Dogwood Forest of Alpharetta

253 North Main Street, Alpharetta, GA, 30009

Reviews of Dogwood Forest of Alpharetta

youradvocate July 15, 2012

I am the daughter of an ex-resident. My Mom was there in Memory care for about three months untill I got her out of that place. Dogwood Forest as an assisted living is probably fine, looks nice, lots of activities. But for an Alzhiemers resident their "Inspirations Unit" was to small, to many residents, aweful food, aweful service. The Unit Director set the tone for the Unit by not being compassionate and raising her voice to residents and caregivers. They did not know how to deal with the AD resident that my Mothers was. They were use to having residents just sit around quietly all day in their wheelchairs. My mothers was not like that at all so when she made her needs known to them the director would call me to ask how to handle her. It was clear that the Director had no training with AD residents. During my Mom's time there , (3 months) we found medication lying around her room 4 times! Unbelieveable! I made the mistake of not acting on my gut feeling I had about the Inspirations Director. Please don't let this happen to you & your loved one.

AGTblary1 May 18, 2012

Dogwood Forest has an exceptional staff that actually cares about their residents. I have been to other assisted living homes where the staff was simply just mean. But at Dogwood Forest they seemed to deeply care about, and for, the residents. The building itself seemed to be fairly new and was exceptionally clean. Everytime I visited my grandpa there seemed to be several people cleaning.

From Dogwood Forest of Alpharetta

Welcome to Dogwood Forest of Alpharetta. Alpharetta's premier assisted living community. Ideally situated in historic downtown Alpharetta, a town filled with unique shops and boutique restaurants, is Dogwood Forest of Alpharetta, a pillar in the community and a local leader in assisted living and memory care services. Purposefully designed with understated elegance and function in mind, Dogwood Forest was created specifically with all of the details that have been clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in the health and lives of seniors. From its ample living and function areas—to its beautiful outdoor spaces, Dogwood Forest of Alpharetta offers all the superb amenities, services & care you would want in a assisted living. The community features an array of amenities including spacious apartments, two kitchen bistros for resident use, a cafe', physical therapy center, a salon, and multiple sun porches & gardens. With our amenities, services and active social calendar-and it’s no question why our residents love to call Dogwood Forest home.

Services

Catering to both assisted living, memory care, and temporary stays, Dogwood Forest offers unmatched services that is as individualized as the unique needs of each its residents. We understand and relate to the needs and concerns of our residents and families-- whether it’s providing a little extra care, educating families on memory care –or assisting them with navigating their financial options. The infrastructure of our community ---our people, our buildings & grounds, and our services & programs are the foundation of the what we call the Dogwood Forest Difference. Our efforts are always intentional. And that intention is to create the optimal living environment and one that is clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in seniors. That’s all part of the Dogwood Forest Difference.

What makes us special: Dogwood Forest’s approach is backed by clinical data—data that shows that living environments significantly influences the health outcomes and welfare of seniors. We provide an ideal living environment that fosters hope, healing, independence, security and life quality ensuring that each of our residents met their highest living potential. Our optimistic caregiver, staff, and administrators work together continuously to generate the services and companionship that are staples within the Dogwood Forest Living Environments. We are a resource to our residents, families, community and senior service profession. Come and experience the Dogwood Forest Difference.

Features of Dogwood Forest of Alpharetta

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): PCH007894