Brookdale Anaheim

200 North Dale Avenue, Anaheim, CA, 92801

Reviews of Brookdale Anaheim

January 15, 2017

By Lynn605365

I really like Brookdale Anaheim. The caregivers are amazing, the staff is very accessible, and the rooms are very clean. The food is very healthy and very good. The activities are amazing. There is always something to do because we have a great person in charge of all the activities. She really keeps us busy and challenged. It is everything that people would want it to be and has everything they are looking for. They have a good hairdresser who is here two days a week.

November 22, 2016

By Rick605048

Brookdale Anaheim was a nice place, but they did not have very large Japanese population. They only had about 3 or 5 people that were Japanese, and that was not good enough for my friend. They showed us around. They showed us what activities they had. They had good facility. The peopled seemed to be very nice. If I was looking for a place, I might stay there.

August 23, 2016

By Noel453087

My mother has been at Brookdale Anaheim for about three months now, and the experience has been great. They trained a property manager who managed the residents. I know what I am looking for, and it had the right feel. It’s a small property with only 110 units and spread out. The dining room and the food were great. Every day, there’s a new menu with four or five things to chose for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s on the higher end on the spectrum of price, but this works for what she needs. She can smoke outside, too. I really enjoyed the property manager. She has the best interest of the residents at heart. She is kind and sweet.

August 17, 2016

By Sharon518610

We visited Brookdale Anaheim. It seemed like a very nice place with different levels of care. Their memory care was separate from the others and they anything you might need from independent to memory care. The place was very clean and neat. Everything seemed really organized.

May 11, 2016

By Caring VisitorMSSKR

I visited Brookdale Anaheim for my dad. The people I interacted with were very nice. I went to a resident's apartment, who was like an ambassador and allowed people to come into his apartment. He was friendly and willing to answer questions. Because Brookdale Anaheim was a lot less expensive and older, I think it was decent for the price but wasn’t nearly as nice as the other facility I saw. The apartment had more space than the one I saw in the other facility and had a little, nice balcony. It was a decent space. I understand because the price point is so much lower, the community didn’t look like it had been updated very recently. The location was not great, either.

March 19, 2016

By LynB

My mother picked Brookdale becuase she felt the most comfortable there when she went in, and so far it’s been a good experience. They have a van that takes them out to shops in the area, doctors, and dentists when they need it. They have wheelchair exercises, tos the ball around, word play, and talks and seminars. She said the food is excellent. The room is very nice and spacious.

January 01, 2016

By Jules7

We visited Brookdale Anaheim. The assisted living side looked great, but the side for Alzheimer's, I didn't like it at all. It was dark. I didn't see a lot of caregivers on the ground for the time that I was there. It was too dark to me. It needs to be a bright area for people with Alzheimer's, and that's what my father has. I didn't like that at all. I would not recommend this facility. The staff was nice and young though.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Anaheim did not meet all of your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident and we will share your feedback with our management team.

December 21, 2015

By Veta

If I had to go some place and my money was really tight, I could afford Brookdale Anaheim (formerly Emeritus at Fairwood Manor). It's modern, very clean, and the hallways were very wide. You can get around without bumping into people. The residents seemed to be older, but they were active, very nice, and they spoke to me. They had activities, but the pacing was slow. I talked to Angie, and she was very nice, very knowledgeable, and very friendly. The staff was really nice. The grounds were very pretty and very nicely appointed. They also provided physical therapy with somebody on staff if you needed them. The rooms were really large and nicely appointed. The largest room was very affordable.

November 08, 2015

By Willing

Brookdale is very clean and pleasant with nice people. The memory care where my father-in-law would be staying did not have the right feel, though. They need to upgrade the memory care to make it feel a bit more homey.

September 30, 2015

I visited Brookdale Anaheim and it was a clean facility. It was pretty much what we need. The community offered many resources there. If I could afford it, I would go to that place. All in all, its good community and I would recommend it.

