Home Safety and Renovations for Seniors Aging in Place
Medicare helps cover some types of medical equipment to assist patients within their homes, but it doesn't cover physical changes made to the home.
Checklist: 11 Safety Steps for Your Low-Vision Parent's Home. 1) Tack down mats, throw rugs, and runners. Repair or replace slippery or buckled flooring, too. 2) Use nonskid mats.
More About Home Safety and Renovations for Seniors Aging in Place
- How Can I Convince my Brother Not to Leave His Nursing Home?
- How can I safely secure the exterior doors so my mom can't get out without her caregiver knowing?
- Does money spent for home modifications count towards a Medicaid spend down?
- Is there a tax break for home modifications?
- When applying for a home improvement loan, whose income is counted?