Brookdale Montrose

100 Brookmont Road, Akron, OH, 44333

Reviews of Brookdale Montrose

Kay E. December 29, 2015

Brookdale was very clean, and the people were very friendly. They had nice-sized apartments. We had a luncheon there, and the food was very good. There were a lot of programs for them to participate in. The staff really explained everything to us and gave us a lot of information. They gave us opportunities for him to visit us for a period of time, which we thought was very good. They take residents out twice a week for shopping. They have a library, a pool, and billiards room, plus all kinds of exercise activities that residents can be part of; you can participate as much as you want or as little as you want. If necessary, you could have your meals delivered right to the room, which is more like assisted living.

Anonymous108952150 June 29, 2015

Chambrel at Montrose (Brookdale) is clean, new, friendly, and inviting. It is very nice. I have eaten there with my mother, and the food is very good. They have a variety of activities like bus trips, games, social gatherings, and entertainment.

Lisa108534250 June 15, 2015

Brookdale Montrose was very nice. The lady that took us around was very good. I just got off the phone with her. She had invited us to a barbeque there. They seemed interested in caring for someone who has dementia.

Caring91261650 February 03, 2015

My aunt has her own little apartment at Chambrel. The rooms have a living room, a bathroom, and a kitchen with a little dining area. She can go down to the little dining room, and sometimes they have some activities down there.

My sister said she liked the place when we were visiting my aunt. It is a nice area, and it’s close to the mall and supermarkets.

Caring5568 October 03, 2014

Chambrel at Montrose was very, very nice, and they were very helpful. We found the rooms attractive, and they seemed to be a good option to really consider. I thought the facility was very secure.

Lynn8 October 11, 2013

My father is currently at Chambrel and we are very happy with the facility. He is very happy too. Many people had recommended the facility and that was the main thing as to how we knew about the facility. We are very happy with the staff, the food, the room, and the level of concern they had for my father when he had a problem and he had to go to a hospital. I take every opportunity I can to tell people what a great place it is.

tmthomp3 November 19, 2012

The complex is beautiful. It is new, so it doesn't have the typical sounds and smells of an assisted living home. Their is a grand entrance and lobby that gives the feel of a hotel. It is a bit pricey, as all assisted living homes are but considering the spacious arrangements, the engaging activities, and inclusion of meals etc its decent. It's better than all the others in the general area, and located in easy distance of shopping and activities. If you're looking for a reasonable place that will not depress your loved one, stop in. The staff is very friendly and open to questions and unexpected guests. I am told that the residents really love it and their sometimes is a waitlist as it feels up pretty quickly. Unfortunately the nature of the beast is that there is turnover as residents often pass on. Take your loved one with you so they can get a feel for the neighborhood and the neighbors, there were a few who seemed a bit loud but it also seemed that they were engaged in an activity at the time.

spaghetti May 30, 2012

I heard a lot about Chambrel at Montrose and that it was a really nice place. I went there for a tour and the opinions I heard were confirmed. It is a really nice place and it all looks pretty new. My mom will not be thrilled to move in there just because she wants to be independent but she needs it. I think I have decided to put her into Chambrel at Montrose. I looked at one other place and it was not nearly as nice. I will be checking into a few more places just to make sure that this is the right place for her. My mom was kind of negative about the place but she is negative about the whole situation because she thinks she is fine on her own. I think the staff was friendly and the place was really nice, new, and clean. As far as food goes, I think they will also have decent food.

From Brookdale Montrose

Brookdale Montrose provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Montrose

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in apt

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: AL Licensure

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Montrose