Southview Assisted Living & Memory Care

9916 Reavis Road, Affton, MO, 63123

Reviews of Southview Assisted Living & Memory Care

Anonymous117420950 December 10, 2015

Southview was a very nice place that we really liked. The facilities looked new. The memory care was really colorful and bright and let them engage, especially in the Alzheimer’s place. The rooms and facilities were really nice and a lot bigger than where she is in right now but more expensive. The lady that did the tour was very nice and helpful and answered all of our questions. We were really impressed with that.

schwarla October 30, 2015

Southview was great. I just like the feel, it’s comfortable, and I felt more at home. The staff was fine. We saw a room, and it was a little smaller.

Caring83784850 April 30, 2014

Southview Assisted Living was a very nice and very clean facility. Their rooms were very nice and very clean. They have a bathroom with a walk-in shower, a bedroom-living room combination, and a dining-kitchen area. The staff was very friendly and very helpful.

Tim11 October 14, 2013

I think Southview was a sister company of another facility I looked at. Its location wasn't exactly the best for where my parents are going to be comfortable. Also they don't have the living option that we needed. However, it was cheaper than the other facilities I've looked at. Also the lady who showed me around was outstanding.

Brian10 August 28, 2013

Southview is a brand new facility. It is small but very nice. Because it is tailored as an assisted living, it has to meet certain criteria in Missouri State Law, therefore its price is high. It is pretty much the same as to where my mom is in right now, but it is just farther away and it costs more. They also have a full-fledged nursing home and Alzheimer's memory care.

Jack Doe November 24, 2012

Understaffed & why did my Father have to sit 14 hours with no electricity?

At 8:00 this morning I recieved a frantic call from my Father telling me that his electricity went out at approximately 6:00 last night (that's 14 hours with no electricity). He said his room had dropped to 60 degrees and that the facility waited until 7:00 this morning to call an electrician. I immediately called Southview to inquire what was going on. Well, I received mixed messages from them as to what was happening and what they were doing (or had done) about it. What I do know is that his electricity was indeed out. One person told me they had called the electrical company they have on call, but no one answered. I was told, "you know, it being the Holiday weekend and all....". Are you kidding me? You're going to tell me that because it's the Saturday after Thanksgiving you can't get an electrician to your facility so that my Father can have heat, lights and a phone? The stories just became more confusing. Once I was told they called the electrician but no one answered. My Father was told that the facility did not call an electrician and the situation was not handled correctly. Come on. Thank God the whole wing of the building wasn't out (it was just his unit). When I mentioned this to the Office Manager she said that they would have had someone out there if the problem impacted that many people. So, when does it become that important? When it's one person, 2, 5, 10? What a joke. If you're considering this place ask lots of questions. Lots of questions. I could go on, but at this point I'll let the folks at Southview figure out what really happened as they tried to get things fixed. Plus, I'm so frustrated that I'm sure the tone of my comments will come across rather strong. Look for updates from me as I learn more, and what they're doing about it. God bless our parents.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your frustrations about the recent power outage in your father's unit. Our residents' well-being is our top priority. We did offer our Respite room to your father for the night, because we did not want him to be without power or heat. We understand that having to move for the night is difficult, but we also want him to be well taken care of. We tried very hard to get someone to come out Friday night, but were unsuccessful. We fixed the problem as soon as we could. We would love the opportunity to sit down and talk with you about this, and how we are going to improve our system moving forward.

rdills88 June 24, 2012

Overall the facilities were clean and the staff was nice and seemed helpful. My grandparents seemed to be happy there but i could tell that nothing was as good as the home they were living in before they had to go there. I would recommend this place to others as i could not see anything wrong in my visits.

From Southview Assisted Living & Memory Care

Southview Assisted Living and Memory Care in Affton has a hometown feel with the convenience of a vibrant city close by. Approximately 10 miles from downtown St. Louis, this new senior living community offers both exceptional assisted living and dementia/memory care with At Your Service℠ hospitality, one-of-a-kind assisted living amenities and innovative activity programs. Southview provides the best in senior living complete with the amenities needed to give both value and security with peace of mind. It is a small community with a home-like setting designed to re-create the atmosphere people have enjoyed throughout their lives.

We offer the Residence Club for those individuals who have Mild Cognitive Impairment.

Features of Southview Assisted Living & Memory Care