Encore Memory Care Day Center

Contact Now

Reviews of Encore Memory Care Day Center

Average Rating:
Caring9007 January 03, 2013

I have had my wife at Encore for about a year and a half. It has been a godsend for me to have a safe place for her to stay while I am able to attend to other things and activities besides being her full time care giver. The staff is well trained in handling memory impaired patients and are always kind, compassionate and attentive to my wife's needs. I cannot say enough about the facility and staff. It has made a big difference in my quality of life. A good sign of their effectiveness is that my wife is always happy when I pick her up even though she really can't remember any details of her day. What a blessing Encore has been!

Bette Williams December 23, 2012

What a blessing Encore has been for our family. We are trying to keep our mom in her familiar surroundings while we still need to work and continue with our other life responsibilities. She is able to live in her comfortable environment with support, then enjoy Encore during the day. The feel you have when you enter is one of love, joy, understanding and acceptance of all who enter. The entire staff is so loving and caring about each of their guests. They know their likes and dislikes. They know and truly understand Dementia and how best to help their guests live happy, stimulating days. Activities are changed about every 30 minutes designed to stretch the mind, body and soul. Mom loves going everyday:) It will be a sad day if we come to a time that mom can no longer live at home with Encore support during the day. I tell everyone that might have a need what a special place Encore is! This happens from the very top down - Thank you for your investment in a much needed option for families caring for loved ones with Dementia.

Kay Paggi September 21, 2011

Encore is a new adult day center in west Plano. The Dallas area does not have enough places for people with memory loss to stay safely during the daytime; Encore is a much needed addition. Encore is in partnership with the people who own the Autumn Leaves communities for dementia care. Laura and her husband, the owners of Encore, and their staff have gotten hours of education and experience from Autumn Leaves.

The first thing you see about the facility is an outdoor seating area with a grill and tall iron fence; the main door opens into a large indoor area. The "˜guests' and their families enter the facility with a plastic card so they need not ring a bell or knock. The interior space is divided into several rooms, one with recliners in front of a large TV, another with tables for games and dining, a room with a piano and space for dancing, a library with internet connections, and a room with a hydrotherapy tub. The furnishings have obviously been chosen by someone who knows older people: the tables have round edges, the chair have arms and no wheels, and there are other touches that clearly say, "˜We know you, and you are welcome and safe here.'

There is a nutritionist on staff, a beauty parlor in the building, and there is a nurse on duty. The facility has 4800 sq ft, built in a circle around the kitchen; the walls actually curve. It is wheelchair accessible.

Encore is at the corner of Plano Parkway and Midway Rd, on the end of a shopping center.

Big Smiles August 25, 2011

This is a brand new state licensed facily. I had no idea what to expect. But, I was so pleased at how beautiful it was and how loving the whole staff was to me and my Mom. By the time we finished the tour "I wanted to stay there, too". Also, they have half days rates.

From Encore Memory Care Day Center

Encore Memory Care and Day Center is an Adult Day Stay Center which specializes in Memory Care and is highly trained in Dementia and Alzheimer's. We have a complete Activity Calendar with Daily Programs to enrich the adult mind and body - providing physical, mental and spiritual enrichment. We have a Certified Activities Director, licensed RN's and LVN's and a trained Caregiving staff to meet the needs of each of our guests and their unique levels of care.

Encore Daily Enrichment Center is dedicated to providing dedicated memory care in an open, comfortable day center setting. Family owned and operated, Encore focuses on enhancing the daily lives of our guests in a secure, structured environment.

With specialized expertise in Alzheimer's and dementia care, our friendly staff welcomes our guests with engaging opportunities for social interaction, daily activities developed specifically for our guests living with memory impairment, nursing staff trained in dementia care and a warm, home-life atmosphere.

With a history rich in the senior housing industry, Encore Daily Enrichment Center is quickly becoming the leading regional provider in North Texas for adult day services.

Experience and Encore Day, and see what a difference a day can make.

Facility Type

Alzheimer's Day Care

Conditions Accepted

Incontinence, Limited mobility, Dementia/Alzheimer's, Vision/Hearing impairment.

Hours