Tamarack Assisted Living Center

1224 E. Tamarack Road, Altus, OK, 73521

Reviews of Tamarack Assisted Living Center

pkson July 15, 2016

My mother moved into Tamarack about 3 months ago and it's even better than I hoped for. These are some of the reasons why. At home many days she was not even getting dressed. At Tamarack she gets up and gets dressed before breakfast and puts on her makeup and jewelry, too. She goes to the Tamarack beauty shop every week and Morgan does a great job on her hair. At home she was not eating a balanced diet, and at Tamarack she has three balanced meals and LOVES the food. At home she had no social and mental stimulation, and at Tamarack she has both from other residents and staff. She loves her new friends and the Tamarack staff that pampers her. These are some of the reasons I give Tamarack a 5 star rating. I would certainly recommend it to others.

It is awesome to read what you said about your mother getting dressed every day and putting on her makeup and jewelry since she moved to Tamarack. Your review talks about social stimulation and good nutrition that we can provide, and people who live alone often don't get these things at home. You didn't mention medication, but if we give your mother her medication, often times regular medication is another thing that helps a resident do better when they get to Tamarack than they were doing at home. We appreciate your taking the time to review us and give us a 5 star rating.

Home Health RN April 18, 2016

I work in healthcare and have had family members as residents at Tamarack Assisted Living. I can honestly say that there is no other place that I would want my loved ones to reside based on my personal and professional experience with Tamarack. Every staff member at Tamarack is caring and compassionate and they really do anything they can to provide a wonderful environment for both the patients and the staff. Happy staff equals excellent environment. Everyone from the top administration to the dietary staff, to the maintenance folks do an excellent job and are always friendly, helpful, and attentive to both residents and visitors. The nursing staff is absolutely top notch with tremendous leadership. I've had family that have lived there and know many of the residents by name. Each and every one of them has always been thrilled to be at the clean, fun, and relaxing environment that Tamarack provides. I always think the highest compliment a long term living facility can receive is that you would want your parents to live there and there is nowhere else that I would want my parents to live when the time comes. Thanks to Tamarack for everything they do, every day! They are the best!

Thank you so much! We CERTAINLY APPRECIATE your confidence in us from your being both an RN and a family member. We love our residents, and it is a privilege to get to know them and their family members. Family is always welcome at Tamarack, and it's pretty special that families come in and get to know and visit with many of our residents. Many people don't realize that if a person needs home health care, home health is available to people who live in assisted living just like it is available to people who live in their own homes. This adds another level of care for that person. We appreciate our home health nurses so much because we know what they can add to the care of our residents. Thank you for your review!!!!!!!

LuckyNiece February 17, 2016

My Aunt has been "home" at Tamarack for 3 years. Everyone here is so nice. All of the staff go above and beyond and I haven't met any of the residents that I didn't think we're top notch! Tamarack Assisted Living......you are the best!

Thank you very much! We appreciate your sweet words, and we hope you know that you are welcome to visit your aunt any time. Having residents and family call us "home" is one of the best compliments that we receive!!!!!!

Leah Andrews October 16, 2015

My parents stayed at Tamarack Assisted Living for a short while. This facility breaks the stereotype of long term care living. The facility and staff were the best at making residents feel at home. They give the gifts that keeps on giving like dignity, respect and compassion. Thank you to all the staff for the wonderful care you provide each day to you residents.

Thank you so much! We love what we do at Tamarack, and it was delightful to have your parents here.

Caring112809850 September 07, 2015

We had a really good visit at Tamarack Assisted Living Center. It’s a fantastic place. The staff was really very nice. I was very impressed with the facility.

Thank you very much. Come back and visit any time!

Carman L August 31, 2015

My mom got such great care while at Tamarack! I've visited in many assisted living centers in the Oklahoma City and Wichita areas and not one was up to the standards of care that Tamarack exhibits. Residents are treated in a dignified manner at all times and with much encouragement. Mom thrived in that environment of friendliness and helpfulness, loving all the residents and caregivers. Kay and Mary are top notch and keep things relaxed and make it fun for everyone, both the residents and their family members.

Thank you so much! Your mom was an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT when she lived at Tamarack, and we LOVED all her wonderful family that frequently came to visit!!!!! The toughest thing is when a resident has to leave assisted living when they exceed assisted living care. We miss the resident and the family terribly! Come back to visit us any time!!!!

JoLev February 24, 2015

My step mother has been a resident at Tamarack for several months and my dad is a new resident there following a fall and hospital stay early this month. I really appreciate the "heart" you see in the staff at the facility. They all try very hard to make the lives of our loved ones enjoyable and fun in their golden years. They were very helpful in helping my dad make the transition from the rehabilitation hospital to Tamarack simple. He seems happy and feels well cared for. As a child who lives several hours away, this gives me peace of mind. In addition, I appreciate the fact that staff will pick up the phone and let me know of any changes that may occur. Thanks for the great work you do.

