Brookdale Sleepy Hollow

7401 Seville Drive, Amarillo, TX, 79121

Reviews of Brookdale Sleepy Hollow

Caring105992650 February 12, 2015

My husband stayed at Seville Estates for respite care before he had to leave home. They were very good to him and take good care of him.

Lawanda1 November 14, 2014

I visited The Seville (Emeritus at Seville Estates). It was wonderful. The lady was very nice. When I first went in, I thought no way would my husband go on Alzheimer's unit, but when she described everything and showed me everything, yes that would be where I would put him. She was just very, very helpful, just wonderful. The facility looked great. Everything was good. The area was perfect. Everything was nice and clean. Regarding their rooms, most of them had a walk-in bathtub, and the rooms were all updated and roomy. I like the little kitchenette thing. The dining room was really clean and inviting. I like the one with the Alzheimer's where he would not have been able to go to eat, but in the Alzheimer's place, they would go get him and I like that. There were a couple of rooms for activities. In the Alzheimer's unit, they had somewhat more activities that they were doing, but it was with smaller groups.

Lynn35 November 03, 2014

Emeritus at Seville Estates was comparable with the other facility. I looked at a studio apartment, and it was fine, but I felt like the one in the other facility was a little bit larger. The staff was very nice, very accommodating, and very friendly. The facility was nice. Their dining room was nice with individual tables. I like the layout of Emeritus at Seville Estates and all the rooms were on the ground floor which appealed to me.

Caring89569650 August 10, 2014

Emeritus was a lovely place. It was my favorite, but they don't take Medicaid. I liked the way the memory care unit was organized into little families. They have a courtyard where they allow the residents to go with a companion. They ate family style and I liked that. The hospital is not far from Walmart, Lowe's, a donut stop, and a couple of churches. It's inside a community and it has a community feel. The staff is knowledgeable.

Debbie81097350 March 27, 2014

Emeritus was fine. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were pretty basic. They had activities like card games, and I guess they take them on field trips sometimes. They had a library and an area like a courtyard. They could improve on the price because I had to figure out how Mom could afford it.

commercesd June 12, 2012

While visiting my brother in Texas, part of our agenda was to help his friend find an assisted living facility. We stopped in at Emeritus at Seville Estates as an option.

The grounds were designed like a hotel or resort. The staff was very accommodating, answering all of our questions patiently, despite our not having an appointment.

The lobby was fresh and bright. The library was impressive, with many good books and games. The fitness center had well maintained equipment and ample rooms. They also had daily classes and residents could safely navigate the lovely grounds for exercise daily.

The living spaces were generous, designed well and comfortable. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them.

The many planned activities feature everything from book readings and discussions to the arts, museums, galleries, film, theater and the extensive Texas music scene. The residents are regularly taken to many interesting events in the region -- so they get to take advantage of the region's vast cultural offerings.

It has been a challenge to find a place that suits all of my brother's friend's needs. They really seemed to understand how challenging this process can be. We would recommend that anyone looking for a place for their loved one take a tour.

From Brookdale Sleepy Hollow

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Sleepy Hollow