caring and professional staff members will provide a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with the activities of daily living, including courtesy transportation for shopping and dining outings, housekeeping and personal laundry services and medication administration. With Greenville less than 35 minutes away, our residents are afforded big-city services with the feeling of small-town living.

Map of North Pointe