Sunrise of Abington

1801 Susquehanna Road, Abington, PA, 19001

Reviews of Sunrise of Abington

November 08, 2016

By Gabe730031

Sunrise of Abington seemed like a very nice place. It seemed to be well staffed. The residents seemed to have a lot of options as far as amenities and entertainment.

September 30, 2016

By Robert185405

Sunrise of Abington was great, and I liked it, but it was more pricey than other places we visited. Quality wise, it looked great. The people were friendly, answered all our questions, and assisted us in the decision making process.

July 01, 2016

By Robert006548

Sunrise of Abington was the worst experience I had. It was a total negative. It's a very lovely place, physically, but when I put my relative there, I was quoted $3,500 for additional assistance. They ended up billing $7,500. He can't afford that. You see, in the memory care side, they didn't have any availability, so basically they put him in a suite because that's what they had open. It was a nasty situation. I think I've been hoodwinked.

December 03, 2014

By Liz29

Sunrise of Abington was fine, and the staff was fine. It appeared as though when we found out that we didn’t have the income to support my mom for the service in moving in that they were not as interested and being helpful to me. The rooms were of nice size and clean, and the food was good. The dining room has a round table with 7 people per table I want to say; it was an ordinary dining area. They must follow up even after they find out what the person’s income is to see if they can be helpful in any other way or take a look at some options maybe to help providing the income or to be able to point them somewhere else that they can get some services. There are a lot of ways that they can still provide help if the person doesn’t have income at that time.

November 07, 2014

I found Sunrise of Abington through recommendation and online search. However, my parent didn't like this community at all. It was too old. I don't think we were there more than 10 minutes before he realized that my parent didn't like this place. I could just sense he didn't like this place. It was too "wheel-chairy" for him. My father is still active. However, they did have beautiful rooms. They're well decorated and well taken care of. It was a nice facility, but my father just didn't want this place. Regarding activities, they only had bingo, board games, and card room and my father would not have been happy in this place. The people who were there loved it though. They came and stayed there, they wanted that more country living, but my father is a city person and he wanted more of a city-urban setting. Also it was much smaller than the other place. However, the staff seemed very nice, and it was a nice place.

July 19, 2014

By Diane87790250

Mom was at Sunrise of Abington for a year. She had a beautiful two-bedroom apartment, but the food was not good, and she didn't feel that it was a very professionally run facility. I didn't have any problems with the facility, but she did.

We’re sorry to hear that your mother did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can better understand your concerns. – The Sunrise Team

July 07, 2014

Sunrise of Abington has a very warm environment. The staff was very warm and helpful. They showed us around and made us feel very warm. Mom is going to be in a studio apartment, and it’s very spacious for the price. They have Bingo, mind games, arts and crafts, and exercise classes.

April 30, 2014

By Dot4

Dad is at Sunrise of Abington, and it's a wonderful facility. The staff is warm, caring, and professional. The residents all look well cared for and happy. They really make an effort to help each person the way they most need it. The nurse would call me back and give an update on how he was doing and what activities he was in, and that was really impressive. The food is really good. Their rooms are nice. They are small, but just adequate for your needs. They try not to keep the people in their rooms, and they try to keep them in the activities with other people.

April 11, 2014

By Ulysses

When we went to Sunrise of Abington, it was fairly clean, and the people were nice and cordial. The facility seemed to need some minor repairs, but I think they are working on those. The rooms were acceptable.

February 01, 2014

By Dragan1

Sunrise Abington is a nice and clean facility. The staff is excellent and professional. They have a lot of activities. I like everything about them. Everything was excellent.

December 24, 2013

Sunrise of Abington was very good. The only thing is that it is too far away from where I live. Their rooms were the same as with the other facility though. The staff was very nice. Their dining room was good and they would have someone serving their residents there. They did have a courtyard there. There were some people exercising. There was also a field trip and that was nice. Abington is a little bit bigger and so therefore, I thought it was probably better than the other facility. I would recommend this place.

October 25, 2013

By Jean28

Sunrise of Abington was okay. It seemed a little more crowded than the other facilities I've seen, but it seemed that they are well staffed.

October 09, 2013

By John71599150

Sunrise is a very nice place. We liked that place the best of all the places we visited. The problem was it was in the outskirts of Philadelphia and my mother's friends would have problems getting there to see her so we didn't choose it. The rooms were furnished and everything was provided for her. It was all air conditioned and very clean. The people were very nice and the staff that we spoke with were very accommodating.

October 04, 2013

By Patricia38

Sunrise of Abington was very much okay. The staff was pleasant. They had a suite for two people with a kitchenette but there was no sink, just kitchen cabinets. However, I didn't like the entrance because everybody was congregating there when you walked in and it looked and felt like a nursing home to me. It would be better if they could improve on that.

July 12, 2013

By Aileen18

Sunrise is very nice, beautiful, and sunny and they offered a deal that we were able to afford. We got an apartment with two bedrooms and bathrooms. The people are very nice and helpful. The residents all looked pretty happy.

June 13, 2013

By Deborah11

My mom was in Sunrise for four months. She had a cute apartment there. Though the facility was very nice and clean, it smelled. The food was terrible-looking too. We had to transfer her to another facility. Apparently, she fell and was laying on the floor for eight hours. She had to be hospitalized because of that and she was severely dehydrated. She was not happy at all being there and Sunrise didn't provide the care that she needed.

We're very sorry to hear about this experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and take these issues seriously. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. – The Sunrise Team

March 18, 2013

By ptod215

Very disappointed in the lack of quality, stimulating programming. Residents mostly sit around and sleep. The food verges on unedible. Many of the caregivers are concerned and caring, but the management needs to step up its game. It feels dirty and I've witnessed unsanitary practices around food.

Thank you for your message. We would like to understand your concerns directly - please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com. Our programming is a cornerstone of Sunrise communities everywhere and we're pleased to offer activities that enrich mind, body and spirit.

July 12, 2012

By nwu016

the grounds was very pretty. there was a cute gazebo and the residents were allowed to be accompanied outside. we didnt like that it was across the ymca. they were having summer camp and kids were everywhere. they were loud and distracting. also, the facility is right off a major road so it is easily accessible but the location was not completely ideal. there was too much going on. the nurses and staff were pleasant enough. the rooms seemed new and modern, updated. if didnt seem like a lot of family members were visiting the residents even though it was a friday.

August 14, 2011

By jmo1

Cookie cutter programs, administrative oversight lacking, poor communication to family members, did not follow hippa guidelines, culinary offer was poor

Photos of Sunrise of Abington

Services & Amenities of Sunrise of Abington

• Nurse On Staff: 50 Hours/Week, On Call 24/7
  • Pharma

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat

About Sunrise of Abington

Just minutes from Abington Hospital, Sunrise of Abington is conveniently located in "Historical Abington Pennsylvania", just outside Philadelphia. We pride ourselves in our ability to support our senior population through their changing needs - from Independent Living apartments which offer supportive services, to Assisted Living which offers three levels of assisted living care.

Services & Care Options Offered: - Independent Living - Assisted Living - Alzheimer's Care - Hospice - Home Care

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat.

Map of Sunrise of Abington