Atria Shaker

America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Atria Shaker

Average Rating:

Carrie18 April 17, 2015

Atria Shaker is fantastic. It is clean, and it is perfect my mom. They have a regular exercise everyday, they have movie nights, they have bingo and crafts, and they have some different trips that they do, and they have shopping excursions. They have quite a lot. The menu is fantastic. She actually gets a choice at every meal. She really likes that. I would absolutely recommend this place. My mom has been there for two and a half months now.

Gloria41 March 25, 2015

I visited Atria Shaker, and the staff seemed very friendly and helpful. The director gave us a tour and was very informative. The rooms were cute little rooms. It had everything you need. It was furnished. The dining room looked good, and the menu looked great. If a person would rather have oatmeal, they make oatmeal. They had a Christmas party, and they had movies. They had a lot of activities. You could do anything you wanted. It was a nice enough area and very secure.

Caring105931150 February 11, 2015

I was very disheartened about the facility at Atria Shaker. I felt like it was just a high pressure sale, and there was nothing warm about the place. It was all just high pressure sales, and it was terrible. Some of the residents wereOK, but some of them were not very well groomed. It was all about the sales. They have a big a la carte menu of services. They told me that if I want this, then it would be additional fee. Finally I had to tell them to stop calling me. They didn't introduce me to anybody along the way. It was just the sales person, and it was awful.

We very much believe in the service we provide and get very excited at the possibility to help people improve their quality of life and apologize if that came across as overselling. Also, we strive to create a welcoming and warm environment and are sorry you did not get that impression during your visit. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail or feel we can be of further service to your family, please reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including “Atria Shaker” in your subject line so we may more quickly connect with you. We are here to help!

Alexandra4 January 13, 2015

Atria Shaker is good. It seems like a very well-run place. The main difference is that they are not exclusively for memory loss patients. They have assisted living and memory loss patients mixed in together. It is one of the places that we have visited with the cheeriest atmosphere. The reason might be because more people are probably here due to some physical impairment that made it necessary for them to have to go on assisted living. They were sort of a merry bunch. They have a lot of activities, and it seemed well run. There were a lot of movement, a lot of participation, and a lot of life here. That is a good thing about Atria.

Kevin9 March 31, 2014

Atria Shaker is a wonderful facility. It is new and bright with more light and more color. It's also very clean with lots of activities for the seniors to do. The whole board was full of activities. My wife and I went there on Christmas Eve just to see what the activities were, and we wanted to see what was going on.

Caring76377950 December 27, 2013

Atria Shaker was a very pleasant facility. I had an excellent tour. Their rooms were very nice. They did have lots of different activities for their residents. It was a wonderful facility, but it was just the cost issue for me.

Caring76031450 December 24, 2013

Atria Shaker was recommended to us by friends. Everything there is fine but there's not too much place for residents to walk around there. The staff is fine as well and for the most part, the food is very good. Their activities are good. They're mostly word games. I think they could improve on that by having more outdoor physical activities when the weather is nice.

Debbie48 October 17, 2013

I choose Atria because they let my mom stay with my dad despite in her condition with dementia. The staff is very friendly and cooperative. Everything is up to par. They have tons of activities to keep them occupied. They also have trips. They have an ambassadors program where they help new residents mingle with the people. I like that they have an open door policy.

HenryLilith October 16, 2013

My parents both lived here for awhile. Head Nurses and Executive Directors kept quitting. Depending on who was in charge, the staff and activities were wonderful. By the time we left, the Executive Director was firing every employee that was wonderful. He was a young kid promoted beyond his abilities and the entire facility suffered due to his desire to have his friends work there over the veteran excellent employees. So, overall, a wonderful place DEPENDING ON THE STAFF THERE AT THE MOMENT. They will make promises to you to get you to move in that once there, they can not keep.

Thank you for your review and I'm very sorry that you had a negative experience with our community previously. I am happy to say that our staffing has been very consistent over the past few years, with many department leaders and other community employees serving 5 years, and several serving 10 years or more. Our current resident services director has been with Atria for three years, and our executive director recently completed one year. Our customer satisfaction scores have been at 89-90% for the past two years. I encourage you to visit us again soon so that you can see the changes for yourself and speak with our residents. If we can answer any questions or be of further assistance, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Caring73073950 October 11, 2013

Atria Shaker very nice. The rooms were big. The doorways were wider and brighter. The dining room was nice. The staff were very, very helpful. They tried everything to help me get my dad there, but he just got too bad too quickly.

JanDones October 13, 2012

The staff, from what my grandmother says, are wonderful and they've been nothing but friendly around me. They are always available when they are needed and they never seem overbearing. The staff allows my grandmother to exert her full independence while providing the family with a sense of comfort, just in case.There are several reasons that Atria stands from other assisted living facilities. For one, Atria allows pets which meant my grandmother could keep her cat after the move. The facility provides transportation to seniors to and from appointments and shopping trips. Additionally, there are constant activities and outings which aid in keeping the seniors active throughout the year. There are frequent day trips provided through the facility and their transportation allows the residents access of bus trips provided by other companies. Overall, Atria is a great facility. They provide seniors with a sense of independence as they experience their golden years. My grandmother seems happy to live there and as long as she's happy, the rest of our family is too.

yng May 06, 2012

We visited the place when were looking for a place my mom. The place was lovely, people were great but a bit expensive for my father to afford. But they like it. The quality of food is ok.

From Atria Shaker

Just a short distance from The Berkshire, Catskill and Adirondack Mountains, Atria Shaker provides a healthy and engaging lifestyle for older adults. Whether it's walking through the historic state capital, taking in a Broadway-style show or simply relaxing in the private garden, we encourage residents to take an active role in the community and enjoy everything that senior living has to offer.

We offer a range of senior living services to ensure a comfortable, confident lifestyle for our residents. Independent living enables our residents to connect with peers and enjoy an active lifestyle, while our 24-hour staff ensures that every resident is assisted with discreet support whenever needed. We also offer our Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood for residents with Alzheimer's, dementia or other memory impairments. Atria's senior living and supportive living service areas close to Albany, NY, include Saratoga, East Greenbush, Delmar, Glens Falls, Pittsfield MA, Scotia, Troy, Clifton Park, Half Moon, Guilderland, Stephentown, Averil Park, West Sand Lake and Rensselaer.

Whether you are looking for supportive living communities in Albany, NY, or retirement communities in the greater New York area, Atria Shaker is ready to serve you. Visit us today and discover our exceptional lifestyle.

Features of Atria Shaker

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer Class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental