Palmilla Senior Living

10301 Golf Course Road NW, Albuquerque, NM, 87114

Reviews of Palmilla Senior Living

David111220650 August 21, 2015

My father-in-law was recently taken there in Palmilla Senior Living. It was a great place, and I was very impressed with it. They had all kinds of activities for him. He paid a little more money to be a part of a club situation. He spent a lot of time with a certain number of people in this club. He was acquainted with them. They did a lot of activities together, and he needed that because had Alzheimer's. All of the different aspect of the facility was terrific.

They had lots of activities there. They had a two-year anniversary party for the residents who had been there for two years. They had movies almost nightly. They had a pizza party there for my father-in-law, and some of our family showed up. They had different kinds of places to eat. He was in a private room. It was studio. It was very nice. He had a small bathroom, a small kitchen where he could heat stuff and that kind of thing. I liked that the staff was very caring for him. They were very concerned about him falling once while he was there, so they restricted him wheelchair only. It was beautiful facility. Everything was well kept and clean. I would recommend it.

Caring107471450 June 01, 2015

I went to Palmilla Senior Living, and it's a 5-star place and very expensive. Even though I didn’t have any appointment, they still took me on a tour, and that amazed me. The place is really amazing. The staff who toured me was very nice and informative. She told me a lot of things that they did there. They have two different restaurants -- one for assisted living and one for people that have memory issues. They a have place where people get together for happy hours. They have a theater, and their rooms are really nice.

Marion19 December 17, 2014

I found Palmilla Senior Living online. The staff did a very nice tour and answered any questions that we had. The apartments and the dining room were very pleasant. They have exercises, card activities, movies, and transportation. It seemed to be a quite open and very pleasant surrounding.

SWHelen May 12, 2014

My family and I visited Palmilla recently. Since is a new community of course everything looks good. A few days later I ran into a friend of mine at church and she was telling me that her family moved their mom out of Palmilla because the care was awful. Her mom lived there for 2 months and was constantly being left in her room, twice they gave her the wrong medications and weren't checking on her like they were supposed to. After numerous meeting with the nurse and management they finally had to move her. She said that It was hard sleeping at night not knowing if she was being taking care of. After speaking with my friend we decided to cross Palmilla off our list.

Sandra44 February 28, 2014

What I really like about Palmilla is that they have a memory care unit. When I took the tour, I was impressed how they had it designed and set up. They did have the same kind of friendly service as with the other facility. However, they were more business-oriented. Nevertheless, they were able to keep the friendliness. The atmosphere was good. I wasn't able to see a room, so that was an inconvenience. They did not have a room cleared in which I can go and look. The only thing I could tell about this facility was that this was more aimed for the well-off people. It was very fancy, very nice and very exclusive.

susiequeu February 01, 2014

My mother has been here since July 2013. It's like living in a hotel-brand new, good food, lots of activities, transportation, helpful and nice staff. I can come and go at any time to visit her. I do think the assisted living costs are a little bit high, though. I would recommend Palmilla. My mother is has her own apt and is pretty happy there.

Martha25 January 12, 2014

Palmilla is a beautiful facility. I would absolutely recommend this place. It's brand new and it's very clean. The rooms were quite beautiful. They have all these handicap accessibility necessary in a bathtub and in the bathroom. What I also like about this facility is that they have many activities and they even have gardening. They also do exercises and video. They even have a little movie theatre. They have nurses in the facility as well as doctors coming in. They invited us for lunch and my mother loves the food. It was delicious. Their dining room is almost restaurant style. They give you a menu for your food selection.

From Palmilla Senior Living

Palmilla Senior Living offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Dementia / Memory Care. We promote independent living as much as possible. That means we put our residents' needs and wishes first, giving them the autonomy they need to enjoy their retirement. Community activities are central to fostering independent living. At Palmilla Senior Living , we offer many activities to help our residents get the most out of independent living. Our seven-acre community has a greenhouse and outdoor gardening areas, a gourmet demonstration kitchen, a theater with surround sound for movies and entertainment, meeting rooms for clubs and games and several fireplace lounges. We also have a state-of-the art fitness center and offer fitness, flexibility and wellness classes. At Palmilla Senior Living , we strive to give our residents the best in retirement living. In addition to amenities and activities, our community features At Your Service℠ hospitality. Our staff helps our residents transition to our community through packing and moving assistance. Once our residents have settled in, we help them with day-to-day tasks and chores, alleviating hassles that can get in the way of enjoying retirement.

We offer anytime dining, so our independent residents can enjoy a meal when it is convenient for them. We are also located close to shopping, and hospitals.

Features of Palmilla Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,555/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Financial guidance extra: Medicaid not accepted
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2227