Brookdale Alhambra

1 East Commonwealth, Alhambra, CA, 91801

Reviews of Brookdale Alhambra

Nisa May 12, 2015

The lady that was supposed to meet us at Brookdale Alhambra was not there, and she assigned some maintenance guy to greet us and show us around. During the tour, I saw two residents needing help, but no one was around. She kept asking him, and he just ignored her. I will give it only a 1. It looked really bad.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Alhambra did not meet your expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

Aldith January 13, 2015

Brookdale Alhambra was a very clean place. The food was great. The pastries and the dessert were fine. The rooms were huge, and that's a plus. Regarding the staff, they were very friendly people. They have a lot of activities. They even have a computer room which nobody else has. They have lots of other amenities. It was a very beautiful place. I would recommend this place to anybody. I was really impressed with the building and the food. The room looked like a home. From the outside, it didn't look like an apartment. There was lots of room.

Caring95492450 October 19, 2014

My mom is at Emeritus. She has only been there a few weeks. The people that work there seem very helpful and very nice. My mom seems to like it. They do Bible studies and exercising. She has gone to bingo. She has a pretty good size room.

Caring9682 June 30, 2014

Emeritus at Alhambra had a very good setup. My friend's aunt was very happy there. It was an older apartment, but she was comfortable, and she was happy there, which was most important. It isn't what you would call a modern place, except that it was well kept up and clean, and it was OK.

Caring72839250 October 30, 2013

Emeritus at Alhambra is in a good location. The rooms were big enough and they provide three meals a day. The staff are also nice, but the layout of the place is terrible.

Robert T. October 22, 2013

Emeritus was very well laid out. The rooms were clean and well kept. There were elevators there, too. It seemed like everybody who was there seemed happy and content. It was a very nice place but they wanted too much money.

l1cocbdd April 05, 2013

I frequently visit someone at this facility and have also noticed the reek of urea in the halls and rooms. The friend that i visit says the food is okay, but the staff is very uncaring and very uninformed. When I've asked the front desk or any other staff member for something, they never provide him with what was requested.. instead they make up vague reasons why the request can't be fulfilled. He tells me they treat him the same way for anything. The facility is very outdated, they don't even have wifi. The shuttle they have only goes to select locations such as drug stores, but not even grocery stores or anything else. There is no shop on site for the tenants to buy anything at all. There is someone onsite that assists with personal care such as facial shaving and trimming, who's schedule of operations is unknown whenever my friend has asked the front desk. He is in desperate need of a haircut and facial shaving too, but nobody their cares, it just grows all unkept. I've asked around and have only heard negative feedback from the other tenants too. I am in the process of getting him transferred out of that place.

VeraG August 21, 2012

This place is, by and large, just awful. I wish I could control whether or not my aunt lived there; the food sucks-- most of what my aunt wanted to talk about during my most recent visit was how awful and bland the food was there! She says she's not sure how food could be both so tasteless and bad tasting at the same time. Additionally, they got rid of their lobby-- now instead of being able to sit together and socialize in a sort of "main area"/living room type of space, my aunt and her friends at Emeritus Senior Living have to be sequestered off to their rooms (which don't lend themselves well to hanging out in groups, ugh!) For all of my complaints about the terrible food and missing lobby, I have to give a shout-out to the service staff. My aunt has had nothing but nice things to say about them, and they are always very considerate during our visits.

Tim3 June 30, 2012

This facility is in a wonderful location within the city of Alhambra. It is close to the main parts of the city such as restaurants and markets. The accommodations are spacious but may seem to be a little outdated. The building inside is not as clean as I would like it and the smell in the air is not so fresh. The staff took a little too long to provide a tour for us which is something they could improve on. Also, The person giving the tour was not able to answer some of the question I had which i later learned the answers from in the brochure i got from them. The other residents did not seem to be too happy living there either; They seem to be not alert and responsive when I tried to talk to them about the facility. Although this place is in a wonderful location, the staff and accommodations are not to my expectations and I ultimately decided not to have my loved one live here.

aa0715 April 07, 2012

It was a very good institution. I liked the area it was placed, right in downtown Alhambra. I liked the fact that they are conveniently located close to doctor offices, the city hall, libraries, and a few restaurants. The patients there seemed content with their stay. They are also near a few parks, which I think is also nice. The area seemed relatively calm and a good area to place a nursing home. They had great customer service and it all the employees had a great attitude and seemed like they enjoyed their career. They seemed very respectful to go along with it. The language barrier was also not a problem, their staff seemed to speak fluent spanish. Overall it was a great experience.

jason728 July 28, 2011

the staff seem friendly and helpful,but when asked to clean stains on the carpet or take out the trash ,the work is not adequately done or is not performed at all. the food is just so so. needs to be more appetizing. social activity is adequate,but would need more encouragement from the staff and only then would i recommend the emeritus to others.

I'm very sorry to hear that your tour was anything less than positive. We truly appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your experience. We take every suggestion to heart and do everything we can to fix any problem brought to our attention.

We are dedicated to providing the very best for our seniors. I notified the community and senior leadership about all of your concerns and we will be sure to get this resolved.

Please feel free to contact us at http://www.emeritus.com/ethics or call us at (800) 429-4828. We would love to speak with you further about your experience and how we will ensure that your next experience with Emeritus is a positive one.

Thank you, Lori at Emeritus Senior Living

From Brookdale Alhambra

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Alhambra