Atria Vista Del Rio

1620 Indian School Road NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87102

Reviews of Atria Vista Del Rio

Jeanne31 December 21, 2015

Atria Vista del Rio was a very nice, small community, so the ratio between residents and the caregivers was pretty small. I was invited to a meal, but it was breakfast time and I'd already eaten. They said that I could always come back. The dining room was light and open, not dark and in a corner or anything like that. They served me chocolate chip cookies. I was impressed.

Anonymous112101050 August 27, 2015

Atria Vista del Rio was a great place and if I am able to get my mother into an assisted living place, this is probably the place I would choose. It was a good facility, and it was a thorough visit. They had almost everything that I could think of. They had a lot of different places for people to go; there were movies and things like that. They have the three regular meals a day, and then they have an option for people to get other meals whenever they need them. They take people to their doctors' appointments, and they also have people that visit.

Caring107471450 June 01, 2015

We found the staff of Atria Vista del Rio to be very informative, and they were really nice. They showed my mom the facilities. The rooms are really nice, and my mom really liked it. She really liked the place. The food and their service were very good. The people were very nice. The place is very clean as well. I know they have activities in there, but I am familiar with them. They have a place where you can go watch movies, and they have a beauty shop. They have a bus, and they take you wherever you need to go.

Caring106197550 May 13, 2015

One of the things we liked about the Atria Vista del Rio was that the independent can become assisted without moving to a different room. It was excellent. This is where I would recommend they go when my parents are ready. They are accommodating to the levels of care where it's different for the spouses. If they had different levels, they can still stay together without moving to a different room unless you need memory care, and even there, if one needs memory care and the other doesn't, there is an option for them to still live together and was a big plus. I liked the way that their activity rooms were set up and some of the activities that they had like an ice-cream parlor where people were sitting around playing games, and I also liked their any time dining and dining room options.

Teresa41 February 11, 2015

The facility meets our expectations. Atria Vista Del Rio doesn't seem to be different from what we expected at all. They have a one-bedroom, and they have a studio type. They have their own furniture, TV, and telephone. Of course there is a bathroom and a kitchenette. The staff is very friendly. There are board games, cards, and puzzles for activities.

anonymous101038950 January 24, 2015

Atria Vista del Rio was probably not very clear on their policies upfront. My dad was in there for two weeks, and they decided that he could no longer stay there because he had dementia. He would wonder around and get in places that he should not be in. They said they could not have that, and they kicked him out.

The staff was OK. The facility was very nice, and it seemed to be clean. My dad was a picky eater, but the food seemed to be OK. They just need to make their policies clear upfront.

We apologize if there was any miscommunication regarding our policies upfront. As much as it saddens us when one of our residents exceeds the highest level of care we provide and has to relocate, we understand that it is in their best interest when we cannot safely care for their needs. If we can be of further service to you and your family or you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, please reach out to us directly via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and kindly include “Atria Vista Del Rio” in your subject line so we may quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We wish you and your dad the best!

Deborah100322950 January 16, 2015

Everyone at Atria Vista del Rio was very nice. I visited with the director, and she gave my mother brownies as a gift. It was one of the nicer places I have visited. It was just gorgeous and a really nice facility. There was nothing wrong with it except the price. The price was a bit higher for what we needed.

Paul100336150 January 13, 2015

Atria Vista Del Rio is very nice and beautiful. It is just that it is in Albuquerque. It is the only thing that didn't work for us. We just opted for something closer to home. But it does have everything. It is a little bit more independent living though. It wouldn't really have worked well with my father in that respect either because he needs a bit more structure. The staff is great. It's just that we have to go with what works best for our situation.

Viola2 August 15, 2014

I felt that Atria was very, very nice. However, I just felt that it was more of an adult community rather than an assisted living community. I just didn't see as many skilled staff helping residents as we did at other smaller facilities. Nevertheless, Atria was a very, very beautiful place. As a matter of fact, I would like to go there when I get old. However, I just felt that this wasn't what my mother needed. It was very large and it had many rooms. There was more than one level. I just felt that I wanted something with a single level and something a little smaller. The dining area was beautiful. They gave you a menu to choose your own food. The day that we went, the only activity that we noticed were Bible classes. They also had a room that had a movie theater and an ice cream parlor. It was a very, very nice place.

