Oakmont of Mariner Point

2400 Mariner Square Drive, Alameda, CA, 94501

Reviews of Oakmont of Mariner Point

Beth45 November 25, 2015

My dad stayed at Mariner Point for a month. It was fairly new, nice, and clean. The rooms had nice views and were nice, bright, and airy. However, we were not happy with the staff-to-patient ratio at all. My dad literally broke out of there five times in three weeks because he wasn’t happy at all. They were supposed to be taking him out on walks, but they never did. I actually had to hire somebody as 24-hour care to be with him because they didn’t have enough staff. They actually had this great food plan with fabulous food included. They had a theater right there in-house, but they spent a lot of time watching TV. None of their activities was organized. The people didn’t engage the residents as much, and the residents didn’t get that one-on-one time. There were quite a few unhappy people there.

Donald S. November 08, 2015

Oakmont of Mariner Point is a beautiful place. Their accommodations are nice and very upscale, but it's a little bit out of our price range. If we could afford it that would be the place we would go to.

Lindy4 October 31, 2015

This place is a relatively new. I think they opened in May. The reason that my son chose this place for their dad is because they found that the food and cooking was indeed very good. They advertise as gourmet cooking. They like to go there and eat with their dad. So they find that satisfactory. The living quarters for assisted care are reasonably spacious. It has a sleeping area and a living activity area, plus a bathroom that will accommodate wheelchair although he doesn’t need that right now.

The whole place is very pleasant but relatively small facility. It’s located on a pier within sight of sailboats and water. It’s conveniently located off the freeway and yet it’s not in a busy freeway environment. It is a little bit inconvenient to get there because you have to go through these tunnels to get to Alameda from Oakland. Otherwise, I have found the place quite pleasant and service adequate.

Karen113693750 September 30, 2015

Oakmont of Mariner Point was absolutely beautiful. It was small compared to some other facilities, but it was very well appointed. It was brand new. The rooms seemed to be of nice size. The accommodations and amenities for the residents were really nice. They were very well planned and thought out. I met with the marketing director, and she was incredibly helpful. She gave me a great tour and lots of information. I would highly recommend them. They had a little bistro, a hair salon, an exercise room, an activity room, and a beautiful outdoor area that was very peaceful, quiet, and beautiful.

Caring106813950 September 07, 2015

Oakmont is a new facility. They are hiring new staff and make it very challenging for the adjustment. The biggest plus has been the social connection for my mother with other people. They have regular outings to locations, gone to an ice cream parlor, and gone to the San Francisco walk for lunch, and there’s regular shopping trips. There was recently a Hawaiian dancers brought in from a local halal. There’s activity calendar posted daily; sometimes there’s cooking, art projects, painting, and puzzles, and they are starting a reading book club. I haven’t seen their full potential, but I am expecting them to move towards a 5 star.

Mac510 July 10, 2015

Our mom is young-at-heart, adventurous, and 91. She chose to move to Oakmont at Mariner Point when she could no longer manage all the aspects of daily life in her own home, but still wanted a place that offered a quality lifestyle. This facility provides that. She loves living next to the Bay with a view of sailboats and downtown Oakland across the Estuary, the terrific staff, and the extremely comfortable and attractive accommodations. It's a relatively small assisted-living facility, which is a big plus. We highly recommend it for folks who need assistance in their daily living, but still know how to live!

Anonymous107833550 June 18, 2015

Oakmont of Mariner Point would be one of the places that I would consider for my mom because it was in Alameda. They had a lovely view of the waterway in Alameda. The facility was lovely. It was very warm and cozy. It felt very homey.

From Oakmont of Mariner Point

Oakmont of Mariner Point is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush campus with lovely views, industry renowned dining, and endless on-site amenities. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, the arts, and world-class entertainment.

If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home in our retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our day spa, private movie theater, resident gardens, and lovely grounds.

If you ever need additional care we offer assisted living and memory care services on the same campus. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life keeps getting better and better.

We are a brand new community located on the water in Alameda with breathtaking views of the San Francisco skyline. We offer 5 star services/dining, lot of transportation and activities with plenty of support.

Features of Oakmont of Mariner Point

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Movie theatre, all day dining, hydrotherapy, pet park, memory care patio dining, overlook sitting area by the water

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, outside excursions, scenic drives

• Private services

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,845/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55