The Montebello on Academy Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.3

October 22, 2014

By Adele1

Could not be better. P/T took a 91 year old in 5 weeks from a broken hip and broken spirit to going home with a smile. Thank you all.

Adele, thank you so much for your feedback. We strive to create a positive, successful environment here at The Montebello. We are pleased you had such a rewarding experience.

July 20, 2014

By De14321

My Dad lived at the Montebello on Academy from October 2013 til February 2014. He lived in the assisted living section. The Montebello was outstanding. The staff is loving, caring and very good. They offer many activities everyday, including weekends. The aides that bathed him, cared for him on a daily basis were great. I would not recommend using the in house doctor at this facility. I found him to be rude and grossly negligent. But that is a choice families can make. It is expensive but as with these facilities, you get what you pay for. While he was dying, the care from the staff and residents was incredible. So much support, hugs and genuine caring for me and him. At the twilight of his life he was well cared for and he was loved by the staff. I am grateful I was able to have him live there. I will add ; I was there everyday. I found that even with the best care only a family member can oversee your loved one care.

July 19, 2014

By Phil Nelson

My Mother was a skilled nursing patient at the Montebello for about 4 months. The care was truly exceptional and the food was excellent. The nurses were very good and the CNA's worked their fannies off. I highly recommend the Skilled Nursing department at this facility.

April 21, 2014

The Montebello on Academy was extremely good. We were very impressed with it, and they gave us a good tour. It was extremely clean and nice. The menu looked good. The rooms that we saw seemed to be laid out well. It looked like you could be comfortable in them, just not with a lot of stuff. It kind of reminded me of a cruise atmosphere. They had a bar and a little theater. They seemed very nice, except for one floor where the show room was, the smoke had stuck and it had a terrible odor from smoking.

We are delighted that you found your personal visit to The Montebello to be impressive, We appreciate the comparison to a cruise ship as our goal is to have excellent customer service, Five Star Hospitality and a full calendar of recreational and social opportunities. We are concerned that you noticed a smoke odor in that area. We are currently in the process of becoming a smoke free community. I would be pleased to discuss that process and the time line for completion with you.

Aaron Rance, Executive Director

November 22, 2013

By Caring71982150

The Montebello on Academy is my facility of choice. I like their apartments, it's very nice. I also like their services. I could afford it. The food is always good every time I’ve been there and it's healthy. I have a good friend that lives there. I would recommend this facility very highly. I like the way it’s managed and the cleanliness of the place. They have lots of activities like movies and card games. Periodically, they take bus trips to various places. I especially like their evening dinner service. They have waiters and waitresses. They have tablecloths, cloth napkins, it’s very nice. I noticed too that in the evenings the people come in a little more dressed up. The staff seemed to be good. The rooms are of reasonable size, some are larger than others. The bedroom has lots of closet space and it also has a patio.

October 25, 2013

Montebello was very, very nice. It was very up to date, bright and cheery. The rooms were wonderful. They also had activities for the residents. However, we couldn't afford it at that time.

September 25, 2013

By Lovely Wife

From all the facilities I've visited, I probably would like The Montebello on Academy the best, but it is also more expensive. The people there looked happy. The marketing staff that I've talked to were very nice and very accommodating. The rooms were. It was my favorite place of all. The facility is generally situated in a pleasant location and they have some nice outdoor facility.

July 25, 2013

By GloriaV

The Montebello on Academy was a beautiful facility. They just have about everything that you could imagine in terms of care. Their staff was very friendly. The common areas were not any better than any other facilities that I saw. I also looked at their two-bedroom apartment, there was not a lot of space and there was no full kitchen. For the price, it was not worth it. It was a beautiful facility, however, it was way too expensive for me.

June 27, 2013

By Caring 7546

We were pleased with The Montebello and it's in the neighborhood. It's a large facility and they offer other levels of care like independent living and skilled nursing. It's clean.

February 19, 2013

By Roy3

The Montebello On Academy was a very nice facility. The staff seemed all to be professional. It was a beautiful facility with a beautiful reception area. They had shuttle buses for the residents if they have to go places and they had several wings for different levels of care. But the cost is a little bit high.