Caring89698650 July 25, 2014

The Atria didn't have anything available for another week. I didn't like the location of it either. It's very close to all the interstates there. They were very accommodating. They showed me a room. It was the room that they show everybody, and she said they could probably move the furniture out, and maybe move him in there, but again it would take some time to do that. They were very friendly.

I didn't see any residents when I was there. You don't walk in and see a bunch of people sitting right there in the lobby. They probably were out doing stuff. I wasn't really that impressed.

Patricia87889650 July 20, 2014

I like Atria Vista Del Rio very much. The surroundings are just beautiful; it has a view of a garden. The staff was great. The rooms were wonderful. The food was very good, and my father liked it.

William43 June 30, 2014

Atria Del Rio is a very fine place to stay. I'm very glad I'm here. The staff are absolutely wonderful. They're very good. The food is excellent, too. We chose it because we had to work with what we could do with our money. The room is just enough. I only have a one-room place. I didn't get the two rooms. But it's totally sufficient. I've met some remarkable people as well.

Caring60957150 June 26, 2014

Atria Vista del Rio was a beautiful place. It was perfectly clean. They started with the assisted living facility, and it was pretty expensive. The dining room and the common area downstairs were beautiful. The dining area was airy and pretty. The person who gave me a tour was quite lovely.

Eileen12 April 26, 2014

The Atria is the best place that I looked at. Everybody is as kind and courteous as could be. The rooms are very clean and spacious. They have all kinds of things going on all the time. My dad is much happier than he had been before. I would say that they were the best quality of care at the lowest price, from what I found.

Kimberly7 March 27, 2014

Atria Vista del Rio is a very nice facility, and it was set up very nicely for my mother, and she was very happy about it. The rooms were very nice. I think my only complaint was that the accounting people lost my mother's check, and so I had to go in and cancel her banking account and re-open a new banking account, and they offered us a special deal when we first got her in there, and then the deal was not reflected on her first bill. The people in the dining hall and the housekeeping staff were very nice and very good.

Thank you for your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that your mother is happy at our community. Please accept our apologies for the misplacement of her check and any inconvenience you experienced as a result. I do hope that your issue was resolved regarding the first bill and I welcome you to reach out should you have any further billing or payment questions. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including "Atria Vista del Rio" in your subject line; we are always happy to help!

Barbara78361950 February 13, 2014

Atria is very nice and it’s the only one mom would really love. They have a variety of activities available for the residents. They can grow plants outside and they have a courtyard for that. They can see movies in a kind of movie theatre. Their director of marketing was terrific. What I really like and what’s good for my mom was they had an open kitchen when it’s not meal time so she will have the opportunity to eat whenever she wants to.

WI February 05, 2014

I really like Atria, and would have liked to see my mother in law and brother in law there, but felt it was too far away for them. We live in a smaller community out of town, and this facility was "on the other side" of town, making the likelihood of my brother in law being comfortable driving to see us very unlikely. I could see myself there, but not my family.

Caring75543050 January 31, 2014

Atria was a beautiful place. It was very clean. It had good food and the dining was gorgeous. One of their qualities that impressed me was that they had a crew that moved her in and we didn't have to pay extra for that. We just called and a truck came, took her stuffs and moved her in. That was really nice and big plus for that place. It had lots of activities choices and things to do. I really liked it.

The rooms were nice. She was able to stay there only for a week and they allowed her to have her dogs there. She started out in a one-bedroom apartment because they didn't have a studio available and our goal was to place her in a studio, the smaller, the better. They only had one-bedroom, but they charged us for a studio price, which was nice and told us that if a studio became available we could move her in. We were going to move her to a studio. But her dog was tearing up the place and she wouldn't let anyone in to take care for her. So, we had to move her out. The staff was fine. However, I thought they were overworked. They seemed stressed out. They made little comments that made me think that a lot was expected of them and there weren't enough of them. The facility was also too big for her and they couldn't get to her quick enough when she needed help.

