Highland Glen

10322 North 4800 West, American Fork, UT, 84003

Reviews of Highland Glen

Kristine147602 June 22, 2016

Highland Glen's rooms were very nice, clean, and a good size. We had a great tour. It was a beautiful facility. We saw the dining area, but we did not eat the food. When we were there, most of the people were gone for an activity. They were out of the building, and it was very quiet.

ChristianVTLFP May 17, 2016

My parents are now in Highland Glen. It’s excellent. The food isn’t as great as the other facility I saw, but that’s the only thing that doesn’t measure up. The staff is good. They’re very nice workers. The rooms are spacious and pretty good. My parents have two full-sized beds in their bedroom. Highland Glen is a new, clean facility.

Jerry108796750 September 03, 2015

When I went in Ashford Assisted Living and Memory Care, I was very impressed with the facility. It was only 5 years old, and then they had added on the memory unit which was only a year old. It was a very lovely facility, and the people were extremely friendly. Everything was very clean, and they were very professional. It was very well run and very open. The staff and the patients seemed very happy.

My wife would be moving in the memory care on Monday. The room that she would be moving into was nice. It's a studio that had a nice window and view of the mountains. I had not eaten there, but I looked at the food the patients were eating, and I had a menu; it all looked very good. It was a privately owned facility. I had talked with the owner and director of the facility and his assistant. I met with the nurse. They had a doctor on call right there and nurse's aides. Most of the time they had 5 -- and sometimes 6 -- patients per nursing assistant, so the patients were well cared for.

They had a tremendous amount of activities. They took them on bus rides. They had entertainment came in. They helped them with things like gardening and crafts. They kept them as active as they were able to do. They had a huge open area with atriums, and the rooms were around the edge of the large open spaces. So, it was inviting and very relaxing with lots of room for guests. There were open areas where they could watch big screen TVs. They had music on a regular basis. People came in to perform. All the times that I had been there, they had different people performing, and the patients were participating.

Jenine August 25, 2015

My dad is living in Ashford Assisted Living & Memory Care. Their staff has a very positive attitude. Everything in that community was good. They even have activities such as bingo and singing. However, their food could be a little bit better.

From Highland Glen

Highland Glen offers MBK's highly regarded full service assisted living program and signature Connections for Living memory care neighborhood in an elegant, intimate community setting. Highland Glen, formerly Ashford Assisted Living and Memory Care, is located across the street from Lone Peak High School and close to Highland Trails Park. It is also easily accessible to shops, restaurants, entertainment centers and medical services. Within our thriving community, you and your loved one(s) will enjoy caring associates, good friends and a warm, secure place to call home.

Our Highland Glen community was designed as a place for families to be comfortable and stay connected to their loved one's. This includes our spacious elegant common areas with multiple windows that let the warm sun in and provide beautiful views of the local mountains as well as the grand exterior courtyards with walking paths, raised garden boxes, a soothing water feature, comfortable sitting areas and much more. We are surrounded by one of the most compassionate and involved communities in all of Utah.

Features of Highland Glen

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,475/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2015-ALII-UT000455