October 29, 2012

By Eshow

My grandmother was staying in this facility and seemed to really enjoy her stay there. After worsening physical health and some illness, we opted for an assisted living facility, as taking care of her began to be overwhelming and put stress on everyone. I must admit we were uneasy about the decision at first, having heard assisted living horror stories, but we had a very positive experience from the get go. The staff was understanding and welcoming, walking us through every step of the process and assuring we felt that our grandmother was to be well taken care of. My grandmother came to be very confortable there rather quickly, made some friends and was even able to have some fun. Concerned about what went on when I was out of sight, I asked my grandmother frequently how everybody was treated there. Still being very much coherent of mind, just ill in bodily health, my grandmother explained thoroughly that she was comfortable and happy there, and that very much put me at ease.

July 30, 2012

By JMARTIN1

The Montebello at academy is like no other retirement home I have ever seen. It is literally built like a resort style condominium homes with a scenic view of the mountains. The bedrooms span the size of a well sized apartment or condo, the bathrooms have amazing decor and the living areas are wonderfully laid out. The staff seem to be a cross between personal maids, chauffeurs, bellhops, chefs, personal trainers and medical professionals. The food is to DIE for. There are even holiday dishes offered amongst chef specialty dishes at the same time all year round. Unfortunately the prices are very steep and definitely not affordable to the average person, we were not able to place my mother in law here but if we were ever to have the money and need the cream of the crop this would be the place. It's like no place I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few of these communities since cancer and dementia are both prevalent diseases running through both sides of our families. Whomever runs this facility deserves an award of some sorts.

June 30, 2012

By dmuzio

Recently I had to put my husband in this facility due to his illness. It was quite overwelming for me to take care ofhim on my own. The location is perfect. I live right across the street in an apartment complex and the staff is very welcoming. I can visit every day... The stores are really close less than 2 blocks away. he is vet and uses the VA facility and they have no problems taking him to his appts. As well the staff is very understanding to each patients needs and are there for them . I personaly would not have him in there if I did not feel comfortable . He also feels comfortable and has been more relaxed since his move 6 months ago

October 20, 2011

By jsolo

I have visited and performed at Montabello Assisted Living home and my experience with it was a very pleasant one. The place was very nice and the staff seemed to be very enthusiastic and really in to helping their residence. While I was there I noticed they were doing a few different things with their residence like bingo, arts and crafts, and some card games. I think the place seemed like a place I would send my grandmother if she needed to be in a assisted living place like that one. The only thing I didn't like about the place was the smell. This could be just something you get with all assisted living places, but that was really the only thing I can say I did not like about the place. I was in a good area of town and all the residence seemed to like where they were and didn't seem agitated in any way. The main thing I liked was that the staff seemed to be very in tune with all the residence and knew all of them by name and the attitudes with each one. I believe this helps with the comfort level of older people because it shows that the people taking care of them do actually care for them. Overall the Montabello assisted living home was a good one.

June 05, 2011

By TwinkleSigis

Friend or relative of resident

The Montebello on Academy is a beautiful facility. My grandmother lived in the independent living section for two years. It was a wonderful experience for both her and our family. There were many activities to choose from such as a daily happy hour, bridge, bingo, discussion groups, and outside activities. The restaurant is fabulous with wonderful food and a daily changing menu. The staff is kind, respectful and helpful. They know each of the residents on a personal level and really do care for the residents. The independent living facility was great because she had her own space, belongings, and could maintain independence. It was like living in a hotel. Even if she didn't feel like eating she could order room service for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also, the friends that she made there were wonderful and came from all walks of life. She maintained those friendships throughout her entire stay there. When my grandmother started having trouble on her own, we made the decision to move her to the assisted care. It was so nice that we could stay in the same facility but just up the care. It wasn't as nice as the independent living. The people living in the assisted living eat in a separate dining room. Frankly, it is quite depressing there. She had to share a room with a stranger and lost all privacy. She declined quickly and had to move to the nursing home section. That place is pretty good. The nursing care was good, but a little understaffed. She lived there in hospice care for only a few weeks till she passed. Overall it is a great facility. It is really pricy but you get what you pay for.

Let Us Search For You

Features of The Montebello on Academy

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Coffee Shop
    • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Psychiatric Care

• Spanish

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 8

• Licenses: 1079 and 2163

About The Montebello on Academy

The Montebello on Academy offers compassionate senior care in Albuquerque, NM. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Montebello on Academy shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Albuquerque, NM.

Excellent reputation for outstanding care and services. We are the premier senior living community in the area.

Map of The Montebello on Academy