Cumberland Village

3335 Wise Creek Lane, Aiken, SC, 29801

Reviews of Cumberland Village

Susan Lain July 24, 2012

This facility has 24 residents, each with their own private rooms and baths. There are one room offerings as well as several 2 room suites. The furnishings are very lovely as is the artwork. There is a well appointed dining room featuring white table cloth dining. There are outdoor patios and a shaded entry area where residents sometimes sit in rockers. There are many and varied activities both on site and offsite....pinics, cultural events, field trips, games, music and much more. The staff members are caring and attentive, although on a few occassions when I have visited on weekends, I find that my mother's room has not be cleaned or the bed made properly. Any issue we have is promptly dealth with to our satisfaction. My mother says she is treated with respect and kindness. I would definitely recommend this Assisted Living Facility for you or your loved one.

Farglesnart July 23, 2012

We visited Cumberland VIllage with my mother because she was thinking of moving there to be near us. Ultimately she went to live near my brother so I can't comment on the long term quality of Cumberland Village, but from what we saw on our visit I was impressed. They have a variety of situations depending on the needs of the residents. They have apartment style accommodations as well as patio homes. My mother was more interested in the apartments so we concentrated on that during our visit. Three meals a day are served in the dining room and the menus all looked very tasty. There is no endowment so no expense going on. The apartments are rented unfurnished so the residents can bring their own furniture with them. There is towel and linen service which makes that very convenient as well.The location is very nice and well landscaped. There is a 24 hour concierge on site, courtesy transportation to various parts of town, and a wellness center. This includes a heated indoor pool and a beauty shop. Security looked to be very good but not intimidating for residents who want to invite guests to visit, and the guest are able to eat in the dining room with the residents if they desire.The town of Aiken, where the facility is located, is a wonderful place in it's own right, and Cumberland Village benefits from being there. The downtown is completely revitalized with no downtown blight, and provides many opportunities for entertainment and enrichment. it's perhaps five minutes from downtown to the facility, and also perhaps five minutes to the campus of USCA, a nice liberal arts college with many artistic and musical programs that might be of interest to the residents of Cumberland Village as well.All in all we were very impressed with Cumberland Village and had things worked out differently, I'm sure my mother would have been very happy staying there.

tbh8644 July 11, 2012

Upon arriving at Cumberland Village for the first time I was very impressed with the grounds. The grounds are very secure and if I had to compare them to a "style" I would compare them to that of a hotel. My father was very hesitant to lose his independence but from the second we set foot into Cumberland Village I could see a sense of comfort come over him. The staff treat you like a human being not a patient. The food is outstanding and prepared by chefs that cater to your needs. There are many different room choices but we decided on an apartment-style residence for my father. It allows the nurses to keep a closer eye on him but the other options are also worth consideration. Another aspect of the atmosphere that helped us with our choice was the amount of activities that they have for residents. They have outside groups visit (musicians, pet therapy, speakers) and the activities are simulating. I've had relatives in other facilities which don't come close to Cumberland Village. It's been nice to know that through all the horror stories out there that there are establishments like Cumberland Village that are a resource for those relatives we love.

TypC4mpy July 18, 2011

I have visited this facility a couple of times. I spent time in their Alzheimer's wing visiting a couple of parishioner's from my Church. The staffs were all very friendly and the facilities were very clean. They also had an excellent activities program for the residents that also ensured that they had sufficient supervision to ensure that they did not wander outside of the controlled environment.

I also visited with a parishioner that had recently lost her husband. Everyone was worried how she would adapt because her and her late husband had been married for a long time. When we visited her, she was very comfortable with the living arrangements. Not only was she extremely pleased with the facilities and activities provided, but the staffs were very supportive of her recent loss of her husband.

I have heard similar reviews from a number of other people in our area about Cumberland Village being the top rated facility in the area.

About Cumberland Village

Cumberland Village is an assisted living facility in Aiken, SC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Cumberland Village for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Cumberland Village