Sunrise at Mount Vernon

8033 Holland Road, Alexandria, VA, 22306

Reviews of Sunrise at Mount Vernon

Caring97159850 November 01, 2014

Sunrise at Mount Vernon has a memory care center. I visited this place for my mom. My visit was wonderful. They have a very caring staff. They followed up with me. What I like about this facility was that it was right next to the hospital, and they have a memory care facility. This place was very clean. It was very nice and clean. The yard and the landscape were up-to-date. The rooms were good; they were large.

edk September 23, 2014

We are going to Sunrise at Mount Vernon because, first of all, it is owned by a big organization that also owns 5 hospitals in this area, so the bad name of Sunrise for financial problems don't exist there, and it is right on the same property as a hospital. It is across the street from a whole slew of doctors -- a couple of which we have used -- and then it is the closest one to the house with the exception of the one on Duke Street. They just turned a whole section that used to be assisted living into memory care, so everything in it is new, and they had first class furniture, it is just very nice. I haven't tried the food, but that is not a big problem for my wife.

vamaster October 06, 2012

I would have like to see more one on one time with the people living there. Most seemed understimulated and very lonely. Our group was a special occasion, maybe more outside entertainment would help. The healthcare at this facility seemed to be better then the social care. All patients seemed coherent and none seemed overly drugged or medicated. Overall Most of the elderly in this facility seemed to be taken very well care of and be overall rather content with there lives here. I would consider this facility for one of my loved ones if the need ever did arise. I would feel safe and comfortable knowing they would be taken care of.

jimmcva August 05, 2011

Well maintained facility with supportive staff. Does charge for every service

From Sunrise at Mount Vernon

Located just minutes from Route 1 and the Mount Vernon Memorial Parkway, Sunrise at Mount Vernon sits in a neighborhood setting on the campus of Inova Mount Vernon Hospital. We pride ourselves in our affiliation with Inova Health System and our close proximity to area medical offices.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Located just minutes from Route 1 and the Mount Vernon Memorial Parkway, Sunrise at Mount Vernon sits in a neighborhood setting on the campus of Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, conveniently near area medical offices. Our community not only offers assisted living, but also a special memory loss care Reminiscence neighborhood for those suffering from Alzheimer's or other forms of related dementia.

Features of Sunrise at Mount Vernon

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise at Mount Vernon