Horizon Bay Altamonte Springs

360 Montgomery Road, Altamonte Springs, FL, 32714

Reviews of Horizon Bay Altamonte Springs

Caring106653750 May 07, 2015

The surroundings of Horizon Bay were beautiful. It looks like they have great activities, but when we visited, there was a virus going around, so we couldn't see too much of it. They would not take my ex-husband because he could not transfer or stand on his own. The rooms and apartment were beautiful, homey, and spacious. The dining room setup was beautiful. We only met the admissions person, and she was helpful. The place is beautiful, and we would have been very happy if we could have gotten him there, but when they went through all the processes they said he could not qualify. As for security, you have to sign in before you can come in there.

Caring83 February 23, 2015

DO NOT BRING YOUR LOVED ONE TO HORIZON BAY

Our family member has lived at horizon bay for over four years The first few years were more than we can ask for. Wonderful employees that cared and would do anything for the residents Then everything changed when brookdale became the new owner. They only care about one thing, money. Not the residents. It's a revolving door with the people that work there because they treat them horribly I know no place is perfect but this place is the bottom of the barrel and should be shut down.

Rachel15 August 29, 2014

Horizon Bay Altamonte Springs was OK. I didn’t spend as much time there, but nothing really caught my eye. The rooms were smaller and I was able to see the dining area and it was OK. I like the fact that it looked like in a community. I also like the fact that it's near a post office, so that was very convenient for residents who have mail. Things were accessible as far as being able to take a little walk and have things within reach, and that was pretty nice. The staff seemed very nice.

Thank you for taking the time to visit our community and share your thoughts. We would love for you to come spend more time with us so we can show you everything that Altamonte Springs has to offer!

Gary37 August 01, 2014

I had a nice visit at Horizon Bay. The sales rep was very nice, showed us the rooms and the dining room and walked us all through the facility. A very nice facility. The rooms were comfortable. They're laid out somewhat different but I would say it was of good quality.

Russell6 July 07, 2014

I enjoyed the ambiance of Horizon Bay Altamonte Springs. The staff was great. They gave us a very welcoming visit, and I even took a friend there. We had lunch a couple of times, because I went there at two different times with two different friends of ours, and the food was very good. They had different rooms where activities were going on. I didn't look in to see what they were. They gave us the list of the activities, and they seemed to be very involved. The rooms were adequate, and the one they showed us was a one-bedroom with a kitchen, dining area, and a balcony.

Andrea21 June 30, 2014

Horizon Bay is actually a safety hazard. Safety is something they could improve on. It is a bunch of little apartments that connect via breezeway. We looked at it because it came up pretty good on the reviews, but when I got there, the front door had a safety hazard; it is on a hill. I saw too many people walking out with walkers and starting to fall. Also, it stank. Nothing impressed me at Horizon Bay. The buildings were connected by an open breezeway, so if residents leave the dining room to go back to their apartments, they walk through rain, snow, or whatever. It was too slippery on the walkway. They need to improve a lot of that. The apartments themselves were adequate. They were a little larger than some, but it was not worth it.

Anthony10 June 10, 2014

Horizon Bay was very nice, and the staff was very helpful, very courteous, and they answered all my questions. The rooms were very nice, and the selections were suitable. The sanitation was very nice, and it was well kept.

review2 April 16, 2014

The quality of care is excellent. A few more activities would be good. Only downside the food Ugh. Go to Taco Bell. Even the residents complain.

Elizabeth33 March 27, 2014

The people who work at Horizon Bay Altamonte were very nice, and they were able to give me a very nice tour. The facility was very clean. They showed us the rooms, and they even asked a resident if she would not mind showing us her room. The residents there were also very friendly.

Caring73577650 November 24, 2013

Holiday Bay was very nice. There was a very nice reception when I got there. I had lunch there and the food was very good. I did see a room and it was nice too. The staff seemed very competent. Yes, I would recommend this place to others.

Wilhelmina November 21, 2013

I thought Horizon Bay in Montgomery was wonderful and their rooms were gorgeous, but you never know once you get in this facility. I can only comment on the physical aspect of what I saw. From the outside, everything looked beautiful. The staff was okay. They were a little warmer than the others I saw from the other facility. However, I don't have the experience so I can't give a good review not knowing what the entry level workers are like because they're the ones that come in contact with the residents on a regular basis. Regarding activities, they did have exercise room and they said that they have a person there that guided things, but I didn't see them.

Caring72313450 October 30, 2013

The staff at Horizon Bay are very knowledgeable and very helpful. The facility is very nice, but the cost is a little bit high. The dining area was great.

Caring69372350 October 05, 2013

I visited Horizon Bay Altamonte Springs because it was close by my neighborhood. Overall, I was satisfied with my visit there. Everything was nice. The facility was clean. Their rooms were just standard rooms that you see in all other places but they were nice and clean. They were spacious enough for two people. They did have activities there. They even gave me a list of their activities. I would surely recommend this place to anyone. It was all good.

jandd1025 May 16, 2012

I loved the experience when I went there. It was very clean and lively which was a good change of pace from the other places I visited. The staff was pleasant and some of the occupants was doing crafts with other occupants there. The staff was very attentive to there needs and seemed generally caring to the elderly there. I was very happy with what I saw and will be choosing this facility for my mother.

commercesd April 17, 2012

We happened to be in the area and decided to stop in to see Horizon Bay Altamonte Springs assisted living facility while searching for a place for my friend's mother to live. The building had a southern stately charm about it - nicely landscaped grounds, with nice trees and shrubs.

The ultra high ceilings really gave the place a grand feel, like a five star hotel. The entire interior design seemed designed to be easily navigated and each room had nice views.

Activity rooms we all nice sized and pleasant for social activities. The mild weather allows residents to enjoy walks along the beach and spend time outdoors just about any time they like.

The staff often takes residents on many outings into the region's community to enjoy all that it has to offer. From sight seeing to nature walks and cultural events, the staff appeared to accommodate all levels of ambulation.

The pastel design in the dining area was fresh. Residents are offered great food that looked and smelled delicious. The menus included food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, and whenever requested.

The residents are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. They also offer yoga and aerobics classes, sometimes held outdoors.

Private rooms featured nicely decorated surroundings, with sunny, airy views. All had lots of natural light.

Every resident appeared to be very well cared for in a peaceful, yet fun environment by kind, caring and attentive staff.

From Horizon Bay Altamonte Springs

Horizon Bay Altamonte Springs provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Horizon Bay Altamonte Springs