Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

2950 Old Alabama Road, Alpharetta, GA, 30022

Reviews of Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

February 29, 2012

By nproman

My grandfather is currently residing at Sunrise assisted living facility in Alpharetta. He moved there three years ago after his 86th birthday. I have been there several times and usually have a pleasant experience. The grounds are very nice and well kept. Everything is clean and it doesn't have the familiar feel of an old persons home that most places do. Most of the employees were very friendly and eager to help in any way. The residents all seemed happy to be there and only had positive things to say. My grandfather also likes it so we are happy we made the right choice for him. We've eaten lunch with my grandfather in the cafeteria a few times and the food is always pretty good. Overall my entire family was happy with the choice to go with sunrise; even my grandfather. I'm comfortable knowing he will be living out his final years there.

February 28, 2012

By Matthias

I visited this assisted living home so I could play piano for the residents there. The staff was very friendly and when I was lost, they helped me find my way to the area I was looking for. They seemed nice and prepared to help anyone that showed up. The amenities were very nice. They had plenty of room outdoors for those that enjoy walking. There was a pool, tennis courts, and other outdoor areas for activities. The rooms seemed nice and spacious, however the food could probably have been improved at little cost. I didn't eat any, but the look was off-putting to say the least. I can't say I generally enjoy assisted living homes, but this was a very nice place to visit. It did live up to the name of Sunrise. The general feel of the place was warm and comforting, as opposed to some that I've been to that are cold and more like an unkept senior hotel.

October 25, 2011

By ALison1

I have a relative who lives here and every time I go see her she is well dressed and groomed and looks wonderful . She tells me the center like to keep the residents active and that I could tell because whenever I come for a visit its always something to whether its show n tell or good old fashioned board games.

July 27, 2011

By A Grateful Daughter

My father and my mother-in-law both lived at Sunrise Senior Living at Ivey Ridge. My father suffered with early stages of Alzheimer and my mother-in-law was at the age where she needed assistance with daily health and medical activities. Mom was there 3 years and became an Ambassador at Large welcoming new residents and participating on the resident council. Daddy was there two years and wasn't always able to participate with many activities but seemed to be happy there as his illness slowly took him from us. A care manager was assigned to each resident who helped with their daily routines, bathing, dressing and meds. Daddy was confined to a wheelcare so for each meal in the dining room, the Care Manager would come and wheel him to the dining room. If a resident needed helping eating, the Care Manager would assist them. Sunrise provided three meals, snacks in the morning and a "social" in the afternoon, usually ice cream and cookies with entertainment. If a resident had a birthday, a special cake and celebration was part of the afternoon social.. A registered nurse is on staff at each Sunrise handling the management of prescribed meds and any minor medical problems. The nurse was in regular contact with the family, and doctors if needed. A full time activity director provided various exercise and social programs including transportation to special programs that were scheduled - dinner at a nice restaurant; a church musical program or special entertainment. Family were always included in special in-house programs to assist them in understanding the care or special needs of their family member. Sunrise staff regularly communicated with the family at times daily. Overall, we recommend Sunrise Senior Living for any family needing an excellent residence for their loved one. Sunrise is well equipped to handle most any senior issue including memory issues. While the room or apartment is costly, the care and love your loved one receives is worth every dollar. We always knew that Mom and Daddy were well cared for with love, dignity and tenderness. When Daddy's mental condition caused him to have a stroke, he was always, bathed, messaged with special lotions, fed when possible . His Care Managers always talked with him during his last days and helped the family through those days. Our family highly recommends Sunrise Senior Living for your family. My husband and I have always said that when our needs change we hope there is a Sunrise facility close by. Dignity, love and caring staff are always at Sunrise.

Photos of Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

Services & Amenities of Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Sunrise at Ivey Ridge

Within walking distance of two large shopping centers with shops and dining, Sunrise at Ivey Ridge is quietly nestled among the trees, secluded from the main road and with beautiful views from every window. We pride ourselves in our high quality of care and services that we dedicate ourselves to giving to our residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise at Ivey Ridge