Availability

Unknown

Reviews of Handmaker Jewish Services for the Aging Adult Day Care

Posted by RGaun May 21, 2015
1.0

The nursing staff was OK, but the administration and the social worker flat out lied to my mother in law telling her she was coming to Phoenix and live with my wife and I. Nancy knew 2 days before that my mother in law was going to a skilled facility until we were able to find a new home to accommodate her needs. My mother in law has dementia and was completely confused and very upset when we did not show up to pick her up like the social worker had told her. This was a not only a lie but in my eyes criminal to play with a patients feelings like this. The rest of the administrative personnel there you could never get a hold of and when we showed up to meet with then it was like herding feral cats to get someone to sit down and talk. And once we did no one knew a thing about their jobs or could answer anything that was helpful. Once they found out that my mother in law was an Altec Patient things got worse. Calls were never returned and they totally screwed up my mother in laws transfer to her new location. This place is a joke and I was in charge the entire lot of them would be filing for unemployment!

Posted by caring09161 September 25, 2013

My in-laws are going to Handmaker Jewish Services for about six hours a day. This is the most affordable day care center in the area. They provide a snack and a lunch for my in-laws. They also have activities that they could enjoy. They have arts, games, and others that help with whatever level of dementia their clients have. I also don't have to worry about them wandering off because Handmaker has a center that is controlled and secured. Their staff is excellent. They know exactly what they're doing. My mom stayed there in 1993 and since then, they made a lot of advancement. It is even better now. A lot better now! They have other levels of care. They have daycare, assisted living, Alzheimer's unit, and hospice care.

Posted by tucson59 July 11, 2013
2.0

I thought Handmakers was better than this. My brother has been going here for yrs & not until I recently moved here, I know have 1st hand knowledge of what they are or aren't doing to help their Day Care Elderly Persons. Sometimes my brother brings home some of the cutest things they made that day but most of the time it's useless or no thinking projects like coloring. I've seen exercise equipment there but not one of the day care persons can use them so all day long they sit maybe 6 to a table & craft, color or talk. When the weather is cooler why can't a few go on a walk instead of sitting all day. When they come home that's all they want to do. Come on these Day Care persons can use better activities for some of the day care persons that aren't in a wheelchair or don't want to participate. Remember use it or you'll lose it. Muscle mass is part of that because the more they sit around their legs are getting weaker & weaker. I've been to Handmakers during different times of the day & same all the time-boring. That's what my brother tells me everyday. So no 5 stars here & I'm being nice giving it 2 stars.

Location of Handmaker Jewish Services for the Aging Adult Day Care