Thank you so much! It has been a pleasure to have your step mother here, and it's great to have your dad now. We're also so happy t have you as a part of what we consider our "Tamarack family". Don't ever hesitate to call us when you have a question about them or if we can help you.

Christy Woods February 07, 2015

My grandmother was at Tamarack for several years. The staff are all wonderful! The facility is clean, well maintained, and welcoming. If you need anything, they will go out of their way to help you get it.

We LOVED your grandmother when she lived at Tamarack. We still remember how "spiffy" she liked to dress with all her beautiful jewelry that she wore. We also enjoyed you, Christy, when you would come see her. You need to just come see us!

NanT September 18, 2014

My mother is a resident of Tamarack Assisted Living Center. Moving there was her choice. She knew she could no longer live alone and didn't want to live with her children. Our whole family is happy because she is happy. Several of her life-long friends are there and she meets new residents every day. The staff is WONDERfUL. They are all so attentive and helpful. She loves the food and taking part in the social activities. All her needs are met such as getting her hair done once a week, laundry service and rides to doctor appointments. There always seems to be something fun going on. Tamarack is homey and beautifully decorated. Mother says it's like living in a luxury hotel. Our family couldn't be more pleased with the facility. I look forward to living there someday.

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much! Your mother is fun, fabulous, and a great addition to our wonderful residents!

Counelor48 January 24, 2014

My Mom was a resident at Tamarack Assisted Living Center for approx. a year. She enjoyed all aspects of living there. Bingo, the Horse Races, and other activities take precedence over me at times when there was a hot bingo game! :) It made me smile when I knew she was having fun with her friends. She enjoyed both her new friends that she met as well as having great care keepers. I always felt that Mom was receiving the very best in care at all times. I noticed that the personnel took time to know the names of each resident as well as their interests, likes, etc. It was like living with a large family. I have a small Cocker Spaniel who loved going to Tamarack. I knew the residents who wanted to see Hayley and I think both Hayley and the residents left happier when we went home. My cousin worked in DHS in nursing homes, assisted living facilities in Texas for 25 yrs. He could not believe both the beautiful facility and the friendly staff at Tamarack. I don't think Mom could have been in a better place than Tamarack Assisted Living Center.

dand January 19, 2014

My folks have been residents at TALC since 2005. As other reviews mention, it is a very nice facility and they have a great staff. During the time they’ve been there, both of my parents had to spend a few months in a nursing home and were then able to “move back home” to Tamarack. It’s a load off our minds knowing that they’re well taken care of. Our family certainly recommends TALC for someone needing assisted living care. Thanks!

bodot January 17, 2014

My mother, who lived in another state, just recently moved into Tamarack Assisted Living. It is a well run, clean, caring place. I have not encountered any employee that wasn't happy when they greeted any of us, including my mother. All employees have been so helpful in helping her make this transition. We are very happy we made Tamarack our choice.

Lynn Pinson January 16, 2014

My brother was a resident of Tamarack for three years. He, as well as the entire family, found Tamarack to be as close to home as home could be. All the staff, nurses, and aides were extremely caring and we never worried about his welfare. He enjoyed his stay there. Our family highly recommends Tamarack Assisted Living.

terrydw January 16, 2014

I was so impressed by the warm, friendly, clean environment of Tamarack. I was will to consider a reservation for myself - not just a family member or friend. Love the staff.

ronstoppable January 16, 2014

My mom is a resident at Tamarack and has been there over 1 1/2 years. Honestly, I have never seen her happier. She does things now that she had never done before in her life. Plays games, volunteers, gets out and about, and loves helping others. She frequently tells me how much she enjoys being at Tamarack, loves the people, and the staff. The facility is very clean in all manner and the staff is truly wonderful. All are friendly, professional, and above all, caring. I often go by at different times and days and find it always consistent. A person would be hard pressed to find a nicer place to live for themselves or a loved one.

With appreciation January 16, 2014

What a wonderful facility! It is clean and well managed. Most of all, it is full of caring people who have tons of patience and positive attitudes.

From Tamarack Assisted Living Center

Tamarack Assisted Living's approach provides the ideal solution for seniors who may need some help with daily activities such as meals, housekeeping, transportation, bathing, dressing, and medication reminders. Tamarack focuses on wellness and keeping residents as independent as possible by providing a tailored plan of assistance. Our residents enjoy beautiful living spaces, delicious meals, engaging social activities, transportation, and personalized assistance and care.

Tamarack residents say that the accommodating, friendly, helpful staff who are always ready to assist you are what makes Tamarack stand out above all other assisted livings. They also say that it's not home, but it's the next best thing.

Features of Tamarack Assisted Living Center

• 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Generator in case of lost electrical power, state of the art wireless call system for every resident, fire safety system and video surveillance, Individual apartment heating and air-conditioning.

• Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Pets: No pets allowed

• Licenses: AL 3301-3301

• Financial guidance extra: We report needed information to long term insurance companies.
  • We help families understand VA benefits

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

Location of Tamarack Assisted Living Center