Reviews of Camino Retirement Apartments
Martha544155 November 20, 2016
I visited this facility
I didn’t think Camino Retirement Apartments was very patient-friendly. They seemed to me like they didn’t care whether the patients needed help. Maybe it was the time of day that I went. Everybody was busy, but people were looking for nurses, and it just hit me the wrong way.
The 1-bedroom suite was a little bigger, but it was a lot higher, too. The lady that took me around was very friendly. She kept telling me that everything would work out OK. The food was horrible. It looked like it was a leftover from a couple of days. They threw a bunch of it together and served it up.
Katrina508212 August 23, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
That staff at Camino Retirement wasn’t very helpful to my dad and the building wasn’t in great shape. The people seemed pleasant enough, but they didn’t really interact with anybody. It had a basic cafeteria.
Caringdaughter01 October 31, 2015
I visited this facility
We visited Camino Retirement Apartments. We're very pleased with the staff and the cleanliness and everything that we saw. The rooms were very nice, very spacious, and very clean. It was overall a very good experience, and I was very pleasantly surprised. They had two floors and an elevator. The dining rooms were very nice, not really large, but very well-accommodated. They do bus them to Walmart or to the movies or wherever they would like to go. It was a little bit older facility, but it was very nice.
Thank you for providing such detailed feedback on your tour. We take great pride in making Camino feel like "home." All the items you mentioned — cleanliness, friendly staff, a nice dining room and transportation — are key elements. We hope to welcome you to our community soon!
From Camino Retirement Apartments
Thank you for your interest in Camino Retirement Apartments.
Camino has served the community since 1972, when it became Albuquerque’s first Retirement Center. We have remained at the same convenient location just east of Juan Tabo, with great views of the East Mountains, the spectacular sunsets and brilliant city lights.
Camino offers two Retirement Living options: Independent and Assisted Living. Both options include several amenities. With our licensed Assisted Care Program, additional personalized care is provide 24 hours a day by attendants who help with resident’s daily activities.
Camino offers a comfortable lifestyle at a reasonable price. There is no buy-In fee and our leases are month to month. We invite you to compare!
- Three delicious meals everyday served directly to the table with special menus on holidays
- Medication reminders and supervision
- Attendants on duty 24 hours
- Mealtime reminders/escorts
- Assistance with hygiene, grooming and dressing
- Emergency alert system
- Daily housekeeping services
- Daily linen service
- Personal laundry service
- Individual climate control
- Full private bath
- Utilities (except cable and phone)
- Scheduled transportation
- Full calendar of activities
- 24 hour emergency call system
- Beautifully decorated TV lounge
- Special entertainment weekly
- Beauty and Barber shop
- Spacious dining rooms
- Free laundry facility
- Ample parking for visitors
What Makes Us Special
Camino Retirement Community is locally owned and operated, helping to foster a "warm and comforting" environment for its residents. Camino is managed by Executive Director CJ Patterson whose family has a long tenure in the senior care industry. Come visit for yourself to see why residents happily call Camino "home."
Features of Camino Retirement Apartments
- Medication Management
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- TV room
- Parking for residents
- 24-hour security gate
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals delivered to residents' rooms
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Wii sports competition
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- We charge an entry fee
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Minimum rate: $2,395/month
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- We offer respite care (short term stays)
- Minimum age: 55
- Licenses: New Mexico Department of Health
- State License(s): 5882
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
Location of Camino Retirement Apartments
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities