Brookdale Medi Park West

7404 Wallace Blvd, Amarillo, TX, 79106

Reviews of Brookdale Medi Park West

Carol70114650 September 13, 2015

Brookdale was great, and it was a good experience. I really like that one. I like the way the apartments are like that. During our visit, they were having a birthday party for someone, and they have this 15 diner like room. They have the old Coca-Cola machine. The staff was very nice, they showed us around, they introduced us to some of the clients, and it was very pleasant.

Caring105461450 May 02, 2015

Everybody was very happy at Brookdale. It was a very clean and pleasant place to be. The staff was awesome. She was wonderful, she showed us the whole property, and she showed us rooms and the entire thing. The rooms were nice and clean, but would be too confining for my parents. They have a game room where they can play cards and dominoes, and they have an exercise room. The cafeteria where they had the meals is beautiful and is set up very nicely. It was very impressive. It was very convenient to the hospital, and they can take them to doctor’s appointments if needed.

Cindy98302250 December 03, 2014

Emeritus at Canyonview Estates was the nicest place I've seen, and I would consider living in that facility myself. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I saw their rooms, and they were very nice and spacious. The dining area was really set up where you have assigned sitting, and that was really nice. They also have what they call a Coca-Cola room where they can come there all day long and get snacks. They also have some games in there, and I was able to watch them. I was impressed with the facility.

Caring87785150 June 26, 2014

Emeritus at Canyonview Estates was a nice place. I visited a one-bedroom. The staff was fine. The dining area seemed fine.

Estell1 July 11, 2013

There was no security at Emeritus. People could come in the back door and I didn't like that. The activities were fine as far as I was concerned.

Cynthia 1 January 30, 2013

Emeritus at Canyonview Estates has the best amenities for what my mother needed. She's in a one bedroom that has a kitchen. It's very clean and it's great for her. The staff have been really friendly. She did not like it at the beginning, but she likes it now. It's just the cost is a little high. Right now, you can sign a year contract or a 5-year contract and your rent would not go up during that time. They could maybe offer longer contracts in leasing their facilities.

JuanitaRoja June 09, 2012

When they are trying to get you to live there they are very compassionate and understanding about dementia. However, they over re-act to the resident getting lost inside the facility. They required us to have 24 hour care inside the apartment thus relieving them of all duties. That of course still came with the $7k per month price tag plus what we had to pay a caregiver. While they have lots of activities, the actual care that we received was below standards.

commercesd January 06, 2012

We were referred to the Canyonview Estates assisted living facility while in Amarillo visiting friends. We're looking for a place for our uncle to live in the area. He has a lot of friends and family there, so would like to remain in the region.

The staff seemed very caring and interacted well with the residents, all of whom seemed to really be enjoying themselves. There are a lot of activities which was plain to be seen, from dancing, to ice cream socials, barbeques, to many outings. The list was most impressive. They often go on scenic country drives, out for lunch and just about anything else you could ever want to do.Our uncle loves art, so we were thrilled to find out that he could take art lessons if he wished.

The atmosphere of the facility seemed to be joyous; everyone there was just glad to be there and having a great time. The staff also seemed to really encourage participation of everyone there.

The communal areas were spacious, well-designed and filled with nice furnishings that were comfortable and homey. The eating areas included casual and formal dining and private dining, too.

It's a great location -- so close to everything that Amarillo has to offer, from the Westgate Mall, to Cadillac Ranch and beautiful Lake Meredith, where residents regularly visit. The nearby museums and other attractions are also very stimulating.

It was clear to us that the lifestyle here really meets the needs of its residents and that our uncle could be very happy here.

From Brookdale Medi Park West

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Medi Park West