Francis5 January 30, 2014

We went to visit Atria Vista Del Rio and we liked it very much, but we feel that she needs more personalized care and my husband and I can give it to her. It's a lovely place. It seemed like they had plenty of activities for the clients that were there and the fact that they have the patio and they grow their own vegetables, it's beautiful. You can go to the dining room anytime during the day and order something to eat at any time.

Pat43 December 30, 2013

Atria Vista Del Rio is a very large facility. In fact it was so large that I felt you could get lost easily. They have beautiful grounds and garden, but it just seemed shabby. Looking at it from the outside, it's a nice looking facility. It has extensive gardens and night landscaping. I do remember the rooms had large closets.

Caring72395550 October 25, 2013

My mom is in Atria Vista Del Rio. The room that we selected is adequate for her. The downfall is that it is a bit far from the dining area but it is clean. The staff is friendly. The lady that gives us the tour is very pleasant and she answers all our questions. She helps us through everything in getting her accommodated. Also, the executive director is very pleasant and she helps us work through the contract. They have a lot of activities for the clients like church services, bingo, ice cream socials, sing-a-long and exercises. It is easy to get to. Mom seems to be doing okay and she likes the facility.

Frederik1 October 09, 2013

It's been a year now since I came here to Atria Vista Del Rio. I chose this facility because it's the best facility I could find. The facility seemed very attractive. I have a beautiful, magnificent looking apartment. I am quite satisfied here. I was able to bring in my own furniture and my computer. I have a beautiful view of the country side. The service is wonderful. The staff would bring me my medications on a daily basis. They have all kinds of interesting activities like music, movies, and shopping sprees. I would highly recommend this facility.

Lovely Wife September 26, 2013

It's quite a new place. It's very light and bright and pleasant although I must say that the people sitting around in the lobby didn't look very happy. The staff were very nice to me. I like the lightness, brightness, and newness of the facility. I would recommend the facility because I had a good impression of the place.

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you found our community to be welcoming and I apologize that some of our residents were not as upbeat as usual the day you visited. I assure you that most are happy with our community and they stay very involved with the activities and events that we offer. I encourage you to visit us again soon and chat with some of our residents. If we can answer any questions or be of further assistance, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

David37 August 26, 2013

I find this to be very satisfying and pleasant and cheerful and friendly and fair to deal with

GloriaV July 25, 2013

I think Atria was the one that I visited that was the friendliest. I think they have a very nice set-up. I also have no complaints about their cleanliness. The staff there was also very caring.

Dolores3 May 31, 2013

The staff at Atria were very accommodating and they worked well with us. They set us up in a nice patio and offered us anything we wanted to drink. We also tried eating there and the food was delicious. The rooms were nicer than the other place we went to. Some of the activities were bingo, arts and crafts, and also transportation was available. The rate though was more expensive but they offered specials so we might move in there.

Papas*girl April 25, 2012

Atria Vista Del Rio is an assisted living facility in Albuquerque, NM. The facility is very large and has quite a few different departments. While visiting my friend's grandmother, I was given a short tour of the facility by one of the faculty members, who was very informative but seemed to be in a hurry. During the tour I noticed that all of the residents seemed pretty upbeat, which wasn't what I was expecting while visiting. The dining rooms seemed very nice and well kempt which is good because there were so many residents eating at a time. I did not sample the food, but it looked pretty good. Looks can be deceiving, though, and hopefully the residents enjoy it. A lot of the facility was open, so that residents could come and go and it was the first Assisted Living Home I had been to, that was like that, which was very nice. Overall, I would say that the facility was very nice, but also seemed very expensive. My friend's grandmother was in good spirits and that was the best part!

From Atria Vista Del Rio

At Atria Vista del Rio, you'll find a tightly knit community with the support you need to lead an independent life. Enjoy a family-style environment that fosters physical activity and social engagements, including yoga, bridge, educational seminars and a resident-led arts and crafts group. Atria Vista del Rio is in the heart of Albuquerque, near shopping, places of worship and major medical centers.

Atria Vista del Rio offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled local transportation
  • On-site general store
  • Memory Care - Life Guidance®

We offer anytime dining from 7:00AM to 7:00PM. We have many outdoor areas where residents can gather.

Features of Atria Vista Del Rio

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: Studio Deluxe
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: 1