September 17, 2015

By Erin8

I truly liked Brookdale Anaheim (Formerly Emeritus at Fairwood Manor). It was like a hotel for old folks. Angie -- the manager there -- is an awesome amazing person. She knows the residents by their names, and she sent us a thank you for coming to visit card. She was the only one that did that; none of the other places did. They have a lot of things that they do everyday -- games, dominos, cards, and Wii bowling in the living room. The dining room is huge, and it's got picture windows on two sides that are absolutely beautiful. A guy comes in and serves them at their table. My mother's room - which is a studio -- is good sized. It has a patio that you could fit a little bistro table and a chair on, and then the bathroom has a safe shower so they can get in and out really easy. There's a pull cord for emergency in the bathroom. There are two closets for clothes and another separate closet next to the bathroom where I keep the towels, her medicines, and her bathroom stuff. The sink area is a little small though. They have a salon and a nail place there.

July 21, 2015

They were very friendly and welcoming at Brookdale Anaheim (Emeritus at Fairwood Manor). I really liked the rooms because they looked very clean, and they had hardwood flooring. Everybody seemed very content. The dining area was very nice and very big. The memory care had a smaller dining area. The grounds were beautiful. I liked that it was very secure.

July 15, 2015

By Douglas6

We visited Brookdale Anaheim (Formerly Emeritus at Fairwood Manor). The staff was very nice, and the facility was very nice. It's the negotiation over the price -- it has to be an affordable amount. If you're interested, they'll give you the tour, answer your questions, and explain everything. They'll tell you the pricing and the cost. The rooms were very nice and kept up. The facility was really nice. They showed me around and introduced me to the cook. The dining room was big with a lot of aisle space. The person that showed me around said the food was good. They do different activities every day, i.e., they do their hair, and they have bingo.

July 15, 2015

My visit to Brookdale was very good and the staff was very friendly and caring. Their follow up was not that good, other than that everything was okay. However, my mom doesn’t speak English and I needed a place that had more Spanish speaking people.

June 01, 2015

My relative had stayed at Brookdale Anaheim. He really liked it there. They were very helpful and kind. He had been totally cooperative, and they have been totally responsive when he was ill and called the ambulance. I was really pleased with them. They have all kinds of programs. They have a huge library. They have field trips going outside the facility. They do the cleaning and the laundry. You could even have a pet there, and I had found nothing to complain about. It was just a really nice place. He has a one-bedroom apartment. It was in a very nice size with a huge walk-in closet, a microwave, a refrigerator, a little pantry, a huge bedroom, and a nice size bathroom. I had been in their dining room, and he liked the food very much. They had 3 meals a day, and you could also go downstairs and have snacks during the day as well. It is very nice. They do provide transportation to doctors' appointments too.

May 13, 2015

By Connie105634150

The surroundings were really nice at Brookdale Anaheim. It seemed to be the perfect size for my mom as it wasn’t a large establishment. I was impressed by the environment as I walked in, and the rooms were really nice. I saw 1-bedroom and studio, and it was an OK size. I really was impressed with the accommodations and all the amenities that they provided. They have transportation to and from medical appointments, shopping, and movies. The dining room was OK, but the sitting setup was a little restrictive as they needed to sit in the same seat and the parking area was very small and limited.

April 29, 2015

By rmn4314

Don't be fooled by their "kindness", it is a show to get you to put your loved one there and then take advantage by upping the rent and care prices very frequently. My loved one has been there for a few years and we are desparate to move him out. It is very sad because he does have friends there. The staff, it is obvious, they are just there to collect a paycheck, definately not because they have a passion for caring for the elderly. Please pass this one by.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

February 28, 2015

By Caralyn

Emeritus had a nice environment with very friendly staff. The residents seemed to be pretty happy. The dining room was beautiful and the rooms were very nice. But with the situation I am in right now, it was just too expensive.

January 04, 2015

I thought Emeritus looked very nice. We had lunch there, and the burgers that we had for lunch were very good. They showed us two or three different rooms; one was a single room, and the other was two rooms. I was quite impressed with the place, and I thought it looked very much like what we had in mind.

December 06, 2014

By Patti17

At Emeritus at Fairwood Manor, the people there seemed old, but they were more active. There seemed to be more couples living there. In terms of rooms, there was more to choose from because the facility was really big. Regarding the staff, I thought everybody was busy and very competent from what we could tell. Everybody seemed to be caring. With regards to surroundings, it looked really clean, and there were lots of activities. What stands out to me was that there were more couples, they had their own cars, and there was more to choose from in terms of room and care needed.

