Oakmont of Mariner Point

2400 Mariner Square Drive, Alameda, CA, 94501

Reviews of Oakmont of Mariner Point

October 31, 2015

By Lindy4

This place is a relatively new. I think they opened in May. The reason that my son chose this place for their dad is because they found that the food and cooking was indeed very good. They advertise as gourmet cooking. They like to go there and eat with their dad. So they find that satisfactory. The living quarters for assisted care are reasonably spacious. It has a sleeping area and a living activity area, plus a bathroom that will accommodate wheelchair although he doesn’t need that right now. The whole place is very pleasant but relatively small facility. It’s located on a pier within sight of sailboats and water. It’s conveniently located off the freeway and yet it’s not in a busy freeway environment. It is a little bit inconvenient to get there because you have to go through these tunnels to get to Alameda from Oakland. Otherwise, I have found the place quite pleasant and service adequate.

September 30, 2015

By Karen113693750

Oakmont of Mariner Point was absolutely beautiful. It was small compared to some other facilities, but it was very well appointed. It was brand new. The rooms seemed to be of nice size. The accommodations and amenities for the residents were really nice. They were very well planned and thought out. I met with the marketing director, and she was incredibly helpful. She gave me a great tour and lots of information. I would highly recommend them. They had a little bistro, a hair salon, an exercise room, an activity room, and a beautiful outdoor area that was very peaceful, quiet, and beautiful.

September 07, 2015

Oakmont is a new facility. They are hiring new staff and make it very challenging for the adjustment. The biggest plus has been the social connection for my mother with other people. They have regular outings to locations, gone to an ice cream parlor, and gone to the San Francisco walk for lunch, and there’s regular shopping trips. There was recently a Hawaiian dancers brought in from a local halal. There’s activity calendar posted daily; sometimes there’s cooking, art projects, painting, and puzzles, and they are starting a reading book club. I haven’t seen their full potential, but I am expecting them to move towards a 5 star.

July 10, 2015

By Mac510

Our mom is young-at-heart, adventurous, and 91. She chose to move to Oakmont at Mariner Point when she could no longer manage all the aspects of daily life in her own home, but still wanted a place that offered a quality lifestyle. This facility provides that. She loves living next to the Bay with a view of sailboats and downtown Oakland across the Estuary, the terrific staff, and the extremely comfortable and attractive accommodations. It's a relatively small assisted-living facility, which is a big plus. We highly recommend it for folks who need assistance in their daily living, but still know how to live!

June 18, 2015

Oakmont of Mariner Point would be one of the places that I would consider for my mom because it was in Alameda. They had a lovely view of the waterway in Alameda. The facility was lovely. It was very warm and cozy. It felt very homey.

Photos of Oakmont of Mariner Point

Features of Oakmont of Mariner Point

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3845/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Movie Theatre, All Day Dining, Hydrotherapy, Pet Park, Memory Care Patio Dining, Overlook Sitting Area By The Water

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Outside Excursions, Scenic Drives

• State Licenses: 19200530

About Oakmont of Mariner Point

Oakmont of Mariner Point is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush campus with lovely views, industry renowned dining, and endless on-site amenities. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, the arts, and world-class entertainment.

If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home in our retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our day spa, private movie theater, resident gardens, and lovely grounds.

If you ever need additional care we offer assisted living and memory care services on the same campus. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life keeps getting better and better.

We are a brand new community located on the water in Alameda with breathtaking views of the San Francisco skyline. We offer 5 star services/dining, lot of transportation and activities with plenty of support.

Map of Oakmont of Mariner Point