Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

1501 Tijeras Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87106

Reviews of Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

mymomrocks August 06, 2014

They have great staff at this place. My mom lives on the east side in the independent part of the building but lately she has needed help with her medication. When she needed this service, Tony got the staff to start immediately. It was an amazing weight off our shoulders. I have noticed a big positive change in her mental state since this has happened. I am very thankful for all of them.

Good Job everyone John Vigil

Beachwalk180 August 04, 2014

My aunt has lived in this community for over 5 years now and, while changes have occurred, the quality of staff, the care, and the services provided, as well as the commitment of management, has always been great and, if anything, has continued to improve and impress me. I visit my aunt at least 3 times a week, and am always warmly greeted. The staff knows every resident's name and there is a genuine sense of family and caring interaction. The owners, a husband and wife, are frequent visitors and they know their residents and I've watched them happily spend time talking with them. This is not a fancy corporate feeling place - instead it is clean, bright, uplifting place filled with very nice people.

If you asked my Aunt about the place she'd say the same things about it. Like most her age she will complain if things don't meet her expectations, but the worst I've ever heard is that the food is a "little spicy." She likes that they keep the place neat and tidy, and that they clean her apartment as part of her rent. She loves that they also do her laundry because it's too hard for her to do it herself anymore. And she loves the exercise classes.

Recently the owner completely refurnished the main patio and we now love sitting outside in the evenings with her friends. Having spend so much time here, I feel like I have a real sense of the place and am very happy to have my family member here. The staff knows their business, seem to take great pride in working with seniors, and it is clear that, for most of them, this work is a real passion. The place seems to always have work going on to keep it looking nice, and that's good - I want my Aunt to live in a place that has the same pride she does. Nice apartments, nice staff, nice place - great decision for my aunt to move here.

barf October 26, 2013

Very lousy facility. Management refuses to cooperate on certain issues, including a billing dispute. Management puts on a good show when you show interest and want to move in. Once you give them your money you see how ugly they really are. Steer clear of this place folks, do your research before you move your loved ones, and avoid this place. You'll save yourself a lot of hassle.

Albuq October 23, 2013

old facility, very ugly furnishings, bad food, health department always there with complaints, bed bug infestation. Owners do not know how to run facility. Employees treated real bad causing lots of turnover in management.

Larry21 October 05, 2013

Albuquerque Grand was great when my mother went there but it's not that great now. I think it changed owners and some of it is not as good. Every room has a bathroom. Everybody goes down to a general area for meals. The staff are okay. They do laundry and there's a staff there all the time if some people need help.

andstep4 April 18, 2012

The Albuquerque Grand Senior Living Facility is a great one because it has been around for so long. The staff is helpful and they have a genuine passion for the work they do. The facilities are kept clean and room sizes are okay. Compared to other places the meals are decent even though they don't provide a restaurant feel like some there places do. Their rates are competitive and they have nurses and trained professional on site. At Albuquerque Grand Senior Living there is a personable feeling that makes it feel like home. Parking can be a drag because of its proximity to the University of New Mexico and a busy cross street. There are activities and programs abundant for the residents at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living. Seems they have a pretty low turnover rate for employees. Some of the people I met had been working there for years and love what they do. I would recommend this place for one of my love ones.

From Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

There was a time when retirement meant settling into an easy chair and letting other people take care of you. That was then. This is now.

Today’s seniors are sharper, fitter, and more active than ever. They enjoy a robust social life, entertainment and cultural activities. They exercise regularly, eat healthy, take care of their bodies and minds. For today’s seniors, that easy chair might gather a lot of dust … at least at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living. As we believe your retirement years should be the best years of your life.

Retirement should mean freedom. Freedom from the demands of home ownership and maintenance, from the obligation to cook and clean…and worry. Freedom to truly make your retirement years your very best. Maybe you’ll choose Independent Living, where you’ll enjoy the best of both worlds … the privacy and independence of living in your own homey apartment, with all the security and convenience of round-the-clock staffing. If you need a little more assistance, choose the Assisted Living option, and get the extra help you need, so you can experience the quality of life you want.

Independent Living

It’s your life. Live it to the fullest. At Albuquerque Grand Senior Living, you’ll enjoy all the independence, privacy and freedom of living in your own home, but without all the worries that come with it…like home maintenance, extra costs, and personal security. Embrace your freedom.

Albuquerque Grand is located in a beautiful historic neighborhood near downtown Albuquerque, just minutes away from world class medical facilities and physicians’ offices–which should make you feel even better about us if your an adult son or daughter. We’re close to entertainment and shopping, too. In fact, you really couldn’t ask for a more convenient, central location.

Think you’ll be sitting around a lot? Think again. Not a day goes by here without social, cultural and recreational opportunities. You can take advantage of daily walks and a regular exercise program. You’ll make new friends in our beautiful dining room, where we serve three delicious, healthy meals, as well as tasty snacks, every day. There’s even an on-site beauty and barber shop. And you’ll enjoy the little extra conveniences that make life here good…

• Weekly housekeeping services
  • Available on-site washer & dryer
  • Laundry service
  • Free underground parking
  • Regularly scheduled transportation

Finally, you’ll feel secure–and so will your kids–thanks to an emergency call system and 24-hour professional staffing, with personal care available at additional cost.

Sound like your style? Come see for yourself…find out why we don’t call it Albuquerque Grand for nothing!

Assisted Living

Just because you need a little help doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your freedom. That’s what Assisted Living at Albuquerque Grand is all about — making sure you get the help and support you need, so you can enjoy the quality of life you expect.

Our Assisted Living is fully licensed, and offers a complete range of services to assist you or your family member with virtually every aspect of the activities of daily living (often referred to as ADLs). Caregivers on duty 24/7. Maybe you could use a little help bathing, dressing, or with personal care, or extra help with laundry or housekeeping. You might need help eating or with your medications. And sometimes, a little companionship is just what the doctor ordered. Our regularly-scheduled caregivers can accompany the resident to meals, social events, and recreational activities.

And of course you’ll have access to all the benefits and activities that all our independent living residents enjoy, like …

• Full service, fine dining that includes three healthy, delicious meals daily, plus snacks
  • Regular exercise program
  • Emergency call system within each apt
  • Front desk staffed 24/7
  • Daily cultural, social, recreational & entertainment activities
  • Free underground parking
  • Housekeeping and linen services

ALSO OFFERING …

• On-site beauty / barber shop
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping & medical appointments

Come pay us a visit at Albuquerque Grand Senior Living and find out all you need to know about our Assisted Living apartments and services.

Offering both independent and assisted living, Albuquerque Grand is dedicated to providing an active, vibrant senior lifestyle with a wide variety of activities to ensure that our guests flourish physically, emotionally,and socially…backed by a commitment to excellence in service by caring professionals at all levels. We place a high value on hands-on, friendly care, as well as providing well-rounded, complete nutrition in an elegant dining environment. We love our guests…and we love their families.

Features of Albuquerque Grand Senior Living

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Minimum age: 61

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• State License(s): 5544