Brookdale Anaheim Hills

380 S. Anaheim Hills Rd, Anaheim Hills, CA, 92807

Reviews of Brookdale Anaheim Hills

Caring109985750 July 21, 2015

I went to visit Brookdale Anaheim Hills. The director was very understanding to the needs, and the nursing staff was good. They were very concerned to the residents, and they listen quite well. The facility was great. We really liked it. I don’t have anything negative to say to them; it's a nice place. From what they told me, they do have different activities going on. What I also like about the place is that they have an open kitchen, and you can order at any time you want.

Caring108208050 June 13, 2015

Brookdale Anaheim Hills was very warm and welcoming. It felt like a good and homey place. It has a very warm entrance way. It is built on a hillside, so on every floor you can look outside and still see the ground. It is an older building, but it feels like a comfortable hotel. The rooms are very simple but nice. They have a balcony outside for each of the rooms. It is definitely homey. The rooms are in different sizes, but they were definitely appropriate there. I guess you can say it was spacious. They have a dining service, and the waiters come to them like they would in a restaurant. It was very impressive. It was clean and well kept. The setup was very pretty and elegant. When we first got there, the chef came out and gave a whole spiel on how he cooks the food and the presentation, which was very impressive. They have basic activities, and the amenities are simple too. They have bingo nights and movies for them to watch. They have people come play the piano and sing. It was just very simple basic amenities and nothing over the top. It was just a really comfortable feel there, and it was not too big.

Anonymous105847150 May 13, 2015

Brookdale Anaheim Hills was in a beautiful area. It was very spacious and big. I liked the location basically. The tour was very well guided. There was a good host. They offered a very good meal plan. They also had games, and they even take residents to plays that they wanted to go to. They have a lovely activities calendar.

Caring107253761 March 07, 2015

I like Brookdale Anaheim as they have a good PT Department. It’s very friendly and homey, and the patients are alert. The staff is very thorough, and they seemed to be very kind to all the patients there.

familymemberthere December 11, 2014

My mother did not want to move to a facility, and she has been at Nohl for just under a year now. Mom raves about the food, and I have to admit all I have ate there is like eating at a great restaurant. Mom has made so many friends and looks forward to everyday. At nearly 93 it is so great to see the loving care shown to her by all the staff that work there. Mom says the Director comes in the dining room every meal and always makes them feel good, God bless all the good people who work there.

Little Chris October 20, 2014

My grandmother was at Nohl Ranch in the final few months of her life. The facility was really nice and EVERYONE we encountered was very friendly and caring. It was always a pleasure to visit my grandmother there. Bingo, ice cream socials, afternoon drives, great meals, themed parties, movies, etc. She often said, "Hey, this is a really nice hotel". I agree. I hope I can find a place like Nohl Ranch in later years.

KMontoya October 19, 2014

After a long and hard search to find a residence for my mother, my family settled on Nohl Ranch Inn. I say “settled” because you’re never really sure how things will work out. It was a great fit for my mom and her family. My mother settled in well and received outstanding care from business personnel, caregivers, receptionists, dining room personnel and the other residents. She was comfortable and happy at Nohl Ranch. My mother enjoyed the activities and entertainment provided by musicians and others who were invited and encouraged to do so for all the residents. My mother’s room was very clean and had plenty of space. When her health started to decline, she was moved closer to the caregiver station so they could look after her more frequently. Her family was kept apprised of her status and well-being. Nohl Ranch’s location near a drug store and small eateries were helpful for visitors when Mom was busy getting her hair or nails done or had another activity. The food was excellent and served throughout the day in case a resident felt like a snack or meal at odd times which Mom frequently made the most of. Also, there is easy access to the 91 Freeway. My family is happy to recommend Nohl Ranch Inn as a place for independent and assisted living. We all feel that our mother received a high level of attentiveness anyone would want for a beloved parent.

Caring93043950 September 08, 2014

The staff was friendly at Nohl Ranch. The rooms were smaller than I expected, but other than that, they were very clean and nice. It's a well-maintained facility. I think the location probably was the highlight for me.

Caring91979350 August 07, 2014

Nohl Ranch seemed to be very pleasant. The people were very nice to deal with. The people that we met all seemed to be personable, friendly, and they seemed to be interested and good at selling their facility. The facilities were not as fancy, but they were very pleasant and very comfortable. I like the rooms. I don't have any problems with it. I would recommend this community.