December 03, 2014

By Carrie16

My mom has moved in at Emeritus. She loves it, but unfortunately she is in a skilled nursing right now in a different facility, but she will be getting to go back quickly. We like the size of the room because she got the one bedroom, so that was a lot more room than just a studio. She said the food is really good there. The staff is all really nice, and so actually when we went over to look at it, one of the ladies was really nice, and that was one of the reasons why mom felt really comfortable going over there. It does have a homey atmosphere, and it has a lot of activities if people were up to it; different people that come in like singing and world events and different things, and they do trips like a casino day, and then they take them over to the garden and shopping. They will also take them to the doctor’s if they want on certain days. My mom is kind of spoiled, so I always take her to her appointments. When she went into emergency, it wasn’t too far from a hospital, but it’s really close to the Buena Park Mall. The grounds are nice; it’s one of the larger ones that we went to. The parking is adequate; there has been like once or twice when I went over there that there was trouble, but it’s better than the ones that are local to me. It has a really big courtyard, so that was nicer than the other ones that we saw as well. I would recommend the facility.

June 27, 2014

Emeritus at Fairwood Manor was very nice. The rooms were very nice. The people were well dressed and looked healthy and ready to go places. However, we didn't choose it because my aunt is a lady who has never spent much money on clothing, and she doesn't like to dress up, and we thought the people there dressed so nicely that she would feel like she didn't fit in. It wasn't a negative against the place, we just thought it was too nice for her.

March 21, 2014

By Catie1

I got my grandmother set up in Emeritus since end of December. They're wonderful. She's very happy there. They even know me when I go in there. The ladies at the desk and the head of the department, Monica, are wonderful.

February 26, 2014

By Claudia8

Emeritus is right down the street from me and I had thought about it. I’d been there before because I had some friends who had parents there. I know that they do a lot of Alzheimer’s care and that’s a big thing with them. My father-in-law, mind-wise, is still there and I just thought putting him in a place where there’s a lot of people with Alzheimer’s would be very discouraging. How would you feel if you sat with somebody at dinner and the next day they never remember you. That was part of our reason. The rooms were spacious, very nice. The staff was always nice. There’s always somebody at the lobby to greet you. It was very clean and it seemed like the people were happy. They had a guy playing the piano one time when I was in there. Some of the activities they do were very nice.

September 30, 2013

By Daisy11

My husband and I drove to Emeritus at Fairwood Manor. Their staff was very friendly. They had a lot of activities going on as well. The rooms were fairly decent to large size and we like that. The food there was really on the greasy side to me and it didn't taste good. In certain areas it did have a little bit of the smell, but not too bad. To me the biggest drawback here was the building looked a little dilapidated, like it wasn't updated. The positive part about their place is that they were one of the few that had a two bedroom and they have plenty of parking lot space.

August 30, 2013

By Phyllis17

I visited Emeritus and the staff was very nice except for the girl that working in the place where you fill out the form. The place was a little run down especially the memory care it was awful and I would never go there. Their rooms were spacious but were kind of dark. They had lots of activities, but the memory care people that we saw were all sleepy. They could improve on their memory care area because it was dark and dingy.

August 27, 2013

By DAUGHTER of Resident

My Mother is a resident in Memory Care at Fair wood .The Staff are all very friendly and caring . My mother is happy and content there and that is a great comfort knowing she is safe and well cared for at Fair Wood Manor. If I call long distance they will come to phone or call me right back and keep me posted on any changes or concerns about my mother. I have visited a couple of times and very pleased with the staff's friendliness and professionalism and how they show how much they care for their residents.

August 20, 2013

By Janet25

I just thought Emeritus was very dreary looking. When I walked up in there, it was a long, cold-looking hallway, and wasn't clean looking. Then we went into the dining room and that was worse. It was broad daylight but it was dark in there without the lights on. I couldn't live in a place that is dark and nothing cheery. I recommend that they could paint it or do something. I just wasn't happy with it. And I told them that when they called me, that it was too dreary looking for me. But the staff seemed to be nice. A bunch that we talked to was very friendly. But you really have to stay there to find out what kind of people are working.

