Learn the risk factors for a heart attack and what a diagnosis of congestive heart failure really means. Plus: Get answers to frequently asked questions about heart concerns--or ask your own question.
Many people experience clues to heart trouble -- but don't recognize what they mean. Learn seven physical hints that you may need a heart checkup.
People can live with heart failure for years or even decades. Know how to manage heart failure through medication, diet, proper care, and more.
Atrial fibrillation affects millions of Americans, but many don't know they have it. Here, symptoms of A-fib to watch for and how to respond to them.
More About Heart Conditions
- 5 Signs Someone With Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) Should See a Doctor
- Heart Health for Caregivers
- Heart Symptoms
- 10 Questions to Ask After a Heart Attack
- How to Help Someone Live With Angina
- What Is a Heart Attack?
- Prevent Heart Attack
- Heart Disease and Diet
- Top Triggers of Heart Failure Exacerbations
- How to Recognize a Heart Failure Exacerbation -- and What to Do
- How to Beat Caregiver Stress Syndrome and Stay Healthy
- Atrial Fibrillation (A-fib): Rhythm Control or Rate Control?
- 5 Surprising Ways Naps Improve Your Health
- Atrial Fibrillation (A-fib): 5 Related Medical Problems
- Kitchen Gadgets and Health
- NHLBI: Interview With Patrice Desvigne-Nickens
- What does "end stage" congestive heart failure mean for my mother?
- My grandmother is on a ventilator and has moderate heart failure. What does this mean?
- What is the life expectancy for someone with advanced congestive heart failure?
- How long can you live with only one side of your heart functioning?
- Could a defibrillator cause my heart to race?
- Could my father die during angioplasty?
- How can I help my dad become independent of care?
- Will dialysis help someone with end-stage CHF?
- How can I tell if my mother's having an angina episode or a heart attack?
- How long do people live with congestive heart failure?
- Do congestive heart failure and nausea mean the end is near?
- Could my mother's CHF symptoms simply be sporadic or should we call the doctor?
- Will Dad be recovering from heart failure?
- Can a leaky heart valve cause heart failure?
- Is there a test that can tell if you've had previous heart attacks?
- What's the Difference Between Angina, Coronary Artery Disease, and Heart Disease?
- Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop
- Why Are Men At Greater Risk Of Heart Attack?
- Who Else Would Give Up The Caregiver "Job" If You Could?
- My brother needs, but is angry about accepting help. What can I do for him?
- I feel like Dad should have more tests done, but the doctors say "no". Help!
- The National Alliance for Caregiving is seeking family caregivers of veterans for a new study
- Husband's CHF has changed his personality and I'm so upset!
- He's nearing the end and he's having nightmares - how can I help?