Woodland Terrace at the Oaks

1263 S. Cedar Crest Boulevard, Allentown, PA, 18103

Reviews of Woodland Terrace at the Oaks

November 30, 2015

By Amy117181850

So far we’ve been very happy with Woodland Terrace. They’re very caring and call all of the time to give us updates on how my mother-in-law is doing. It’s a really nice experience. They offer activities for the residents and take them out shopping with nursing assistants to the mall. She is in a private room with her own bathroom and sitting area. The staff is very nice. My mother-in-law smokes, and the staff will take her outside whenever she wants to have a cigarette, so we've found them to be very accommodating.

February 07, 2015

By Twin Two

We placed both of my parents in this facility. We are fortunate to have a family member who specializes in senior care case work. She selected this facility for us based on her expertise and research. And that just goes to show that "data" don't amount to a hill of beans. If your parent needs help with washing, eating, meds, special diet needs, daily cleanliness of personal apartments- any level of additional above being totally self sufficient DO NOT use Woodlands. There is drastic staff over turn, and they have been understaffed for the 2 yrs we have known the place.. 2 floors of residents are watched over each night by just 2 staff members. There is no 24 hour nurse. Dad passed away during their care. Mom gets moved out now.

October 18, 2014

By Caring96561950

We visited several places, but my aunt favored Woodland Terrace. It was so much nicer. It was very clean. The people were nicer also and they were more professional. The residents themselves were so friendly. The rooms were a very nice size. They had a nice bathroom with a shower. They had a little efficiency kitchen in them even though they had the dining room downstairs. Their dining area was very bright and cheery. It reminded you of a beautiful hotel. When we came there around 10:30 in the morning, there were quite a few things going on and I thought that was pretty good. They were baking a cake and some were talking about religion. I would go there.

July 29, 2014

My father-in-law was in Woodland Terrace for a month, and they were very nice. It was very clean, and I thought it was a great place. The rooms were large. I would say that the care was very good.

June 27, 2014

By Debbie71228150

Woodland Terrace is wonderful. The food is fabulous, and the staff is OK. My mother-in-law needs little to no care. They've been OK. It's been better since she has adjusted. She has mild dementia, so she really thinks of it as home now. She's very happy. They have daily exercise activities, pet therapy, and outings to different restaurants and different department stores. They have very nice socials.

Photos of Woodland Terrace at the Oaks

Services & Amenities of Woodland Terrace at the Oaks

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4300/month

• Licenses: Licensed PCH

About Woodland Terrace at the Oaks

Woodland Terrace at the Oaks is conveniently located in an upscale medical and professional park across from Lehigh Valley Hospital. Our residents enjoy stunning views of the Fish Hatchery and the convenience of having top-notch physicians and specialty medical practices close by.

At Woodland Terrace at the Oaks, you can chat over a cup of coffee in our bistro or simply kick back and read a good novel in our library. You’ll meet new friends, be pampered by a dedicated staff. We encourage you to take advantage of a full range of services that will make your life secure and independent.

Our dining experience includes delicious meals served restaurant style by our friendly team. Experience the elegance of a fine hotel through our décor and fully furnished accommodations. We also offer generous transportation services to shopping malls, restaurants and local areas of entertainment. Come find out why so many people call Woodland Terrace at the Oaks home.

Our secured memory care residence provides an atmosphere that is relaxing, comfortable and safe. We provide assistance with all activities of daily living, including activities throughout the day and three nutritious, delicious meals a day.

Further, we have adopted Validation Therapy as a means to engage our memory care residents. What is “Validation?” To validate someone is to say that his or her feelings are genuine, powerful and deserve to be heard, understood and accepted. It is to show someone that his or her thoughts, opinions and memories are important and deserve attention and respect. To validate a disoriented older person is to do this with empathy. We employ proven principles and techniques, and therefore can assist our residents in releasing pent up emotions, expressing inner needs and resolving unfinished life tasks.

Fun-For-All Activities

We go out of our way to offer activities that will be fun for all our residents and their families. Our Woodland Terrace van or wheelchair accessible bus is available to take people shopping and planned outings in the community. We always plan a leaf-peeping tour during our fall foliage season. Families are often welcome to join us on these outings – just ask!

At Woodland Terrace at the Oaks, residents are understood and loved for what they have accomplished in the past, and who they are today. We are able to do that because everyone here, from the Executive Director to our Resident Dog, was chosen based on their commitment to our principles. The most important of these is having a “serving heart.”

Because of our unique community design, combined with the experience and personalities of our staff, our residents receive care that is unlike anything else available. We look forward to talking with you and your family about what makes us so special.

Map of Woodland Terrace at the Oaks