April 09, 2013

By Dorothy12

I thought Emeritus at Fairwood was excellent. The place was very clean. The staff is friendly and they provided me with very good information. The tour was excellent.

June 29, 2012

By charliesuiza

I walked in and the first thing I thought was that the place was very clean. This was the first time I had gone to visit my great uncle at Emeritus at Fairwood Manor, and i was surprised that his room was so large as well. Well, it wasn't ridiculously huge, but he was happy with it. The staff seemed like they cared a lot about him; he told me that he always got his medication on time and that there was one lady in particular who he told me was his friend. There seems to be a lot of independent time, which is good, because the last thing I know my uncle wants to feel like is a 5th grader again. The fellow residents seemed friendly enough, and there was a sense of community at the place. Overall, I would give it 5 stars because of the cleanliness of the grounds, attentiveness of the staff, and the happiness of my uncle. It makes me feel good knowing that he is in a great place!

May 18, 2012

By 646count

The outside of the site was inviting, well groomed with flowers. Inside lobby and common areas were clean and appealing. The rooms were well cared for and a good size for what they were but hard to imagine someone paring down and having their whole life of 85 years in that tiny space. The staff seemed caring and open and answered our questions. As in almost all assisted living homes I've been in, there was that lurking "old people" smell that I can't quite put my finger on, whether it might be individual poor hygiene, or illnesses, or cleanliness of the facility in general. It's hard to get past that but I'm sure residents get used to it. The residents seemed to be well. We had some concerns that there was enough individual attention to each resident and that everyone got everything they needed at the right time. It seemed like there was too much unstructured time, but I'm not sure what I was expecting.

May 16, 2012

By Nancy9

The facility is great! My mom told me the food was great but it didn't have any comfortable rooms. It is near my place.

May 08, 2012

By Carm's daughter

My mother just became a resident of Fairwood Manor in Anaheim in their Memory Care Neighborhood. The staff there could not be nicer. They work hard to ensure that my mother's medical, emotional and physical needs are being met. They do an excellent job of seeing that she is involved in activities she enjoys and can share in. They even take the time to bring over to the Assisted Living Neighborhood so she can participate in those activities that may interest her. Everyone is friendly and professional. It gives us, her family, great peace of mind to know that she is safe, healthy and well cared for in a very personal way. Thanks!

March 01, 2012

By commercesd

While driving through Anaheim visit friends, we decided to stop in and visit Emeritus at Fairwood Manor, since we were looking for an assisted living facility where our aunt could live. We were impressed that they could accommodate our last-minute visit. The area is convenient for our aunt who has many friends in the area. Community rooms were nice and pleasant, with plenty of space to engage in a number of social activities like games, reading, TV and crafts. The residents may also host private social events. All of the rooms were spacious enough to include ample seating and tables. The events calendar features many healthy and stimulating outside activities. We liked that the staff encourages participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents. The residents are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. They may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the outer walk ways around the building and courtyard. The restaurant style dining area was very spacious and airy. offers many delicious choices. The lunch we had was like you might find in an upscale diner. We could see that our aunt would appreciate their menu options - since she has always enjoyed really good food. They also had a private dining room for friends and family to enjoy. The private living spaces featured beautiful windows and nice private patios and balconies. Each unit was fresh, airy and peaceful, with a calming, color-coordinated décor and comfortable furnishings. We got to see the diverse staff and residents - which seemed to include people at various levels of care. No one was separated out - the staff simply attended to those who needed it more. This was nice so that they could all fraternize easily. We noticed that at some places, there could be a tendency to separate people according to their physical ability. We've visited quite a few assisted living facilities and thus far, the staff at this one are some of the most competent and friendly we've met yet.

Photos of Brookdale Anaheim

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Anaheim

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra: Meals Are Deleivered To Rooms If They Are Not Feeling Well.

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Bridge, Canasta And Crochet Club

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 1

• Licenses: CA Dept of Social Services Title 22 Chapter 8

About Brookdale Anaheim

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

high caliber professionally trained care givers,tableside service at all meals, salad bar, podiatrist visits,residnet controls climate inside their apartment and a lovely rose garden in a pristine setting. Bridge club, crocheting class,Happy Hours weekly,Pinochle and Canasta Club and exercise class.

Map of Brookdale Anaheim