Tom83180450 July 19, 2014

Nohl Ranch Inn was one of my favorites. I really liked it. It felt like a hotel or a resort almost. We ate there and the food was excellent. It was like going into a restaurant. When you came in, they would ask you how many were in your party, and they would sit you. They would give you a menu, and you could order your food from it. The rooms were beautiful; they had a lot of selection of different sizes of rooms, and each room had a patio, which was nice because you could go out there and sit every morning. They had a lot of activities going on inside and outside the facility. It was like when you went into a hotel lobby, they had a board with all the events going on throughout the day and you could choose where you wanted to go. If you wanted to go outside, they had scheduled bus trips to a mall or a restaurant. It was very organized.It was kind of on a hillside, and it seemed very nice because they had a lot of green around them. It seemed like you were on vacation when you were there. In fact, my uncle was impressed on that one. They encourage independence, they could either drive their car, or if they couldn't they had a bus transportation option. I thought if he had to go anywhere that would on top of his list.

Loving daughter7 April 24, 2014

Nohl Ranch Inn has excellent staff from the Executive Director to each of the workers. Since the new Executive Director came I see that not only are the workers happier but so are the seniors. The staff show love and caring for all their seniors and it is delightful to visit and hear such happiness. My mother tells me the new lady come in and talks with the seniors every meal and pours coffee, laughs with and hugs them. This is what they need! Bless the staff at Nohl Ranch who make my mothers life more meaningful!

Jeanne16 February 28, 2014

Nohl Ranch Inn is our choice for my mom because of its location, quality and price. It is an older facility, but every is clean, nice and great. It is a smaller facility than some, but for my mother that is a good thing. She's 94 and doesn't get lost trying to find things The staff is very kind and helpful. They are wonderful and accommodating. One of the first things that notice when go there is that not only the staff has smiles and greetings for everybody, but the residents there are just happy group. They are always smiling. You know, you walk in the hall, everybody says: "Hi! How are you?" and I think because it is on a smaller side, everybody kind of knows everybody. It is very personal. The service has been great. We are extremely happy from the house keeping staff, to the maintenance crew, to the gals manning the front desk, to the office staff and nursing staff, everyone is what I will call "top-notch employees". I have not met any employee yet that I will have anything negative to say about.

My mom is in a one-bedroom apartment in the assisted living. It is very nice. It is on a small size but it is very adequate for assisted living because they don't have a full kitchen but they do have a refrigerator, a sink and a counter top. It has a glass door up in the living room with a little balcony that looks out over the little putting green they have with the trees and it is very nice.

We have been in their dining room several times and they have very good food. They have good size menu and it is open all day long, you can go there any time. You can order anything and they will accommodate.

They have activities going on and you can be busy all day long if you want to. My mother didn't participate in a lot of these things because of her age and condition, but I know they have a book clubs, bingo, card games, movie time every day and other games. They have computers downstairs and they have people come in and teach them or help them on the computer, which I think is great. They have music. They have people coming in to sing or play the piano to entertain at least three times a week. They have chauffer service. They also have outings, shopping trips and group activities that you can go at least two or three times a week.

Caring7103 October 28, 2013

Nohl Ranch looked excellent. They were very well maintained and organized. The staff was excellent. I was very pleased with them. They also have both indoor and outdoor activities, like taking their residents out.

Bob35 July 25, 2013

Nohl Ranch is a nice place to live in. It is part of Brookdale and it is located ideally right next to a shopping center. Actually their prices are lower than the other places I've visited. I would give this a high rating because of the amenities they offer. They bring me three meals a day but a lot of times, I looked at their menu, and I can't stand what they're cooking. The chef has to do 90% of the meals out of their cookbook.

Faye1 April 09, 2013

Nohl Ranch looked nice and clean. The tour went very nice. They were accommodating and they answered my questions. But I was looking for a memory care facility and they didn't meet the needs of my aunt.

shah May 30, 2012

This is a beautiful facility,located on safe-residential road.In my time visiting and even working there I found it entirely delightful. The staff is well trained and very passionate about what they do.The environment is home like, relaxed and gives you a warm feeling.I like every thing here and i would highly recommend this facility to anyone.

KDBisME April 28, 2012

This facility is very nice and is located in a quiet residential area of Anaheim Hills. Everyone (both staff and residents) is very kind and friendly when you first walk in the facility. The assisted-living facility is very clean and neat. The facility seems to have all the comforts of home and does not seem at all like a hospital like I have seen in other nursing homes. The residents are very involved and the staff is very capable and willing to please the residents in any way possible. Every resident I spoke to seemed very happy and pleased with his or her living situation. The residents have great social activities and it seems like they have a lot of fun! I have nothing negative to say about this facility. Also, the facility is conveniently located near a shopping center, which would be great for those who can walk to it.

From Brookdale Anaheim Hills

Brookdale Anaheim Hills provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Anaheim Hills

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Licenses: Ca
  • State License(s): 306002955

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Anaheim Hills