Buckingham's Choice

3200 Baker Circle, Adamstown, MD, 21710

Reviews of Buckingham's Choice

March 29, 2013

By JohnA1

I visited Buckingham's Choice and they wanted an entrance fee of $165,000. I thought the staff was poor and I don't think they listened to me. They were so intent on selling the place that they did not listen to what I had to say. I did not have a meal there but I suspect it was average. I've been there twice and I'm not impressed. I just don't have gut feelings about the whole place. It looked like it was cheap.

October 11, 2012

By Sarah8

This retirement facility certainly has a great location--it is off the beaten path, so a safe location, but near to a main route, so travel and visiting would not be too difficult. The setting is lovely and the grounds are well kept. I like that they offer many different options, for example, you only pay for assisted living or nursing care only if you use those services. I think many senior citizens are in the category of, while not completely infirm, they would like to use all the minutes of their day for enjoyment and not to laboriously handle household chores or shopping or cleaning or yard work. This facility seems to have it all. I visited to mainly consider one of the 80 apartments, which are certainly nice enough. I was a little put off by the lack of transparent price information on the website, but I think most retirement communities require you to request a quote rather than posting cost information. It is a country setting, so if your loved one is wanting to be downtown shopping and going to movies and museums, this facility is not for them. But if you have a senior who would love to be one with nature and not incur the noise of the city, this retirement community could be just what they're looking for.

June 12, 2012

By jadevega

The upstairs portion of this facility was very nice. This was where all of the fairly able-bodied retired people lived. Downstairs, however, was the assisted living section for patients suffering from dementia or in ailing health. It was very dark down here and locked away. The patients were often alone. I did not typically witness nurses caring for them. They seemed very lonely. The patient I was visiting on a fairly regular basis was suffering from Alzheimer's. Every time I went there (the times varied) I witnessed patients attempting to get a shower or medical attention, usually to the annoyance of staff. If I had a relative who was able to live fairly independently, I would be all about this facility. However, I would certainly not recommend it for anybody in a more serious condition who is being put downstairs. It is a rather depressing environment, despite weekly activities.

December 05, 2011

By molly8

The worst place on earth. Terrible staff. Lack of communication. Failure to meet CORE VALUES of integrity and honesty. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!

Photos of Buckingham's Choice

Services & Amenities of Buckingham's Choice

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Buckingham's Choice

Open spaces, quiet dens, outdoor gardens, and inviting dining rooms create an environment that is welcoming. Every resident “lives life their way.” Our resident-centered program, supported by Integrace PathwaysSM, offers assistance with medication management and personal care as needed. Every day brings an engagement program featuring exercise, social events and outings, outdoor activities, music, art and technology. Family and loved ones are always invited to join in! For those seeking an enriching lifestyle that promotes their independence while receiving the support they need, assisted living offers an alternative to traditional nursing care. As part of a full service retirement community, every resident benefits from the extensive campus amenities and the peace of mind in having a continuum of health services available to them.

Map of Buckingham's Choice