Dogwood Forest of Acworth

4461 South Main St, Acworth, GA, 30101

Reviews of Dogwood Forest of Acworth

Cynthia120404350 February 22, 2016

Dogwood Forest of Acworth was a very nice, clean, top-of-the-line facility. I really liked it a lot, but the only problem I have is that it is way out of our price range. It had an open concept floor plan. There were recliners, and they encouraged the residents to come out of their rooms and interact with each other. There was a big, open space, and they were having a class at the time I was there. They had very nice rooms.

emahmuti January 04, 2016

In the beginning this was a wonderful place, but now it is horrible. Staff is rude and most do not speak good english. Things go missing all time, food quality is bad, and they do not want you if you get sick. They will make you jump thru hoops to get your loved one back home. Basically, if they get sick, put them in a nursing home or out on the street, cause Dogwood forest could care less where they go as long as they aren't there.

K. Leedy August 07, 2015

I do not know how to express my gratitude for all your staff members at facility. From the day one, they have been so helpful at the each step of the way for Amy to moving in to your facility. Every staff member at the facility are unbelievably helpful in many ways and they perform so plesantly. The nurse takes food care of Amy. The care manager does a great job caring Amy. They are very good about letting me know how Amy is doing, they keep very good detailed recoreds of Amy that I really appreciate. The lady in charge of activity is also so helpful to Amy by her inviting every activity she is creating for the residents. I can go on and on but every person in your facility is so great to all the residents and they do their job so efficiently and pleasantly. I spoke with many residents since Amy moved in and I have heard nothing but great thing about your staff, accommodations and the food. It is such a pleasure to see smiling faces among the residents as well as your staff members that shows your great management of the facility. Thank you.
K. Leedy

Bob107007350 May 22, 2015

Everything was very nice about Dogwood Forest of Acworth. The facilities were very nice and so are the people. For the time we were there, the security was adequate.

Vickie6 October 16, 2014

My visit at Dogwood Forest was very nice. It was very friendly. It was brand new. I knew some of the people that work there, so I felt comfortable with it. It was a good facility from what I have seen. My mother-in-law was looking at a one-room, and it was spacious enough. We had lunch there. Food was excellent. We were informed of their activities. They had arts and crafts, movies, and games. The staff looked adequate.

Sandy34 June 17, 2014

My mom will move next month to Dogwood Forest. It is brand new. The staff was nice. The rooms were beautiful. They had bingo and cards. They had a theater there.

sr2ndblack May 03, 2012

Dogwood has a wonderful staff that does everything they can to care for their residents. My grandfather was there for about a year and they were able to provide the specialized care he needed for his advanced Alzheimer's. The staff is very welcoming and caring. They are also quick to attend to specific requests. Though like many similar facilities it does have a strange odor to it.

From Dogwood Forest of Acworth

At Dogwood Forest, we’ve created our assisted living environments and services with all of the details that have been clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in the health and lives of seniors.

Welcome to Dogwood Forest of Acworth. Acworth's new premier assisted living community. Ideally situated at the entrance of historic downtown Acworth, Georgia is Dogwood Forest of Acworth, a 93-unit assisted living and memory care community. Purposefully designed with elegance and function in mind, the new Dogwood Forest community which opened in the summer of 2014, was created specifically with all of the details that have been clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in the health and lives of seniors. From its amble living and function areas—to its beautiful outdoor spaces, Dogwood Forest of Acworth offers all the superb amenities, services & care you would expect from a Dogwood Forest community. The community features an array of new amenities that will sure to please even the most selective of tastes – a theater, function room, Wi-Fi business center, just to name a few.

Services

Catering to both assisted living, memory care, and temporary stays, Dogwood Forest offers unmatched services that is as individualized as the unique needs of each its residents. We understand and relate to the needs and concerns of our residents and families-- whether it’s providing a little extra care, educating families on memory care –or assisting them with navigating their financial options. The infrastructure of our community ---our people, our buildings & grounds, and our services & programs are all intentional and are the foundation of the what we call the Dogwood Forest Difference.

What makes us special: Dogwood Forest's approach is backed by clinical data—data that shows that living environments significantly influences the health outcomes and welfare of seniors. We provide an ideal living environment that fosters hope, healing, independence, security and life quality ensuring that each of our residents met their highest living potential. Our optimistic caregiver, staff, and administrators work together continuously to generate the services and companionship that are staples within the Dogwood Forest Living Environments. We are a resource to our residents, families, community and senior service profession. Come and experience the Dogwood Forest Difference.

Features of Dogwood Forest of Acworth

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: No Minimum age

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Dogwood Forest of Acworth